Official Burton Extends until 2027

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote from Kiks, now for Burton “to step up and take the leadership role”. Does that mean he will be captain ? Sounds like he will be in the conversation for sure

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote from Kiks, now for Burton “to step up and take the leadership role”. Does that mean he will be captain ? Sounds like he will be in the conversation for sure
I'm sure he is in the conversation and will be in the 'leadership group' But it wouldn't surprise me if they announce someone that is not clearly meant to be the captain for an extended period. Like maybe a Co-captains till the following season when a Burton or Mahoney can take over.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Every 6,7 and 9 has a leadership role, they run the plays and call the shots on the field

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
#spurton4burton

Good to see him coming out of his shell aye. I spose playing for state and country and travelling Europe will do that though.
He is coming a long well. Should gain some confidence again from that tour.

Last edited:

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His ceiling is insanely high, based on talent alone.

One that talent gets truly unlocked and utilised, he'll be a force out there.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The thing that always sticks out with Burto is some of the skill and intuition he shows. There were several moments last season where he made a ridiculous play, like he was mucking around in the backyard. That’s the sign of a guy with massive potential. One play that comes to mind is when he was on the end of a break, and passed or knocked the ball over his left shoulder like it was nothing, setting up JAC to score. He has that X factor natural ability that is as rare as rocking horse shit. Then you add one of the most ludicrous boots in the game and good footwork and general ball playing ability, and it’s going to be enjoyable watching him in our jersey for the next few years.

I honestly haven’t seen the sort of stuff he can do before. Turvey, Johns, Lewis, Baa etc all had skill and other great qualities, but Burto just seems to make the ridiculous look normal.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The thing that always sticks out with Burto is some of the skill and intuition he shows. There were several moments last season where he made a ridiculous play, like he was mucking around in the backyard. That’s the sign of a guy with massive potential. One play that comes to mind is when he was on the end of a break, and passed or knocked the ball over his left shoulder like it was nothing, setting up JAC to score. He has that X factor natural ability that is as rare as rocking horse shit. Then you add one of the most ludicrous boots in the game and good footwork and general ball playing ability, and it’s going to be enjoyable watching him in our jersey for the next few years.

I honestly haven’t seen the sort of stuff he can do before. Turvey, Johns, Lewis, Baa etc all had skill and other great qualities, but Burto just seems to make the ridiculous look normal.
Think the other thing was, he started to do those things ur talking about (under Potter) regardless of where we were in the game. Still finding his feet here but yeh I’m becoming a fan.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His ceiling is insanely high, based on talent alone.

One that talent gets truly unlocked and utilised, he'll be a force out there.

Yet when I said there are similarities to Thurston when he first came to the floor people denied... They will keep denying rather slowy more and more will understand.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yet when I said there are similarities to Thurston when he first came to the floor people denied... They will keep denying rather slowy more and more will understand.
Na that JT comparison is still ridiculous lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You'll understand one day my dear friend...
No lol. Totally different players with totally different strengths. JT's biggest strength is literally Burton's biggest weakness :tearsofjoy: