Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I still hope like hell we get him.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
You have to remember there is an element within rugby who are saying to not select him for the wallabies unless he commits long term OR indicates he will stay and that is understandable I think. So it would be in Falau's best interest to sound keen and make such comments. Personally if we get him great but I still think a huge halfback signing is more important.

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have to remember there is an element within rugby who are saying to not select him for the wallabies unless he commits long term OR indicates he will stay and that is understandable I think. So it would be in Falau's best interest to sound keen and make such comments. Personally if we get him great but I still think a huge halfback signing is more important.
But TH has done good , I don't think we will need another halfback or winger, with inu and perret on the wings and lafai and Morris in the centres we honestly don't need no one . We just have to retain the team and hopefully build confidence between eachother.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
But TH has done good , I don't think we will need another halfback or winger, with inu and perret on the wings and lafai and Morris in the centres we honestly don't need no one . We just have to retain the team and hopefully build confidence between eachother.
And that's something that has to be decided soon, do we keep TH and not go for a signing and if so what's the next generation plan (Moses Mybe is a 5/8 isn't he?) OR do we go and buy a half off the shelf who has atleast 7 years or so left in him and go that way? Its tough timing cause although I hope TH kills it do we risk it? It apears alot of the good halves just came up for sale and went, were in the wrong rental cycle. Geez its a shame DCE didn't come to the dogs, being mates with Benny would have been a great duo to watch.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He will prob end up at the roosters seeing as though the cap does not apply to them.
We all know mr politis and mr gyngel influence on the game. If izzy is not in a dogs jersey nxt year i hope he stays in yawnion for good.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Hodkinson is worth a 1 year extension at least. He had a horror run the last year with injury. I think if the club kept faith it would reap rewards. He's goal kicking is another string to his bow

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't mean to sound overly critical in regards to Hodkinson but he's had one good game in 2 years against a side that had 7 first graders missing and people are banging on about him likes he's our saviour.

I hope he comes good & wish him all the best, I really do but lets see how he plays against some of the better opposition in the comp..... all I'm saying is some of y'all have very short memories.

KelpiesHuskies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
there is better things to spend our cap on that a winger like Folau. perret and brown are going just fine. prefer to bolster jackson, finicaine and perhaps look for a half rather than folau.

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And that's something that has to be decided soon, do we keep TH and not go for a signing and if so what's the next generation plan (Moses Mybe is a 5/8 isn't he?) OR do we go and buy a half off the shelf who has atleast 7 years or so left in him and go that way? Its tough timing cause although I hope TH kills it do we risk it? It apears alot of the good halves just came up for sale and went, were in the wrong rental cycle. Geez its a shame DCE didn't come to the dogs, being mates with Benny would have been a great duo to watch.
I see where your coming from ,it is a risk if he does get injured were gone .but I say signing him for a year and a back up young half like keary from souffs nsw cup team (north Sydney ) would be the go . He wouldn't ask for much aswell and has a future ahead of him ,very high unlikely he will push Reynolds back to nsw cup. I say his the key or maybe crusher has a half back from the Queensland cup ,u never know. Look at the players he has been getting over here lately u would think that they have there eyes on some player already .

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
there is better things to spend our cap on that a winger like Folau. perret and brown are going just fine. prefer to bolster jackson, finicaine and perhaps look for a half rather than folau.
I agree.
The quoted amount for Folau is 3x the amount I would pay.

No winger is worth that much.

Dw

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Even though TH could be the answer, surely Dessie can get in Sam William's ear if the kid is playing NSW Cup

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Looks like Folau will stay in union, for now anyways

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
He might as well. He could play for his country in union and then come back to nrl and walk into a Maroons and possibly even an Australian jersey.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Everyones forgets that the Wallabies played pretty much a schoolboys side. Is it any wonder they flogged Kings. Lets wait until they play SA or UK and then see how they fair.

Might change Folau's mind then.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. Folau whilst a good player doesnt really solve the main issues that our side has in terms of balance.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Great challenge playing a team that lets in 72 points union is a joke

RO11LR

Pup
Reaction score
I don't mean to sound overly critical in regards to Hodkinson but he's had one good game in 2 years against a side that had 7 first graders missing and people are banging on about him likes he's our saviour.

I hope he comes good & wish him all the best, I really do but lets see how he plays against some of the better opposition in the comp..... all I'm saying is some of y'all have very short memories.
I don't buy into that , all these people saying that the tigers where basically a NSW cup side , they really only had three decent players out in Lawrence, Ashford, Galloway and maybe Matt Bell. Any team without Moltzen and Anasta would be better off, the core of the Tigers team were still there. Credit were credit is due , We played well and would've rolled the tigers with or with these players in.

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't buy into that , all these people saying that the tigers where basically a NSW cup side , they really only had three decent players out in Lawrence, Ashford, Galloway and maybe Matt Bell. Any team without Moltzen and Anasta would be better off, the core of the Tigers team were still there. Credit were credit is due , We played well and would've rolled the tigers with or with these players in.

Mate you mentioned the tigers were missing three Decent players ? the tigers along with the eels are wooden spoon favourites so taking 3 decent players out a already struggling side will definitely hurt them. Unlike us, where we have some depth the tigers bring in young kids. We have the luxury of bringing a guy like Dene Halatau off the bench the tigers just don't.

have seen how we have struggled without Kasiano & Graham. Is it a coincidence that we started playing well when these guys came back into the side?

also like I said earlier I really hope Trent proves me & his other critics wrong I would love nothing more than to see him dominate games and take his game to the next level

btw not having a dig at you or anyone else just stating my opinion :love::beerchug:

Status
Not open for further replies.