Rumour Burton Could Walk Out On Dogs

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Has played one good game for us. But i guess i am a spud lol. Fans just accept mediocrity now as quality.
We haven’t been anywhere near as good as mediocre in the last 3 year’s and that’s got fuck all to do with Matt Burton, putting shit on Matt Burton because he’s struggling in this side under this coach is some of the dumbest shit I have seen on TK and trust me I have seen some dumb shit on TK.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We haven’t been anywhere near as good as mediocre in the last 3 year’s and that’s got fuck all to do with Matt Burton, putting shit on Matt Burton because he’s struggling in this side under this coach is some of the dumbest shit I have seen on TK and trust me I have seen some dumb shit on TK.
Factually spot on.Dumbness comes in so many different forms..and with no fucking filter it is a juggernaut that will never desist :tearsofjoy:

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton is young, but he is going to be a star. He’s a footballer for sure.

We need to retain this kid.

He’s an out and out ball running 5/8 in a Fittler (no where near yet) mode. He has good hands, a good kicking game, and a great step.

We need to realise it’s time to get serious and build a good long term spine. Burton and Mahoney are a great start. We already have them which is half the fricken battle. Perhaps Toia will be the fullback we need? Who knows.

People have to realise, Burton is not a Keary or Munster “yet”. That said, a younger Munster or Keary (21) in this team, with these shit players apart from maybe 3 guys, and this shit coach, and this even shitter support team and conditioner would not be able to do SQUAT! Give the kid some time, but we’ve got a deadset keeper here, and next year if nothing else, we have 2 out of 4 LONG TERM spine players that we should build around, like the good clubs do (Storm, Penrith, Chooks).

We need a restructure, but Burton should NOT be part of that.

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

He’s an out and out ball running 5/8 in a Fittler (no where near yet) mode. He has good hands, a good kicking game, and a great step.

We need to realise it’s time to get serious and build a good long term spine. Burton and Mahoney are a great start. We already have them which is half the fricken battle. Perhaps Toia will be the fullback we need? Who knows.

People have to realise, Burton is not a Keary or Munster “yet”. That said, a younger Munster or Keary (21) in this team, with these shit players apart from maybe 3 guys, and this shit coach, and this even shitter support team and conditioner would not be able to do SQUAT! Give the kid some time, but we’ve got a deadset keeper here, and next year if nothing else, we have 2 out of 4 LONG TERM spine players that we should build around, like the good clubs do (Storm, Penrith, Chooks).

This. Can't even believe it's up for debate to be honest. Kid is absolute class and a game breaker. He'll only get better. I think some supporters are convincing themselves that he's bad/overrated so they're not disappointed if he does opt out. As much as I hate to say it, literally anyone in his position would be having the same thoughts though. Club is a dumpster fire at the moment and it's staggering how literally every single player on our books has gone backwards.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Don’t listen to all the white noise, Burton has been just as disillusioned with Barrett’s rigid and lack of variety in game plan as the rest of us. Privately the playing group are relieved at today’s outcome. Expect some positional changes tomorrow re 1 & 9.
As a side note:-
Fittler would be a great mentor for Burton & our younger spine players’ development….just saying

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Gus should come out tomorrow and squash all the bullshit rumor's and say burton and co are happy here and are going nowhere so they can focus on this weeks game and finding a new coach going forward .

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good.

If he leaves because the Charlatan is no longer with us then its better off for us.