Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2013 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
But TH has done good , I don't think we will need another halfback or winger, with inu and perret on the wings and lafai and Morris in the centres we honestly don't need no one . We just have to retain the team and hopefully build confidence between eachother.
From what Des wants and coaches there is no way in hell he will drop Brown for Lafai. He does not like reshuffles and exclusively does like for like. Inu in means Lafai out besides mark my words Corey Thompson will be better than both Lafai and Brown combined Lafai is still unsigned for next year.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't mean to sound overly critical in regards to Hodkinson but he's had one good game in 2 years against a side that had 7 first graders missing and people are banging on about him likes he's our saviour.

I hope he comes good & wish him all the best, I really do but lets see how he plays against some of the better opposition in the comp..... all I'm saying is some of y'all have very short memories.
Mate he played 3 games since round 3 last year... game 1 he was poor, game 2 he got better, game 3 he got even better...I'm unsure as to where are you going with that?

RO11LR

Pup
Reaction score
Mate you mentioned the tigers were missing three Decent players ? the tigers along with the eels are wooden spoon favourites so taking 3 decent players out a already struggling side will definitely hurt them. Unlike us, where we have some depth the tigers bring in young kids. We have the luxury of bringing a guy like Dene Halatau off the bench the tigers just don't.

have seen how we have struggled without Kasiano & Graham. Is it a coincidence that we started playing well when these guys came back into the side?

also like I said earlier I really hope Trent proves me & his other critics wrong I would love nothing more than to see him dominate games and take his game to the next level

btw not having a dig at you or anyone else just stating my opinion :love::beerchug:
All good man , guess i'm sick of hearing the "you only beat a NSW cup team" from a few mates who go for the tigers and a bit in the media aswell , they're just trying to spoil my gloating time (which theres been limited opportunities this year so far)

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Everyone seems to want to play down our effort against the tigers, big fuk they were missing millions of players and we were expected to beat them. Well the way I see it we have been missing players all year aswell and it was our first run with almost our full strength team, appart from conversations on here we haven't been whinging that we are almost a reserve team. Its FG, all teams have the same amount of salary cap and if they don't have the depth than thats there own fault. We have blooded blokes this year and last year, it comes down to how you manage your $$ for players and when you give a bloke a sniff of FG. Boo Hoo tigers we were expected to beat them, we should have beat them and we did beat them. I think its a good sign from us smashing a team we should have smashed instead of losing to a whinging reserve grade team. Ruthless now and ruthless in sept! Well done boys!!!

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what Des wants and coaches there is no way in hell he will drop Brown for Lafai. He does not like reshuffles and exclusively does like for like. Inu in means Lafai out besides mark my words Corey Thompson will be better than both Lafai and Brown combined Lafai is still unsigned for next year.[/QUOTE
Your saying a untested naw cup player is better lol u have no clue. Btw I was saying inu in and brown out , everyone knows inu is better and about re-shuffles , what happened to tapau last week ? ??? That's right u Dnt know shit!!!

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what Des wants and coaches there is no way in hell he will drop Brown for Lafai. He does not like reshuffles and exclusively does like for like. Inu in means Lafai out besides mark my words Corey Thompson will be better than both Lafai and Brown combined Lafai is still unsigned for next year.
Your saying a untested nsw cup player is better lol u have no clue. Btw I was saying inu in and brown out , everyone knows inu is better and about re-shuffles , what happened to tapau last week ? ??? That's right u Dnt know shit!!!
Correction!!

S

Sharpy

I don't mean to sound overly critical in regards to Hodkinson but he's had one good game in 2 years against a side that had 7 first graders missing and people are banging on about him likes he's our saviour.

I hope he comes good & wish him all the best, I really do but lets see how he plays against some of the better opposition in the comp..... all I'm saying is some of y'all have very short memories.
the only reason we played well was the return of big Kasiano and Graham, one of our halves stood out and that was MOM Reynolds. the other players lift when these 2 play, lets hope we can keep them on the field for the rest of the season

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
lol still at it with the HodkoHate eh?

The guy could shoot golden rainbows out his arse and I bet you still wouldn't be impressed.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the only reason we played well was the return of big Kasiano and Graham, one of our halves stood out and that was MOM Reynolds. the other players lift when these 2 play, lets hope we can keep them on the field for the rest of the season

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Looks like Folau will stay in union, for now anyways
Perhaps.
Don't doubt how cunning managers are though. Wallaby selection means match payments worth around $13000 per game. The 9 tests from the lions tour and 4 nations comp means he has a chance to earn another $100k on top of what he is earning at the Waratahs.
There has already been criticism over his possible selection so it makes sense that he says he "would like" to stay in rugby long term to increase his chances of selection.

Still who knows what he's doing. I'm not counting on it. If he comes that's awesome if not that's no biggy either

S

Sharpy

lol still at it with the HodkoHate eh?

The guy could shoot golden rainbows out his arse and I bet you still wouldn't be impressed.
When he actually plays well , provides a try assist like all good halfbacks, or heaven help us he actually scores a try, I will be the first to say well done.
i want him to play well for the team. We havnt got a first grade halfback, we need him to step up and support Reynolds

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
When he actually plays well , provides a try assist like all good halfbacks, or heaven help us he actually scores a try, I will be the first to say well done.
i want him to play well for the team. We havnt got a first grade halfback, we need him to step up and support Reynolds
Chip he has got a try assists... Two i'm pretty sure out of the last two games.

He also has got more repeat sets in his past 2 games then Keating did all last year.

Give it up mate, you have always made a dick out of yourself over Hodkinson.

He is no DCE, JT, Cronk, Reynolds. He sure as shit has played better then Keating and looks like a real halfback last two games.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry sharply going to have to agree... Re watch the tigers game again... Yes I know a lot of player out in tigers but still he played very well..

i was actually thinking if this kid goes well and stays injury free I think he will become a great play maker. His doing his job, defending like an animal and offloads any opportunity his got. He created a few second phase plays against the tigers so I'm liking what I'm seeing. Lets wait and see how he goes in nz but I think his going to play really well...

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Can we just ban Sharpy? God damn.

Jigga

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mate...... Did even watch the game?? He did all the above bar score a try I'm thinking your bieng a little harsh and need to give credit were credit is due

S

Sharpy

Mate...... Did even watch the game?? He did all the above...
Did he ? Gee I must have watched a different game .
can you point out where he did? I must have missed it.

dont tell me it was the kick where it was 10 metres short instead of being on the goal line?

S

Sharpy

Chip he has got a try assists... Two i'm pretty sure out of the last two games.

He also has got more repeat sets in his past 2 games then Keating did all last year.

Give it up mate, you have always made a dick out of yourself over Hodkinson.

He is no DCE, JT, Cronk, Reynolds. He sure as shit has played better then Keating and looks like a real halfback last two games.
Firstly, don't call me a dick, as we have tried to offload him before june30
so obviously des thinks the same.
You have answered your own question, he is no Reynolds, cronk, thurston exactly my point , I'm comparing hodkinson to these players, we need a top shelf half and we don't have one.
both he and kk are not up to it, dick

Status
Not open for further replies.