Official Bulldogs vs Sharks Pre-season Challenge - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who was Dally M Player of the year last year? Who was rated the best HB.
What position on the field do we MOST desperately need? Would be a good HB would it by any chance.
You can take your World Cup appearances.....as a centre, not a half.
We are in trouble if Burto doesn't settle into his work as a 5/8th.
I know, that was my point

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
They were just too good for us considering where we are at. They were 3rd last year and look no weaker. Not going to be too concerned about being beaten by a top 3 side. We will get easier opposition.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They were just too good for us considering where we are at. They were 3rd last year and look no weaker. Not going to be too concerned about being beaten by a top 3 side. We will get easier opposition.
5 of our first 8 games are against top 8 sides from last year though, it won't take long to become very concerning

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jake had our only line break assist despite not passing the ball, makes sense. Our wingers didn't get the ball in attack because there was literally no room for them. All our attacks were off shifts with practically no momentum while failing to play anywhere near straight enough to actually engage the defence. If our centres passed the ball out wingers would've just ended up over the sideline and you'd then complain about our centres giving them hospital balls. Flanagan, Burton and Perham were extremely guilty of this.

The one time we actually had some room on the edge was when Reynolds (I'm actually complimenting him) played direct and gave Jake some early ball. The defence couldn't just slide and was forced to make a decision that eventually lead to Jake putting Skelton into space who then kicked for Reynolds to score.
Mate, I’m no whiner… I played centre my entire playing career, there were multiple times both players could have drawn and passed or gave their wingers good early ball in my vuew

All I want to see is the team playing fluid cohesive footy at pace and giving themselves every opportunity to score points… and defensively, value their try line and be resilient.

Admittedly, our halves today were non-influential and our forward back lacked any dominance which didn’t help.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
the solution still isn’t Burton and flanno, it’s been tried and failed. I don’t care who they play as long as it’s not flanno because he’s not improving.
There is no solution right now and I don't think people are getting that. The coaching staff see the players way more than we do and if they thought someone else was ready to start the year at halfback then they would've started them.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Mate, I’m no whiner… I played centre my entire playing career, there were multiple times both players could have drawn and passed or gave their wingers good early ball in my vuew

All I want to see is the team playing fluid cohesive footy at pace and giving themselves every opportunity to score points… and defensively, value their try line and be resilient.

Admittedly, our halves today were non-influential and our forward back lacked any dominance which didn’t help.
Screen shot them then? There's probably one of two moments that they could've maybe passed but it's hardly the end of the world that they didn't. I'm far more concerned about our middles getting absolutely rolled and our playmakers offering nothing, ice that's sorted then the edge will take care of itself.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Jake had our only line break assist despite not passing the ball, makes sense. Our wingers didn't get the ball in attack because there was literally no room for them. All our attacks were off shifts with practically no momentum while failing to play anywhere near straight enough to actually engage the defence. If our centres passed the ball out wingers would've just ended up over the sideline and you'd then complain about our centres giving them hospital balls. Flanagan, Burton and Perham were extremely guilty of this.

The one time we actually had some room on the edge was when Reynolds (I'm actually complimenting him) played direct and gave Jake some early ball. The defence couldn't just slide and was forced to make a decision that eventually lead to Jake putting Skelton into space who then kicked for Reynolds to score.
Have a look at when they got players one on one with Avo, i can think of at least 2 tries that came directly from that.Our first 2 opponents are manly and Melbourne, DCE and Harry Grant will be will be licking their lips with anticipation for the try assists they will be getting

Sir dogeth style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Make up whatever stats you like, all Burton's success has been at centre not 5/8
so how many rep jerseys for hynes? im still waiting you can even throw in his halfback abilities.. i never doubted the dude and we shouldve purchased both tbh but im still waiting to see how many rep jerseys hes worn? cant mention the dally m as burton got one of those as well, before hynes lol regardless!!!

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Alamoti has a pass in him but he normally plays on the other side of the field.. I personally don't mind if he gets first crack, but I just don't know where Averillo fits in the team given Skelton has already shown enough to suggest he is going to be more of a genuine threat.
Alamoti does have a reasonable passing game, but was just dominated in attack today. I am more concerned with those half potential gaps he was put in but was rounded up pretty quickly in defense.
Perham was disappointing. I can understand being new to the club but was there a few times when we had an overlap. Instead of straightening his run at pace , he threw an early pass allowing the sharks defence to regroup. Also in one the the kicks on the ground he just dived over the top of the ball. All basic skills for a FB.

Should still stick with for a few more games, to see if he better than this.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
5 of our first 8 games are against top 8 sides from last year though, it won't take long to become very concerning
More worried about top 4 sides, because we arent realistically near that level yet. They are a tier above the rest of the 8.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
so how many rep jerseys for hynes? im still waiting you can even throw in his halfback abilities.. i never doubted the dude and we shouldve purchased both tbh but im still waiting to see how many rep jerseys hes worn? cant mention the dally m as burton got one of those as well, before hynes lol regardless!!!
Daly M player of the year awards ?

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our forwards were poor, Pele was better than Thompson
the whole team was poor to be honest. once again we have no idea how to score points, and some of the defensive efforts were abysmal. nobody from the starting 17 really had even a decent game let alone a good one

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
More worried about top 4 sides, because we arent realistically near that level yet. They are a tier above the rest of the 8.
We will be playing Melboure and souths early on who finished outside the 4. Plus 3 of the top 4.It's alarming

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Have a look at when they got players one on one with Avo, i can think of at least 2 tries that came directly from that.Our first 2 opponents are manly and Melbourne, DCE and Harry Grant will be will be licking their lips with anticipation for the try assists they will be getting
They did not come directly from that. You're ignoring literally everything that's happening on the inside and just blaming the bloke where the line break was made. It doesn't work like that.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They did not come directly from that. You're ignoring literally everything that's happening on the inside and just blaming the bloke where the line break was made. It doesn't work like that.
You're underplaying how important missed tackles one on one are in our 20