Bulldogs to make bid for foran...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
But it was OK to keep under wraps all the shit Barba did & got away with.

Allow Barba to go to 'rehab' (it was said at the time it could take months) it was about 3 rounds, but when you needed him, he made a miraculous recovery.
All footy clubs sweep things like that under the rug when they can ... It's not pleasant but sadly it is part of the culture of footy... Hell part of the culture of business... Screwed up modern life....

It's not really an apt comparison in any way. Barba was already contracted to the club and while he was rushed back to help us try to win games in 2013, he was also allowed to move on very quickly. Completely different scenario to chasing a non contracted player who comes with so many serious questions and so much baggage hanging over his head.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why would I cover my arse?You think my info is wrong?Trust me you got no idea who I am and what I know.Up to you what you want to believe.All I'm saying is that Kieran was more than a headache and that's final.Its not he didn't want us,We didn't want him.
Thats a f***up then imo.

Foran is exactly whats needed. Hes a leader, also a leader in the spine crucially where we are very inexperienced with a parttimer fullback and 2 young rookie types at half and hooker, he knows how to direct a team around, he plays straight, hes a hard trainer and has the work ethic, and has been there and won the GF.

He ticks many of the boxes we need

They are blind if they cant see that

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
All footy clubs sweep things like that under the rug when they can ... It's not pleasant but sadly it is part of the culture of footy... Hell part of the culture of business... Screwed up modern life....

It's not really an apt comparison in any way. Barba was already contracted to the club and while he was rushed back to help us try to win games in 2013, he was also allowed to move on very quickly. Completely different scenario to chasing a non contracted player who comes with so many serious questions and so much baggage hanging over his head.
Yep. Definitely not an apt comparison with Barba and Foran. Barba had issues that could be swept under the rug. Foran is under investigation for match fixing. That's not something that gets swept under the rug as the police are involved.

Malla

Reaction score
Thats a f***up then imo.

Foran is exactly whats needed. Hes a leader, also a leader in the spine crucially where we are very inexperienced with a parttimer fullback and 2 young rookie types at half and hooker, he knows how to direct a team around, he plays straight, hes a hard trainer and has the work ethic, and has been there and won the GF.

The board just didn't want what ever he is going through hanging over the teams head. Trust the process - we are better off without him given what will happen to Foran in the near future.

too69u

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Thats a f***up then imo.

The blokes got massive issues bro.The club put things in place for Foran and he didn't want a bar of them.m that's why he went as far away as possible and the nrl sniffed that out and haven't yet given warriors the green light to officially sign him.They want Foran in Sydney virtually to keep an eye on him IF he continues his nrl career.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Save our money for a rainy day, its only a matter of time until an over payed talent wants out of their club for personal reasons, plenty of time until the 2017 season.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The blokes got massive issues bro.The club put things in place for Foran and he didn't want a bar of them.m that's why he went as far away as possible and the nrl sniffed that out and haven't yet given warriors the green light to officially sign him.They want Foran in Sydney virtually to keep an eye on him IF he continues his nrl career.
Sure he might have issues, Mbye has no offfield issues and I know who I would feel more confident with at halfback.

Its clear as day we need someone with ability & experience in the halves. Mbye & Reynolds as a halves pairing hasnt worked. How long can u be patient? Another 4 years of patience as we did with TRex?

Our whole spine is f***ed. We have a part-timer at fullback, who wont even play finals if on Sunday; our rookie hooker & rookie halfback havent played their roles well at all so far in the NRL.

Its been 2 seasons with Lichaa and 1 full season plus 5-10games with Mbye as halfback. Neither have impressed or been dominant.

Nothing will change if the spine remains the same for next year.

And thats just not an opinion of a few on here, all the commentators say the same thing.

Other clubs eg Rorters: Hastings plays 10 or so bad games as is banished from FG and a replacement like Connor Watson is brought in.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure he might have issues, Mbye has no offfield issues and I know who I would feel more confident with at halfback.

Its clear as day we need someone with ability & experience in the halves. Mbye & Reynolds as a halves pairing hasnt worked. How long can u be patient? Another 4 years of patience as we did with TRex?

Our whole spine is f***ed. We have a part-timer at fullback, who wont even play finals if on Sunday; our rookie hooker & rookie halfback havent played their roles well at all so far in the NRL.

Its been 2 seasons with Lichaa and 1 full season plus 5-10games with Mbye as halfback. Neither have impressed or been dominant.

Nothing will change if the spine remains the same for next year.

And thats just not an opinion of a few on here, all the commentators say the same thing.

Other clubs eg Rorters: Hastings plays 10 or so bad games as is banished from FG and a replacement like Connor Watson is brought in.
ok assuming you would want the club to sign Foran for a significant amount and release a few players to do that then after a few games he goes awol. but it's ok, if that happens you'll just blame the club for not putting things in place for a player with issues.......ffs.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
ok assuming you would want the club to sign Foran for a significant amount and release a few players to do that then after a few games he goes awol. but it's ok, if that happens you'll just blame the club for not putting things in place for a player with issues.......ffs.
Yeah its a punt and the Warriors took it..

And our spine is alot more deficient than theres. RTS Luke Lolohea & Johnson and they still go for Foran.. on the other hand were stuck with Rookies and the like in our spine..

We need the spine addressed be it Foran or someone else

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The board just didn't want what ever he is going through hanging over the teams head. Trust the process - we are better off without him given what will happen to Foran in the near future.
Win a premiership with the warriors!

We are no longer the Bulldogs of old, that attitude, drive, resilience and the ability to help change individual attitudes for the better is gone... We used to turn boys into men, players into legends. Now days it's if the player can't be a robot, we're better of without him! Teams used to fear us, now they can't wait to play us, what a joke we have become. If we keep going with this 'we can't be bothered' attitude, we will break Cronulla's record if not the world record for not winning a premiership! That I guarantee....

Malla

Reaction score

We are no longer the Bulldogs of old, that attitude, drive, resilience and the ability to help change individual attitudes for the better is gone... We used to turn boys into men, players into legends. Now days it's if the player can't be a robot, we're better of without him! Teams used to fear us, now they can't wait to play us, what a joke we have become. If we keep going with this 'we can't be bothered' attitude, we will break Cronulla's record if not the world record for not winning a premiership! That I guarantee....
While I agree with everything you have said, I still think it would be a step backwards to sign Foran. He doesn't deserve a big contract with the allegations levelled against him nor does he deserve to come to the Dogs. Our problem is Hasler who needs to go.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I agree with everything you have said, I still think it would be a step backwards to sign Foran. He doesn't deserve a big contract with the allegations levelled against him nor does he deserve to come to the Dogs. Our problem is Hasler who needs to go.
Agree hasler is a massive problem and needs to go. But Foran, the board instead of drilling him, show him how we're going to turn his life around, how we as the FAMILY club, are going to look after his family also, let's show some empathy to these important things, as long he commits on the field and off it we are there.. Imagine your one of the best rugby league players going around, you find yourself in the most challenging time of your life and a club says to you, we are ready to look after you and your young family and turn your life around, offer him the minimum the NRL will accept and put in an incentive clause. You think his going to reject that... But no, we're too worried about image and how he might fuck it up, instead of looking at the positives we look at the negatives! Our club is so centred around image, we've forgot about the football!

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Best fucking post.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hes going to sign for half the amount of his Parra contract and only for 1 year.. ideal terms if you ask for a club to take a punt on him

Status
Not open for further replies.