CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agree with all that.
But im also happy to state the fact that Avo has already proven to be better (in our team) than Burton has, over the sane amount of games. Avo also did it with a shitter team.

Like I said, the club has a dilemma. If they put their eggs in the Burton basket, they better find an established half quick smart. Probably have to let Avo go too.
Jake isn't on all that much so I don't think we have to let him go, but with how things have unfolded it's probably best for both him and the club if he moved on.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with all that.
But im also happy to state the fact that Avo has already proven to be better (in our team) than Burton has, over the sane amount of games. Avo also did it with a shitter team.

Like I said, the club has a dilemma. If they put their eggs in the Burton basket, they better find an established half quick smart. Probably have to let Avo go too.
>" the fact that Avo has already proven to be better (in our team) than Burton has "
Can you explain on what basis is that a fact? What did Avo do as HB to make that a "fact" when my recollections is that Avo is a dud HB with no vision, no creativity and kicked the ball dead at crucial times. Avo is just another one of the 3 dud HB in our club.

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
Keary?
Really?
He is a running five eighth
Not a leader.
Will do nothing at the dogs to improve younger players.
Just like he doing nothing at the roosters.

Munster
The guy is also a running five eight.
And is a mug.
He ain't mentoring shit.

I'd rather keep Burton and build a team around him.
Bro his like 10 or 12 just ignore him hahah

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I haven't read one article where Burton has said he's disgruntled or thinking about leaving, it's all just media speculation. I'd be really surprised if him or any of our players are happy about how they are performing at the moment. Burton is no doubt a talent and has shown some glimpses of what he can do this year but he's a long way from being a superstar 5/58 at the moment.

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
I haven't read one article where Burton has said he's disgruntled or thinking about leaving, it's all just media speculation. I'd be really surprised if him or any of our players are happy about how they are performing at the moment. Burton is no doubt a talent and has shown some glimpses of what he can do this year but he's a long way from being a superstar 5/58 at the moment.
I know they will try and rake him out of here but wont happen

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Canterbury Bulldogs are facing a serious battle to keep their best player Matt Burton long term.

Two terrible losses to the Newcastle Knights at Magic Round and the Canberra Raiders the week before have left the Bulldogs at rock bottom, the first team since the South Queensland Crushers in 1996 not to score 100 points in the first 10 rounds.

They’ve gone backwards since Phil Gould arrived with new signings Burton, Josh Addo-Carr, Tevita Pangai Jnr, Paul Vaughan, Matt Dufty and Brent Naden.

Matt Burton getting paid unders and losing games at the Bulldogs. Picture: Mark Nolan/Getty Images

Matt Burton getting paid unders and losing games at the Bulldogs. Picture: Mark Nolan/Getty Images

Interestingly Burton’s manager David Riolo says the outstanding five-eighth will more than likely test the open market at the end of the season.

He originally signed for only two years – at an average of $500,000 a season – with an option his way.

There is no doubt Burton could earn 40 per cent more at a rival club – and, importantly, improve his game at a stronger outfit with better coaching.

The Bulldogs have salary cap pressure and have made no move to extend or increase his contract.
Absolute trash article. Was it written by Sloshedfield? Guessing so with the Gus reference. Even if he plans to stay he'd still be testing the market to get the best deal he can.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks the opposite to me. He is absolutely trying his guts out and is the first to celebrate when one of his teammates scores.

He was super pumped at full time against the roosters.

Not the signs of an unhappy player

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
>" the fact that Avo has already proven to be better (in our team) than Burton has "
Can you explain on what basis is that a fact? What did Avo do as HB to make that a "fact" when my recollections is that Avo is a dud HB with no vision, no creativity and kicked the ball dead at crucial times. Avo is just another one of the 3 dud HB in our club.
BUT

Burton played his best 2 games when Avo was next to him. Not saying he is our saviour, he is as shit as the rest but just because of that fact I'd have him at 6 and Burton at 7 this year.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It looks the opposite to me. He is absolutely trying his guts out and is the first to celebrate when one of his teammates scores.

He was super pumped at full time against the roosters.

Not the signs of an unhappy player
Plus you can see he and JAC are the only ones trying to win a fkn game....

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol your clapped. People really dont get it do they. Burton can be as talented and as skilled as people jizz over but he will never achieve the value of a keary or a munster within an nrl club.
As good as he is at the moment, I'd say there's a snowflake's chance in hell of Munster wanting to join us in our current situation and with other more attractive options open. Keeping in mind he'd likely agree to a deal somewhere sooner rather than later and we will still be in our current mess. If he or his agent speaks to us, it will only be for leverage to drive up his price further.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As good as he is at the moment, I'd say there's a snowflake's chance in hell of Munster wanting to join us in our current situation and with other more attractive options open. Keeping in mind he'd likely agree to a deal somewhere sooner rather than later and we will still be in our current mess. If he or his agent speaks to us, it will only be for leverage to drive up his price further.
I doubt speaking to us will drive his price up.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Munster and Keary are miles ahead of Burton and are both leaders, what a dumb comment.
Given where they are in their respective careers (including concussion history) I'd take Burton any day over Keary. Keary hasn't been able to be the dominant half to bring along a young Sam Walker and the Roosters attack, so what chances of him doing it with us. We need a decent experienced half back to partner with Burton because no way would Munster consider us.