Bulldogs star Jamal Idris chooses to join Gold Coast Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeh exactly right. Cant remember the last international player we ever retained. Even Hannant left with a year to go. Is there something wrong with the club. Maybe we only offer players what they are worth but other clubs with a larger salary cap can pay 200-300 grand more :p
We retained Ryan after his SOO stints in 2005-07

C

chipandchase

im dissapointed that he has shown no loyalty. if he has signed then he has to move the bench and play as a backrower to give lafai time to develop. i think that is his best spot anyway
But will Moore do this?

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Now this gets awkward...what's his role in the team for the rest of the year?

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
im dissapointed that he has shown no loyalty. if he has signed then he has to move the bench and play as a backrower to give lafai time to develop. i think that is his best spot anyway
But will Moore do this?
Hopefully he will get picked for origin and it won't be an issue

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
I agree with this....
x2

I was just about to make a thread about that TBH

Lafai needs game time ... and I HOPE Moore doesn't make the same mistake as Barba by not giving him the necessary experience now

Why delay the experience level ?

LSD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Everyone keeps saying a 3 year 1 mill deal, that only roughly 333k not the 400k reported, also will the tv show deal/monitary value come under the salary cap? I mean players have to pay for flights for their own families to games due to salary cap restrictions unless its their debut game. There was Scotty Prince and his house, Melbourne and their boats and cars. Surely this would have had some impact on his decision to go and should count towards the cap!

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Idris is not our junior either, so your original point is void if you want to note Armit being a Parra junior.
Idris is our Jnr..check your records please...this has been discussed before, he played for Chesterhill, and he played SG ball for the dogs... he is the last of our Jnr's ...

As I said check your facts...

B4L

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Oh well. It's a loss but not the end of the world.

At the end of the day, he's only a centre, he's a defensive liability, 400k plus is too much for him at the moment and most importantly Lafai looks a nice prospect.

We save money, can get Graham, re-sign Barba, Foster, Sezer, Kasiano and Lafai with more ease and maybe sign someone else from somewhere.

Jamal could end up being a great player. But we made him feel welcome, made him a great offer and turned him into what he is and that wasn't good enough.

Greenberg or the club shouldn't be held to blame and no one should be jumping off a cliff because we didn't retain a still vastly unrpoven 400k a year centre with massive defensive issues.
110% With you!

Also look to resign Finn,Burr and Jackson

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone keeps saying a 3 year 1 mill deal, that only roughly 333k not the 400k reported, also will the tv show deal/monitary value come under the salary cap? I mean players have to pay for flights for their own families to games due to salary cap restrictions unless its their debut game. There was Scotty Prince and his house, Melbourne and their boats and cars. Surely this would have had some impact on his decision to go and should count towards the cap!
I said it before, the deal is worth about $575K that's with the third party endorsments and the TV show...

[FKN-SIK]

Gigidy Gigidy
Reaction score
It's official. He signed with them for 5 years hahahahahaha

Poor bastards lol

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Jamal's gonna have a kids show.

This is the way we lose the game, lose the game, lose the game, this is the way we lose the game, all year long

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Don't know if this has been posted before.

THE Titans are poised to offer Jamal Idris his own children's television show as part of a million-dollar-plus deal to draw him to the Gold Coast. And should he join the club, its star player, Preston Campbell, has predicted it would help to make him an Australian captain one day.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...eal-will-lure-idris-north-20110402-1cscs.html

Poor Preton has had too many head knocks.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Idris is our Jnr..check your records please...this has been discussed before, he played for Chesterhill, and he played SG ball for the dogs... he is the last of our Jnr's ...

As I said check your facts...
Oh right. I thought Ozman had shown he wasn't. Still, don't really see why you're whinging about loyalty, he did was right by himself, he doesn't owe anything to the Dogs.

He took the money and the lifestyle. The game is professional now, it's a job. When you get offered a better wage, it's something that entices you to move. If you don't get anything extra for being loyal, what's the point of not taking the better offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.