Bulldogs vs cows match thread

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I looked at the stats and expected Waddell to be up there with penalties or ruck infringements, but he had none vs the Warriors... Though Preston had the most with two...
Waddell gave away 2 penalties the week before though.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
To be fair he was alright JO I expected errors from him, I’m just confused how JO can’t do what he did to Cameron smith years ago, running over him. We haven’t had a player do this year or even for years other than more recently Franklin pele
It might be worth trying JO on the edge rather than in the middle. I’d like to see him take waddells place on the bench once Davey comes back.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can’t do those things if your forwards are getting cucked week in week out. And the ‘gun’s running take would be way more effective if he had sone lead runners or players pushing up in support. When are you folks gonna stop scapegoating and acknowledge our biggest problems?
The engine room is the forwards, and the engine needs a starter motor to get it firing. That's where the halfback comes in.

For wards will not be running support or pushing up if they know the halfback won't deliver the ball to them in time. They have to wait until he thinks what to do, by which time they are standing flat and have the opposition in their faces.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The engine room is the forwards, and the engine needs a starter motor to get it firing. That's where the halfback comes in.

For wards will not be running support or pushing up if they know the halfback won't deliver the ball to them in time. They have to wait until he thinks what to do, by which time they are standing flat and have the opposition in their faces.
Delivering the ball to the forwards is the dummy half's role, most commonly the hooker.

Always a Bulldog

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Pretty shit that Souths play this Friday, we play Sunday night. Then have to play Souths on Good Friday once they have had the longer rest.
Only way NRL could have fucked us harder was if the game was in Townsville

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pretty shit that Souths play this Friday, we play Sunday night. Then have to play Souths on Good Friday once they have had the longer rest.
Be careful what you wish for, they could make Cummins the ref too

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a feeling that bench will change come gameday. My prediction is either Waddell or Okunbur to start with RFM to the bench. I know some on here would lose their minds if that happened but it makes sense to me.

Also, I get the pushback on Reynolds from people. But I understand the coach’s thinking here. 2 things we’ve lacked in the back end of games: composure in the spine and energy. You could make the case Reynolds isnt the most composed player in the world but his experience in closing out games is still invaluable. The energy thing is not even a debate with Reynolds, even his haters would admit that.
So not saying it isn’t a risk, but there’s method to the madness here.
Last game when we were behind and the comms said we were the only team to not have scored in the last 20, was a big worry. Grub can help change that if he’s brought on at the back end.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Make Keating head coach. Would make for some interesting pressers. How much do you think a coach would get fined for calling the referee a recalcitrant pig?
No as much as if he called the ref a cheating recalcitrant pig.And the bunker, a sty full of swine, I reckon.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I heard someone's making a debut this weekend 8-)

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
tell me it’s JS
If they can only choose from players listed as reserves the only debutant would be KO - if he is, the club would want it kept quiet for as long as possible HOWEVER im sure if Flanagan is to be dropped the media will be made aware of it.

IMHO the club needs to make it clear that Flanaganis not in the clubs plans for 24 and beyond - shop him around for this year even if paying freight - sure he would get a contract in England - use the space to get a middle - doesnt even have to be top middle but someone who can play 20 minutes get to where they need to be make their tackles n not go backwards with the ball.

The argument that Flanno's form is due to rule changes fails to consider that he couldnt succeed at the Roosters despite having good players all around him

Last edited:

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If they can only choose from players listed as reserves the only debutant would be KO - if he is, the club would want it kept quiet for as long as possible HOWEVER im sure if Flanagan is to be dropped the media will be made aware of it.
It would be for flanno.. Imagine, I wish

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bring to the Ville. I could handle the short turn around no worries.