Rumour Burton Could Walk Out On Dogs

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
OFF CONTRACT 2022
Matt Doorey, Matt Dufty, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Reece Hoffman, Tui Katoa, Joe Stimson, Jackson Topine, Paul Vaughan, Brandon Wakeham, Jack Hetherington, Jeremy Marshall King

I hope Jack Hetherington stays a beast and impactful players runs hard at the line, resign Vaughan hes playing like a machine for THE MONEY HES ON (150-300K), resign Topine and Matt Dufty. THE REST CAN GO FUCK THEM SELFS. THAT MEANS WE HAVE 7 SPOTS TO FILL. GET SOME JUNIORS IN LIKE THE PANTHERS (EG. THEY HAVE TAGO AND MAY), GET IN TOIA, CASEY AND MORE AND SIGN SOME GOOD PLAYERS OFF THE MARKET!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Jake isn't on all that much so I don't think we have to let him go, but with how things have unfolded it's probably best for both him and the club if he moved on.
You don't want to see how he goes under a real coach?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Given where they are in their respective careers (including concussion history) I'd take Burton any day over Keary. Keary hasn't been able to be the dominant half to bring along a young Sam Walker and the Roosters attack, so what chances of him doing it with us. We need a decent experienced half back to partner with Burton because no way would Munster consider us.
Keary is two time premiership winning half, Clive Churchill medalist and is coming off the back of an ACL yet still has 16 try involvements this season. He is MILES better than Burton. End of discussion.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BUT

Burton played his best 2 games when Avo was next to him. Not saying he is our saviour, he is as shit as the rest but just because of that fact I'd have him at 6 and Burton at 7 this year.
Agree with Burton at 7 because the other options are proven failures and his footy IQ is much higher than those duds. He has to be and should have been our main playmaker at the start of the year.
That leaves Avo as 6 as Flange and Wake are not a running threat. So agree with you but I doubt Baz will make that change.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
At the end of the day if Burton feels like he wants to take the easy option and jump ship then he can fuk off. Not saying I believe this BUT the only way we are getting out of this is with people who are prepared to take the hard road and battle to lift us out. Obviously if Burto feels like he doesn't want to then he's not for us. Easy options just won't get us there. I think Burto has tried hard so far but the bloke i've been impressed with is JAC, this is the sort of bloke with heart that will restore us.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Honestly if he want’s to go then SEE YA! I don’t care who it is. You don’t wanna be here? Fuck off
We can’t afford to lose him, we can’t have that attitude we need him to stay here... his ceiling is huge.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have no chance of even speaking to his manager.
Most likely, if he is happy with his other offers. But if he or his manager need that last bit of extra $$$ from the other teams, then I'm sure they'll be prepared to have a quick and well publicised discussion with zero chance of contemplating coming here.

Last edited:

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol your clapped. People really dont get it do they. Burton can be as talented and as skilled as people jizz over but he will never achieve the value of a keary or a munster within an nrl club.
how can you say that lol
It’s his first year playing in the halves in first grade. Let’s chat in 3 years time!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We know deep down you love Baz. Runs away fast.
I've never hated someone involved with the Dogs as much as I hate Baz.

Jasper was an A grader wanker but at least he got some results for us for a while.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
OFF CONTRACT 2022
Matt Doorey, Matt Dufty, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Reece Hoffman, Tui Katoa, Joe Stimson, Jackson Topine, Paul Vaughan, Brandon Wakeham, Jack Hetherington, Jeremy Marshall King

I hope Jack Hetherington stays a beast and impactful players runs hard at the line, resign Vaughan hes playing like a machine for THE MONEY HES ON (150-300K), resign Topine and Matt Dufty. THE REST CAN GO FUCK THEM SELFS. THAT MEANS WE HAVE 7 SPOTS TO FILL. GET SOME JUNIORS IN LIKE THE PANTHERS (EG. THEY HAVE TAGO AND MAY), GET IN TOIA, CASEY AND MORE AND SIGN SOME GOOD PLAYERS OFF THE MARKET!
Not fussed about Hetherington, Vaughan Is on about 400k and Dufty is no chance for a new contract.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keary is two time premiership winning half, Clive Churchill medalist and is coming off the back of an ACL yet still has 16 try involvements this season. He is MILES better than Burton. End of discussion.
So are the Roosters happy with how their attack is going? He might be better for a season maybe 2 if he plays that long, but either way he's not going to come close to fixing up our attack .... it's a monumental task.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Gus would be happy to lose more fans and the players we are meant to be building this team around just to keep that toss Barrett in a job.he can’t possibly last the season

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We loose Burton and we will genuinely be outright useless more useless then we currently are. Anyways if the club wants to keep Barret then expect more spoons to come and floggings we deserve it for keeping him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So are the Roosters happy with how their attack is going? He might be better for a season maybe 2 if he plays that long, but either way he's not going to come close to fixing up our attack .... it's a monumental task.
I don't care what the Roosters are happy with or not happy with, they've got their own issues but none of them change what Keary is or would offer to our team.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
We can’t afford to lose him, we can’t have that attitude we need him to stay here... his ceiling is huge.
I’d absolutely love for him to stay he’s gonna be a class player but all I’m saying is if he really doesn’t want to play for us then I’d rather he just left.