Bulldogs to make bid for foran...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaltsos

Waterboy
Reaction score
Does anyone actually have any new news regarding us signin Foran ?

Not whether how much money he or his dad have or whether he is going to leave us after game 3

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Does anyone actually have any new news regarding us signin Foran ?

Not whether how much money he or his dad have or whether he is going to leave us after game 3
Nothing yet. The strong rumour right now is that he has shaken hands with the Warriors on a deal but may back out 'cause he doesn't want to be far away from his family. Apparently if he stays in Sydney he'll likely go to the Bunnies. That's the rumour at least. I'd say at this stage it could be anyone who signs him.

The only thing that's actually solid is that he has received many offers but before he can officially sign any deal he must prove to the NRL that he's mentally fit.

WPN32R

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He has signed on the dotted line just waiting for the nrl to aprrove his mental state

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone have any info on when the nrl will clear him to play then?

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Anyone have any info on when the nrl will clear him to play then?
When they find out how many games for Manly he tanked in. (Just joking). Who would know the NRL is a basket case at the moment.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Souths and Dragons are out (can't afford him).

It's between Bulldogs and Warriors.

Warriors - allows him to distance himself from bad influences in Australia, but at the cost of being away from his kids (and he's very family orientated - which is why the split impacted him so much).
Bulldogs - the family club. Apart from Des there is a huge focus around family, closeness, and togetherness between the playing group.

Now something I touched on, on the last page I wanted to elaborate on, because it MAY play a huge role in his decision.. FAMILY.

Forans parents split up when he was in his mid teens (source). His father is overseas (ex Woolworths CEO and now CEO of Walmart), and doesn't see Kieran much (to the point his own grandfather was advised he was in hospital by email - source). His grandfather Pat is quite influential in his life, and recently his godfather has flown to Australia (leaving his NZ business on hold temporarily) and taken him under his wing. Suffice to say it shows the relationship he has with his father may not be great, and his mother is never mentioned (not once, not at all).

This suggests that perhaps he relied on a trusted few to be his family, and would explain perhaps why he had an association with Hayson as well.

So, going back to FAMILY ... would Kieran really want to be the father his father was, and not be there for his kids? I highly doubt so (even if it is for a year). With a young family would come so many "first time" events, and even if him and his partner aren't together, they are still "first time" events that they will share as a family.

This also would give an insight as to why the fallout of his family impacted him so psychologically, as in many ways it was history repeating itself.

So with all this said, I honestly believe that Foran needs football, needs family, and needs Des as a stable to help him on and off the field. What better place to rebuild your life, than with the Family Club.
Forans godfather is good friends with Castle aswell he was involved in netball over in NZ when Castle was there. I think if he was going to sign with the Warriors he would have done it by now.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't think anyone knows whats going on with the whole Foran saga.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I tell myself everyday I'm not looking in this thread anymore until something official comes out.

But, I can't f#@king help myself.

RichoDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What are we going to speculate on now ? there seems to very little to look forward too the club is giving us jack all - Could be a very long 2017

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What are we going to speculate on now ? there seems to very little to look forward too the club is giving us jack all - Could be a very long 2017
Heard a rumour from a friend who knew a milkman, whose cousin once saw graham Langlands play that Connor McGregor wants to be our rockstar fullback

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greg foran is ceo of walmart
Yeah but not everyone wants to live off their parents, I actually respect that he gave his ex all the money though. However if his dad is looking to adopt I'd apply

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How the fuck can the warriors as tooves would say there needs to be an investigation

chriso

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Was always the case.. but thank fuck it's official, don't have to listen to the shit on here bout it relentlessly

Status
Not open for further replies.