Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2013 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
In camp with indigenous team cliffy lyons apparantely said to thurston if he wants to win a comp hed be better off with a sydney ,maybe cliffy and dessie still mates

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
With the cowboys resigning Tamou, Linett and now Scott can they really put up the 5 million or anything in significance to save Thurston.

Bulldogs would be his preffered club in sydney but how many players would we have to let go of:

Tolman, Hodgo, Keating, Halatau.

I think he is definetely worth the buy because we have enough young forwards coming through. Thoughts?
I agree, i reckon turner, halatau, hodgo gone plus 3rd party sponsorship should lure him back. We should throw the book at thurston.

Ray 2012

Waterboy
Reaction score
Apparently reports on Fox Sports News that Thurston is going to make up his mind next week in regarding his future.

Lets hope Hasler has worked his magic on JT!!!

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Why would he announce at the beginning of the season that he is going anywhere but staying at the cows.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would he announce at the beginning of the season that he is going anywhere but staying at the cows.
I doubt he will, but why would James Maloney announce 14 months in advance that he's off to the Roosters?

Ray 2012

Waterboy
Reaction score
I doubt he will, but why would James Maloney announce 14 months in advance that he's off to the Roosters?
Good Point, I think the cowboys need to lock up bowen, tate and co pretty soon. They maybe finally gave JT a time frame

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember we have to keep Reynolds as well.. we've also got Pritchards contract up... how many players are we willing to sacrifice for JT?

I was on a flight from Syd to Brisbane two years ago and happened to be sitting right next to JT, absolute champion bloke. Happy to chat the entire time... would love to see him back in the blue and white.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cherrington signed with panthers so cross him off the list

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was told we have signed folau for next year. He met with Lamb and Hasler last week and its a done deal. They won't officially announce it for a little while.

Source: a client who knows someone very close to the club.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Id love jt and i dont think hell win a comp unless he comes to us but ive got a feeling hes staying at cows ,and thank god we didnt get cherrington and i wonder what haslers plans with inu are

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was told we have signed folau for next year. He met with Lamb and Hasler last week and its a done deal. They won't officially announce it for a little while.

Source: a client who knows someone very close to the club.
Honestly don't think we need Folau....I mean if he's a winger than he wouldn't be worth the money we'd be giving him if he's a centre then what happens to either Inu or Morris both of whom were critical to our charge last year? In terms of our backline, we're pretty set for a few years, Morris and Inu are young and international class centres, we have Barba at fullback and our wingers don't need to be brilliant they just need to be capable of supporting our team's tactics and finishing off tries when neccesary.

So far it seems like the only thing missing in our team is our halfback, we have one of the best forward packs in the competition, the best fullback and two of the best centres

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we have signed Izzy I'd say Turner will be gone and Inu will go on the wing. I agree we don't really need him, but I'd still be very happy to have someone like him in our backline. With the cap increase hopefully he can earn decent coin but not cost us a quality halfback. I'd be very surprised if we can sign Thurston and Folau. We would have everyone whinging about us cheating the cap.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
KE would love the news of Folau signing.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well the joy with having Folau and Inu would be that if we have an injury at centre, wing or even fullback, we have 2 very handy back ups as opposed to 1. Both are fairly big athletic types who can read the game well so playing them anywhere in the backline would be an good thing. I would rather a quality centre get forced to the wing than forcing a winger to play at centre.

Not too sure about how this effects us financially at this point if we sign him. I'd approve of the signing though if he isn't asking for too much cash. It would take us closer to having a side that would dominate physically in most clashes which is part of melbournes success. We saw how that went with our forward pack, add physical prowess as well as skill to our backline and we'd convert more opportunities to points. I'm sure we will see some youngsters get opportunity this year too.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i posted last feb when my uncle first said he heard jt wanted to come to the dogs, he said thurston WANTS to win another premiership, and he believed that the dogs with hasler as coach would be the team to be with to do it.

if thurston wants to win a premiership that bad it would not be all about the money, it would be going to the team he thinks he can do this with.while a season of $1million plus is mentioned,it is unlikely this would matter if he went to panthers, no chance of premiership.
the teams with the best chances are bulldogs, storm, rabbits
out of those 3 main chances who would he go to and at what cost, i dont think he will ask for huge dollars, if its a premiership he wants

Last edited by a moderator:

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
It all depends on how bad he wants to work at the cowboys post career it seems. He obviously loves playing there and living there.

But with everyone they are re-signing they will be hundreds of thousands short of what we can offer and we are a much bigger premiership hope.

It seems like a pretty hard choice to me.

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
BARBA LINKING UP WITH LAUREN

THIS is the first look of Dally M Player Ben Barba and the new girl in his life, Lauren Tweddle.

We don't know too much about how or where they met, and that's OK because that's their business, but the images of the two together has stirred interest on social media.

A reader pointed out several images of the happy couple spotted on Instagram.

News of the relationship will come as a shock to many Bulldogs fans, because much of Barba's fabled run of form last year was attributed to his young family.

He had been with partner Ainslie Currie since they were 15, and she moved from Mackay with him. She was by his side on the red carpet when he was a tearaway winner of the Dally M last year.

They have two daughters under the age of three. Barba became a father for the first time when he was just 19.

"My goal more than anything, and it's why I work so hard on my football, is to set them up for life," the 23-year-old told The Daily Telegraph in an interview last year.

We're told Barba and Currie are getting on amicably.

One Bulldog who is looking for love in all the wrong places is five-eighth Josh Reynolds - but that could change after he was yesterday named as a Cleo Bachelor of the Year finalist.

The 23-year-old might be nicknamed "Grub" and not particularly liked by rival players, but he is now a chance of joining Craig Wing (2000) and Matthew Rodwell (1993) as players to claim the title.

It could not come quick enough, if this tweet from Reynolds is anything to go by: "Happy valentines day to all us single people out there."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...using-resentment/story-fnducgor-1226579333671

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
**** I thought this was the rumour thread? Seems Ive landed in the Who Magazine thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Depending on the price folau will be value. You don't want a centre as the highest paid player at the club. But if he can be fit in with 3rd partie sponsorships and fits in the top 5 players pay wise definitely worth it. The guy is an amazing athlete. Very fit, very fast, great leap, great hands. He will score 22 tries per year. Great finisher. We do have an abundance of backs but then again this guy will be a dual code rep. Greenberg has something planned. For some reason I am confident in getting both folau and thurstone even though we are long shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.