Bulldogs ready to swoop on cap-strapped Broncos

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Third party sponsor mate.. and will push others out to upgrade him... ... $1.1 V $700k is actually $400k gap and I think Brisbane will close that as much as possible and keep him. The concern now for us is Gold Coast also making a play for some of their players that we would also be interested in...
HAHAH yeah you're right, BUT he also has stated that his priority is to build his mother a house that's paid off and to set his family up. So he is clearly saying he is after a massive pay day and so if he knocks back a mammoth $400k difference between the two offers a season over 5 seasons it's absolute bs

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
HAHAH yeah you're right, BUT he also has stated that his priority is to build his mother a house that's paid off and to set his family up. So he is clearly saying he is after a massive pay day and so if he knocks back a mammoth $400k difference between the two offers a season over 5 seasons it's absolute bs
Yeah agree the only logic I can see is Brisbane is going to sign him for 1 year and offload 1-2 excess forwards so they can upgrade him 2022 onwards. Plus all the third stuff they will organise for him.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah agree the only logic I can see is Brisbane is going to sign him for 1 year and offload 1-2 excess forwards so they can upgrade him 2022 onwards. Plus all the third stuff they will organise for him.
A5872494-6A82-4EC8-8726-1F9AE8CEAC27.jpeg LOLLLLLLL FUCKING BRONCOS KEEP PULLING RABBITS OUT OF THAT HAT

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don’t think I’ll call his mum (his manager) for financial advice

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Broncos must be giving him a tonne under the table to make up that difference.

The NRL is a joke for not even looking into why a player would turn down 400k more in a season. And yet they had the audacity to not let Folau join Parra because they were offering him a deal "below his market value"....

Well the Morris brothers on "the minimum" or Fifita playing for 400k less is well below their market value! But the NRL all of a sudden turn a blind eye because it helps the bigger clubs.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Broncos must be giving him a tonne under the table to make up that difference.

The NRL is a joke for not even looking into why a player would turn down 400k more in a season. And yet they had the audacity to not let Folau join Parra because they were offering him a deal "below his market value"....

Well the Morris brothers on "the minimum" or Fifita playing for 400k less is well below their market value! But the NRL all of a sudden turn a blind eye because it helps the bigger clubs.
Need to do away with the Salary Cap unless player salary’s are out in the open like American sports.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They would have upped the offer big time to keep Fifita and we would never have got him, so I would be hitting Kotoni Stagg hard..(regardless of what is in the press)

I dont care what anyone says, nobody knocks back almost half a million a year extra to stay loyal to the Broncos with Seibold as coach and traveling the way they are. He is a kid and leaving for 2 or 3 years is nothing for a 20 year old, he can pick up $2-3 million and still only be 23 when he signs his next contract which will be huge..

The Broncos are backing themselves into a corner because of all the other talent they have to pay for and will need to offload at least 1 or 2 big money players to cover Fifita, I am sure of it.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It hasnt finished yet!
Titans just upped their offer from 1.1-1.25 million.
They just said on Nrl 360 that Bulldogs offered 1 million.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we are smart, we will up our offer to $1.3 million. If we jag him we make the best forward "Peter Mulholland has ever seen" fit our rebuild plans, or the Broncos will have to pay even more to keep him and do a Jason Taumalolo type deal that fucks them with other players.

And we swoop.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
View attachment 15782 LOLLLLLLL FUCKING BRONCOS KEEP PULLING RABBITS OUT OF THAT HAT
Wow... I’m watching 360 now... I think he’s an unreal player ... he’s honestly the closest thing to SBW I have seen.. I don’t think he’s “just and edge back rower” I reckon he’s worth over $700k but $1.25m ... there needs to be an investigation if he knocks that back...

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
broncos move on boyd, that alone frees up 800k a year to increase fafitas offer, add in jack bird and milford the following seasons thats over 2 millions

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
1m max for Fifita (worth 700k imo). Good on the club for offering 1m anymore would be overs on overs. At least that amount is a proper go at a player.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1m max for Fifita (worth 700k imo). Good on the club for offering 1m anymore would be overs on overs. At least that amount is a proper go at a player.
Mate... you of all people. WHERE IS THE OVERS. $1.3 million, lets play poker.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Do you remember andrew gee disappearing and refusing to get interviewed about salary cap stuff a few years ago mmm

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's overs overs overs then the best young player in the game is only worth 50k more than Napa at base value lol

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Too much :tearsofjoy: . Throw that or thereabouts at Munster or Keary.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It's overs overs overs then the best young player in the game is only worth 50k more than Napa at base value lol
? Napa's worth 300k (a bit more at the time we signed him).