News Bulldogs may not need to sign a hooker after all

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
JMK played one if his best games but Thommo and Hethrington were completely dominating in the middle and Ava and Napa came on and played strong too. If cheese was playing for us yesterday he would of demolished the dragons. He is several classes above JMK

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think if JMK performs like how he did yesterday, it would be better for us to invest in a quality 14 and persist with JMK at 9. Someone like Reuben Cotter, Tevaga (i know he resigned), Connor Watson, etc.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He played well yesterday but you just can't disregard his last 3 years of mostly mediocre football that he has dished up.

We still need a much better hooker than JMK if we want to go anywhere in this comp.
I think Benji wrote the article
Whoever did obviously hasnt been watching us. He was good yesterday no doubt.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with resigning him just not as Ur first choice hooker.. said he would be a valuable utility for any team 2 years ago and still looking like it.

100% no. He has had his chances and failed so fcuking miserably over last few years. Time to fuck him off and give someone else a chance. I.dont care who. But anyone else.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Lol at the pay fan club. This bloke has been here years. It’s lichaa 2.0.

He has a great game against a woeful dragons?

Awesome so happy he went well yesterday. Hats off he did. Was huge for us.

Though he’s a bloke who won’t make any other squad starting hooker.

He’s without a doubt had years to produce and hasn’t.

Lichaa did the same shit and pay kept him. We know how that ended.

He isn’t our 9 answer and hasnt been for years clearly.

Katoa looked amazing for Tonga or whatever. How good is he for his years here?

jmk could be a handy depth/ bench though more than likely get a decent offer from Uk.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing i noticed he has introduced into his game is his faint to go one way but turns and passes to the other. It puts the defence in two minds. Not to mention he is knowing when to run the ball. It shows he is taking his game to another level. That's all we have been asking for from our players. Now it's about consistency. Let's hope he can maintain it.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing i noticed he has introduced into his game is his faint to go one way but turns and passes to the other. It puts the defence in two minds. Not to mention he is knowing when to run the ball. It shows he is taking his game to another level. That's all we have been asking for from our players. Now it's about consistency. Let's hope he can maintain it.
He actually has a coach now who knows a few things about attack

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
For me, it creates pressure on B Smith to take the carrot dangling in front of him… It seems like he and his manager feel like they are spoiled for choices but if they keep f###ing around, he’ll end up a back up for the rest of his days earning half of what he can potentially earn.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In all honesty he can take a fair portion of the credit for yesterdays win. Forward momentum and the amount of time the halves have all begins with the pass from DH. He did that well yesterday and if he continues to do it well and we re-sign him I have no issues with it. At the end of the day there isn't an abundance of hooking talent on the market and if we've got one that is able to at least be consisitent then we need to keep him. It's up to JMK to keep playing well though. Even if we do sign another hooker I have no issues with keeping JMK in the squad.

a dogs life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Canterbury have been chasing an elite No.9 for quite some time, with the club linked to Brandon Smith quite frequently in the past six months or so.
But if Monday's performance from Jeremy Marshall-King is anything to go by, Trent Barrett may not need to go to market for a dummy half.
In his first game back from a lengthy injury layoff, the 25-year-old was arguably the best player on the field as the Bulldogs upset the Dragons at Stadium Australia.
Marshall-King crossed for a try, made a linebreak, ran for 85 metres and made 37 tackles without a miss in an 80-minute display.
While he may not be on the level of Damien Cook or Harry Grant, the Canterbury rake has shown plenty of potential during his career - he just needs to find some consistency.
With the likes of Matt Burton and Josh Addo-Carr headed to Belmore next year, Marshall-King is only going to improve as a player as the quality of his teammates improves.
Wonder if the club placed this piece in order to try to pressure a decision from Cheese?