10. Ryan Sutton
11. Viliame Kikau
12. Jacob Preston
13. Jackson Topine

14. Jake Averillo
15. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
16. Andrew Davey
17. Franklin Pele
Thats the team that should be out there this week.. Flanno is SHOT TO BITS!!!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If they can only choose from players listed as reserves the only debutant would be KO - if he is, the club would want it kept quiet for as long as possible HOWEVER im sure if Flanagan is to be dropped the media will be made aware of it.

IMHO the club needs to make it clear that Flanaganis not in the clubs plans for 24 and beyond - shop him around for this year even if paying freight - sure he would get a contract in England - use the space to get a middle - doesnt even have to be top middle but someone who can play 20 minutes get to where they need to be make their tackles n not go backwards with the ball.

The argument that Flanno's form is due to rule changes fails to consider that he couldnt succeed at the Roosters despite having good players all around him
Well I guess if a class player like Gutho can be publicly humiliated then yeah.....

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well I guess if a class player like Gutho can be publicly humiliated then yeah.....
Media will shape it to the detriment of the club - not that he isnt good enough.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If they can only choose from players listed as reserves the only debutant would be KO - if he is, the club would want it kept quiet for as long as possible HOWEVER im sure if Flanagan is to be dropped the media will be made aware of it.

IMHO the club needs to make it clear that Flanaganis not in the clubs plans for 24 and beyond - shop him around for this year even if paying freight - sure he would get a contract in England - use the space to get a middle - doesnt even have to be top middle but someone who can play 20 minutes get to where they need to be make their tackles n not go backwards with the ball.

The argument that Flanno's form is due to rule changes fails to consider that he couldnt succeed at the Roosters despite having good players all around him
True, but I don’t think it’s KO because if Flanagan was dropped, he’d be in front of the cameras by now crying again

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely Topine offers more than Okunbur can cover lock, 2nd row, hooker and centre. Must be out of favour with Ciraldo.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The engine room is the forwards, and the engine needs a starter motor to get it firing. That's where the halfback comes in.

For wards will not be running support or pushing up if they know the halfback won't deliver the ball to them in time. They have to wait until he thinks what to do, by which time they are standing flat and have the opposition in their faces.
Be asking Flano for the forwards not doing their jobs. That’s a new one. Sorry Fam, but with due respect, that’s a major load of bollocks lol

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had a halves issue. We still do.
In 20/21 we had Flanno and Wakeman and no one else.
Halvesxthatxlaxk ingredients to be halves.

Before the thugg life I was one of the best halves. Quick. Skilful. Pass both left and right with a spiral, grubber game, chip, long kick and flick pass.
The dogs needed me and probably still do.
I never set out to be a superstar, just a depth player to hold the fort until a superstar arrives and I was better than Wakeman and Flanno. Maybe get a nice contract as a reward to take to Lebanon in my late 30s.
I started going gym and getting cut and halfway through 21 I started playing gridiron for fitness and I was eyeing off Mounties.
I had a few meetings with Mulholland, and met Barrett and things were doing ok.
Covid delayed it and then Mulholland ducking died on me and Barrett got sacked, Mounties got dumped and I lost my link to the club,
I did have a meeting with Gould and he looked at me like a I was a friggin idiot and advised I get into coaching.
I have been down to one session as a work experience type thing and was pulling uo the boys. I told Jackson he was playing like shit and he quit two weeks later.
I’m not saying I pushed him but just timing was lol
And then this one time, at band camp, his mate who was a flutist …. well let’s say the rest is a coming of age story ..

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate we are building for next year regardless, if we finish in the top eight it will be a miracle and CC will I’ll be coach of the year.
True that, never thought about it quite that way, but if we do! yes he will be definitely seen as a miracle worker of sorts lol.

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Serious question, does anyone understand why Ocky runs/tackles with such a lack of aggression? Has he always been like this or just since coming back from his leg injury? If anyone of us were his build, we would run hard each time and drag in 3-4 defenders and go down kicking and screaming. When we tackled, we would use our shoulders and hips to drive into the attacker to push them back and sting them. This is the top professional rugby league competition on the planet, why can't soneone on the Bulldogs coaching staff get him running/tackling aggressively?

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I just saw that Steve Prices son is debuting for Cowboys?! Wtf Bulldogs. How did that happen? How does a club legends son not come through our system? Was he ever in our system? All legitimate questions. Also i get how these things happen but come on!
Price is no Bulldogs legend. He ditched us when things got tough then ragged on the club to try and justify his actions.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Serious question, does anyone understand why Ocky runs/tackles with such a lack of aggression? Has he always been like this or just since coming back from his leg injury? If anyone of us were his build, we would run hard each time and drag in 3-4 defenders and go down kicking and screaming. When we tackled, we would use our shoulders and hips to drive into the attacker to push them back and sting them. This is the top professional rugby league competition on the planet, why can't soneone on the Bulldogs coaching staff get him running/tackling aggressively?
On of Okunbor's attributes is he has a fast play the ball for his size (3.3 compared to the team average 3.9), if the attacker fights all the way to the ground the ref will allow the tackle to continue giving the defending team more time to get their line set. Players are coached to not submit when their progress is stopped, but at the same time to not slow down the tackle. It's about getting fast play the balls, staying on their feet is optimal.

Not tackling "aggressively" (actually effectively) is why he was moved from 2nd row to wing, he has improved but some way to go.

Always a Bulldog

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It might be worth trying JO on the edge rather than in the middle. I’d like to see him take waddells place on the bench once Davey comes back.
No way he takes kiks or Preston’s place on an edge. His D would be a concern also.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Price is no Bulldogs legend. He ditched us when things got tough then ragged on the club to try and justify his actions.
WTF. Price was given a low ball offer from us for 2005 because of Salary Cap issues following the Premiership in 2004. The Warriors actually offered him what he was worth plus the captaincy. At the same time they also offered him an administrative role after he was finished paying, note that he has a Masters in Business Administration. I know from talking to him that he desperately wanted to be a one club payer but he was insulted by our offer and a lot of what he said afterwards was as a result of that.

Always a Bulldog

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
WTF. Price was given a low ball offer from us for 2005 because of Salary Cap issues following the Premiership in 2004. The Warriors actually offered him what he was worth plus the captaincy. At the same time they also offered him an administrative role after he was finished paying, note that he has a Masters in Business Administration. I know from talking to him that he desperately wanted to be a one club payer but he was insulted by our offer and a lot of what he said afterwards was as a result of that.

Always a Bulldog
Also, Pricey was one the main reasons, dogs got to play in the GF in 04

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
And then this one time, at band camp, his mate who was a flutist …. well let’s say the rest is a coming of age story ..
Did he need an x-ray? ;)