Official Bulldogs vs Sharks Pre-season Challenge - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Cronulla are super strong , they are a settled squad with very good balance . We are a new squad , it’s a trial RELAX .Losing Kikau and No Tpj add to that the amount of errors that were made it’s not that bad .

We will improve but realistically I do not expect us to make the 8 this season , but definitely we should be in the mix for it .

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I the only one that is getting a distinct hatred for the Sharks. Yeh they’re a good side but they’ve learnt well from their coach, Fitzgibbon, coming over from the Rorters, who are a dirty side and get away with far more than most other clubs. Sharks have some real hot heads and dickheads in their squad. They’ve becoming one of my most hated teams outside of the Rorters and Souffffs.

Round 8, a home game for us, is a must win game for us against the gummies as we, like any club will be hard pressed beating them at Points Bet.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
9-6 penalty count. What a joke. Ciro better have lots of money on the side. We are going to cop a lot of bullshit calls this year. [emoji23][emoji23]

Last edited:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What are trials for if we aren't going to used the players form as a guide to selecting the best possible team ?
Are we going to fall in our usual trap by sticking by continually struggling players ?
Our possible solutions could be staring us in the face
1 Burns
7 Reynolds / Brown
I am sure I am not Albert, that's Einstein :laughing:

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
New coach same problems.
Yardage: back 5 struggle to make meters
1 & 7: reserve grade standard. It’s disturbing that grub looks far more conformable at 7 then the Flang.
End of sets: atrocious
Positives : new recruits look a fraction better then the guys moved on from last year

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can u stop blaming the refs all the time lol
Hey, I have called out the players on my posts as well. Everyone cops it from me. [emoji23][emoji23] At least there is balance in the force mate.[emoji23][emoji23]

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It was a trial with the intensity of an nrl game which really serves it purpose for us .
I actually thought our defence for the first half was really strong and showed good signs with the exception of sharks first try .
Our attack will take time to gel as there’s new players in the spine but in saying this a few points .
- thought our 6 and 7 were under whelming. Burton and Flanagan were 2 of the more settled players in halves and just did nothing for us . Burtons involvement has to increase , he’s got to find a voice and impose himself more if he’s gonna be taken serious as a top tier 5/8
- seen enough of Averillo to know he’s no centre . I would have burns or even Skelton take that position but Xerri walks into that position next yr
- kikau will be immense . Even though his stint was short , you could sense once he was taken off the team was a little flat and bereft of attacking ideas/ threat .
-enjoyed what Thompson is bringing into this season , looks more controlled in his aggression and if he keeps his discipline and stays on the park more often , the better we’ll be for it
- Mahoney was a little sluggish and didn’t have his best game but like what he’ll bring
- Nu Brown , looks versatile and offers something
- FULLBACK . Crichton can’t come quick enough .
Can you lose your spot if your trial form is poor ?
My issue is this , why disrupt your spine when a more settled option would have been Averillo at fullback ? Perham has shown nothing at fullback to suggest hes a better option than Averillo for this season

If our attack can click i think we can position our selves around that top 8 mark and the only subtle changes I’d make to start is

1. Averillo
3.Burns/Skelton

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They’ve becoming one of my most hated teams outside of the Rorters and Souffffs.
I cant stand them ever since I went to a dogs v sharks game in Cronulla, racial slurs and so on..this was years before the riots too.

Their only premiership came off the back of questionable things, I'd rather see any other team win it before them.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
Yes Kennedy is fast and the angle wasn't as bad as it first looked but Jake should've pulled away. Seemed to accelerate okay but didn't seem to be able to stretch out and maintain his speed. I'm blaming saturdays session for everything bad in the trial lol.
It would make us all feel a whole lot better if this is the case and we come out against manly and kill it.. Let’s hope

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It would make us all feel a whole lot better if this is the case and we come out against manly and kill it.. Let’s hope
I’m optimistic.

Saturday was hot and would have impacted them more than normal, saying that they are athletes and it’s their job. It would be no different to a tradie working outside and back at it the next day.

KakkaDog

Banned
Reaction score
travel out to Belmore, sweat cock on hill and watch a phoned in, couldn't give a turkey performance. At one point we were defending the goalline, fox was the only player screaming from the wing, the rest were just plodding around, sharks score, no one cares.

Oh I wonder how the sharks are a top 4 side, dominating us home in 35C heat in a trial.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanno and Jake's positional goal line defence was shocking, if your gonna be in close you gotta get off the line quick otherwise they'll get out side you all day. They literally just hung back and slowly drifted.

If you want them to run out off field defend wider and communicate with your inside men.

Haze had no clue in goal line defence, for some reason he was never near where the ball would end up in the final plays of each set even when it was clear as day hynes was heading that way.

Our right side lacks anticipatory leadership in defence, probably something Reynolds would excel at.. don't know if he has the lungs for 80 though.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reality bites when a top 4 side puts the cleaners through us. I never ever thought we were top 8 material with our current roster. Thompson is a like a forward version of Mbye. Paid as a marquee prop but cant play prop then shoved into 13 and cant ball play. Flanno simply is injury backup & puts too much pressure on Burton to do everything. Averillo is rocks & diamonds and literally is a 14 mr fixit that doesn't fix it. Waddell....comes on and takes 15 seconds to stand up after being tackled every-time and has flipper hands. Okenturd...the less said the better. Burns...overpaid injury backup. Perham out of his depth in a critical position. The fact is we have some 1st grade quality players and some youth coming into the 30 man squad but we still need to plunge a lot of turds from previous administrations. 2024 is the year I will start getting excited.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd try Reynolds at half back, Skeletor at fullback (he plays like he can anticipate and adjust and has the skills to go with it) with Kiraz centre and burns wing... or Kiraz fullback with Skeletor centre (size and skill) burns on wing.