Bulldogs sign Corey Harawira-neara

Status
Not open for further replies.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Excellent signing!

Definitely not too big to play centre. According to the different club’s official profiles CHN is 96kg. Compared to J Moz 98kg, Joseph Manu 98kg and Mahe Fonua 103kg to name a few.
Played all his early footy as a centre as well.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who else's comment got deleted from this thread? All because I said get the popcorn ready??? Lol man up Mr I you were way off get over yourself. Just coz you got made to look silly doesn't mean you have to delete people's comments that alluded to your fuck up. What a joke!
I think he has already admitted his mistake when he closed the rumour thread prematurely?

doggyrock

Waterboy
Reaction score
Open question to everyone- what sort of salary would he be on.
4 year deal isn’t it?

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran was our weakest link but we have Cogger who will be replacing him in the starting 17. Time will tell if Cogger will be a genuine answer at 7 but he is ahead of Foran anyways.

I agree Lichaa is definitely our weakest link now
There is zero chance of foran not playing first grade if hes available

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Martin insisted he only wanted a year to keep himself hungry to perform
Which is good for both parties. If holland kicks goals all next year and keeps playing well, and martins form slides then we just move him on.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
We've lost Fine and Priest, so Sue/CHN will just probably be covering both of them. We do need a bit more firepower in NSW Cup though.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
8. Tolman
9. Lichaa
10. Klemmer
11. RFM
12. CHN
13. Jackson (c)

14. JMK
15. Danny.F
16. Sue
17. Elliott

Reverses martin, c.smith, orgden.

This will be the team holland goal kicks as martin wont play nrl until theres an injury. And btw there is no way in hell chn is signed to play centre. The above is a good pack all moblie, def very sound, all very fit and can all play big minutes.

Our next priority has to be signing manu. Lichaa is ok at hooker. Would much rather sign manu instead of seggy. Seggy can attack but has massive def problems. Lichaas def is 1000 times better.

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A few people owe Dog Whisperer an apology. He seems very honest and never carries on as if his mail is gospel.

I always appreciate the more legit guys like him passing info on. Not everything they say will come true but that doesn't mean the club wasn't looking at that player, it might just mean the player or club changed their mind as negotiations can get messy and complicated.

Anyway, I'm happy we signed a very talented player, regardless of whether we already have good second rowers. The more talent the better. The rest will sort itself out.

Portland didn't draft Michael Jordan because they had Clyde Drexler who plays the same position so they drafted Sam Bowie instead. How did that work out? You take the best talent available and sort out the rest later...

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good signing but fuck do we need backrowers
I reckon the merit of the signing can only be judged after recruitment is finished. I would have thought backrow would have been one of the last positions we needed to fill so if we dont sign any outside backs or a hooker then I question the merit of the signing.

He is a pretty damn good player though so lets hope we get some outside backs to compliment his signing

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Are we in talks with Joseph Manu?
Yes, that rumour has legs.
We've done all we can, it's up to the roosters to release him. He's under contract with them, it will be hard to get him but nothing is impossible.
Put it this way, they can't keep everyone.
There's rumours Taupau will link with roosters(not from my source by the way & who knows if this is true or not), but if that's the case someone will need to be squeezed out.

I really hope that all these players that we are chasing on current contracts and the ones we've bought like CHN who was under contract as well with the panthers are good business deals.
What I mean is I really hope their clubs are paying part of their contracts. If the dogs are doing that then we are on the road to negating the contracts that we're still paying for the players we released.

I think you will find our new board is probably one of the most smartest we've ever had. We got a really good balance on our board.

Chris Anderson - He's got Bullfrogs knowledge and wisdom
Lynn Anderson - Ditto
Paul Dunn - well you can't have everyone as a straighty 180...lol
Steve Price - Bulldogs legend and scouting all over queensland for us.
Turvey - Bulldogs legend, will never make a decision against the clubs best interest, always puts the club first
Ballesty - Former Leagues club General manager who ran the leagues club like a well oiled machine and one of the key figures in helping the Leagues club avoid insolvency back in the early 80's.
John Khoury - Heavily involved in creating a great junior base for the club and a gentlemen who bleeds blue and white. Great businessman.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.