Official Bulldogs vs Sharks Pre-season Challenge - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

dogon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well then you explain to me genius a valid reason why waddel is in this team? He hasn't played a single good game in 2 years yet he's in fg every week
Waddell topped the tackle count vs Raiders & just behind Preston vs Sharks.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where are the other 2 in the tackle? Why are they tackling solo? There should be 3 in every tackle, 1 x low, 1 x around the ball and 1 x to lock up the arms. Then peel off one by one, slowing the play the ball down, the last one to marker, the second last one behind the marker and the first one off then has time to get back in the defensive line.

The problem is not them tackling low, it's that the other 2 were too slow getting there or didn't even try.

Always a Bulldog
Yeah, you are right ... My comment " his technique is almost too pure for today's game" is a rather stupid one in hindsight :frowning::grinning:

Smaller bodies in particular, must go low when they are first man in, otherwise they are getting bounced.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It is impossible for a fullback to just be a superstar after one game. It takes time to learn the finer skills.
I think Burns is a better option, but I would give Perham a chance to improve.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He is just a place holder for Crichton.

I don’t know why during last year JAC wasn’t given a crack.
JAC would be now worse. But he has real speed and a threat on kick return.

Perham was terrible but then again in the Panthers game so was Crichton.
Maybe FB takes time to adjust- much more than we think
It would be a huge plus for us if Perham kills it at fb amd we had the luxury of playing Crichton at right centre.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It would be a huge plus for us if Perham kills it at fb amd we had the luxury of playing Crichton at right centre.
We ain't paying Crichton 825k to play centre unless he flops

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
825k now that’s the first time I’ve heard that figure. Usually it takes a few shit performances in the jersey before the contract amount starts getting inflated

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
825k now that’s the first time I’ve heard that figure. Usually it takes a few shit performances in the jersey before the contract amount starts getting inflated
His deal was reported to be in excess of 3.3m over 4 years. So whatever that means.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
With Gould on board the leaks about player contracts have all but dried up. The media SPECULATION was $3m over 4 years ($750k per year) whether that is right or not who knows? There is also a question mark over how much of whatever amount it is is actually included in our Cap.

A source (who knows whether it bullshit or not) https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-le...d-to-sign-3m-deal-with-the-bulldogs-c-9498424

If it is $750k, which I doubt, then guaranteed not all of that will be in the Cap, and that's about right for an elite centre these days and it's good value for a fullback, if he ends up justifying playing in that position.

The media SPECULATION on Burton was $3.5m for 4 years ($825k per year) and with that in mind Crichton at $750k is about the right SPECULATION.

Always a Bulldog

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We're paying him 825k to play where he is told to play, which will be wherever suits the teams requirements
It's bad cap management paying him 825k to play centre, 0.01% chance he starts in the centres

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
With Gould on board the leaks about player contracts have all but dried up. The media SPECULATION was $3m over 4 years ($750k per year) whether that is right or not who knows? There is also a question mark over how much of whatever amount it is is actually included in our Cap.

A source (who knows whether it bullshit or not) https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-le...d-to-sign-3m-deal-with-the-bulldogs-c-9498424

If it is $750k, which I doubt, then guaranteed not all of that will be in the Cap, and that's about right for an elite centre these days and it's good value for a fullback, if he ends up justifying playing in that position.

The media SPECULATION on Burton was $3.5m for 4 years ($825k per year) and with that in mind Crichton at $750k is about the right SPECULATION.

Always a Bulldog
Burton 750k and Crichton 825k are the reported figures

They're the best figures we can go off so we can either use those figures or not talk about the subject. I'd prefer to talk about the subject.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Burton 750k and Crichton 825k are the reported figures

They're the best figures we can go off so we can either use those figures or not talk about the subject. I'd prefer to talk about the subject.
I quoted my source https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-le...d-to-sign-3m-deal-with-the-bulldogs-c-9498424

That SPECULATION was $3m over 4 years ($750k per year) but who knows if that is accurate? The next question is how much of that is actually included in our Cap.

Always a Bulldog

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nahh that was a disgusting performance in front of the home fans from one player in particular, no heart, no balls to try anything except freeze on last tackle