Official Bulldogs Reject Sports Betting

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coca - Cola has done that for centuries, I must have got brainwashed as a kid, seeing that red an white sign everywhere, hence I still drink shit loads of it today :tearsofjoy: !!
HOW HOW true brother, Looking back at how those cigerate Companies brain washed kids, now the betting agencies have also taken to brain washing kids is criminal. Inspite of the fact that they are doing it in public for all to see, our corrupt Polies just sit back and do nothing.
To think that some are very bitter about kids been brain washed because they were taught about the 10 Commandments.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone know if kids still bring a gold coin to school on Melbourne cup day for sweeps?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I really don't see how anyone can put a negative spin on this. Even if it is hypocritical when pokies are a huge part of the leagues club, that doesn't mean that they can't try and make a change in other areas that they can control. They're not exactly going to tell the leagues club to get rid of all of the pokies because then there'd be no football club..
I actually think that proves mine and others point though mate. We’ll keep the pokies because we need them to survive but can make a token gesture not to accept a gambling sponsor in full knowledge we will easily secure a non-gambling sponsor anyway. I agree with Spoonman, it’s Castle like and I hope we aren’t on the way to becoming a woke club

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The way I see it is with gambling, when our club relies totally on pokies for its survival.
Wage eaners could have the amount they could put through the pokies capped, I cant see that as a problem with todays techonology.
However I believe that much of the money our Leagues earns from pokies, comes from those small businesess who handle a lot of cash, and pay very little if any tax.
With the government geting a big % of the money which is put through the pokies, It might be a way for the Government to get the money they should be getting in tax via the back door.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m not saying the club is going back to days like it was under Castle but this specific move does remind me of something she would do. The current board and admin have plenty of credit in the bank from what they have done so far but I think they missed the mark on this one.

If they are so keen to stamp out gambling money then do it across the board but to me this just looks like a half hearted effort to score some cheap PR. It just shows how weak and dumb Australia’s media is that no one questioned Warburton over it.
Fair enough. Someone in the media definitely should have asked the obvious question about pokies etc. We know they can't do it across the board as they need those cheques from the leagues club to keep the football club afloat at times. So I agree about about the hypocrisy.

The way I see it, it's like an energy company that uses mainly coal saying they're going to be using more green energies moving forward and less coal... They're still using coal and polluting the shit out of the environment, and still profiting from that pollution, but at least they're not polluting as much as before which is a step in the right direction...

I'm supportive of this because I've been outspoken about how bad gambling advertising has gotten and I'm glad someone is shining a light on the issue, even if not much might change in the long run..

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
"It is the fish corruption that John West Canterbury rejects, that makes John West the Bulldogs the best" :grinning:

- We reject betting in sports
- Corrupt biased NRL officials
- NRL playing favourites, and,
- Fucked up media outlets pushing their own agendas....this means you Buzz, you pickled old fart!!!

1646340675830.png

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I actually think that proves mine and others point though mate. We’ll keep the pokies because we need them to survive but can make a token gesture not to accept a gambling sponsor in full knowledge we will easily secure a non-gambling sponsor anyway. I agree with Spoonman, it’s Castle like and I hope we aren’t on the way to becoming a woke club
Yeah I've agreed about the hypocrisy the whole time. And agree that it is a PR move to a degree. Most things clubs do are with PR in mind though, including charity work and school visits etc..

I think most people, even regular punters, can acknowledge that betting commericals dominate the market now. Hopefully this helps change that a bit. I doubt we'll see too many Trans or Non Binary woke movements from the club anytime soon. Haha

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I doubt we'll see too many Trans or Non Binary woke movements from the club anytime soon. Haha
Don’t open that can of worms mate.
Won’t be long before the woke point out that ‘Bull’ means male cow and is offensive to non-binary cows and just like the Washington Football Team we’ll have to become the Canterbury Bankstown Commanders, but it’s OK because at club functions they serve Cheer Cheese and we hug and sing Kumbaya :-).

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Won’t be long before the woke point out that ‘Bull’ means male cow and is offensive to non-binary cows and just like the Washington Football Team we’ll have to become the Canterbury Bankstown Commanders, but it’s OK because at club functions they serve Cheer Cheese and we hug and sing Kumbaya :-).
Haha. You're probably right, the league and sporting landscape will be like that in about 5-10 years. What you described reminds me of the Sarcastabowl episode of South Park. Which is pretty much where V'Landys has Rugba League headed..

images (3).jpeg

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Haha. You're probably right, the league and sporting landscape will be like that in about 5-10 years. What you described reminds me of the Sarcastabowl episode of South Park. Which is pretty much where V'Landys has Rugba League headed..

View attachment 42020
Those guys are brilliant - have always been ahead of the curve. And Team America is as quality today as when it came out 15+ years ago :tearsofjoy:.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Great decision by your club.
Putting themselves out there to be criticised and accused as hypocrits I guess but no doubt have all the right intentions in making this decision.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hahaha I think that’s what one of the fuckwits here who is usually negative Nancy wants. We won’t be able to get a beer at football club meetings because the poor hops, yeast & barley were slaughtered and weren’t asked their preferred pronouns haha

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Putting themselves out there to be criticised and accused as hypocrits I guess but no doubt have all the right intentions in making this decision.
The less publicity parasite gambling companies get the better. I haven't brought a jersey since we degraded ours with one.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People who are going to gamble on sport will do so without the constant adds and reminders on TV, the intent with advertising is get new people to start it and I must admit I have been enticed by it but never done it.

NRL wants to distance itself then they need to put a stop to the advertising before, during and after.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We’ll have to agree to disagree.
There’s minors in my life who are none the wiser because there’s no emphasis paid to the product (eg: betting or booze when watching footy) and any consumption for me isn’t around them. I say personal responsibly trumps advertising and you’re a product of your environment, but appreciate others feel differently.
It's a wonderful thing, to choose to agree to disagree.
I do believe it"s a bit of both, at the end it does come down to individual's choices, but the reality is one way or the other people are influenced to try something different.
You are better than me, you've indicated by saying "any consumption ( alcohol ) for me isn't around them ( minors )", you feel the responsibility not to promote !
I believe we are on the same page !!!

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happy this view has been taken. There's been rumours of gambling infiltrating and impacting the results of many sports for a while now and already proven in some instances. It may not eliminate this but at least it better separates the idea of sport and gambling as a partnership.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
You are better than me, you've indicated by saying "any consumption ( alcohol ) for me isn't around them ( minors )", you feel the responsibility not to promote !
I believe we are on the same page !!!
I may not have been clear in my choice of words. Firstly I’m not better (or worse) than anyone. And of course my kids have seen me drink at home. My point is that what I do at home or what I do at the pub could well be different, but I’m responsible for my decisions, I’m not going to blame outcomes on anyone else and I want them to learn the same disciplines - which is why I think you’re a product of your environment, regardless of external influences like ads or anything else. We can’t keep everyone wrapped in cotton wool.