Bulldogs line up for next year

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes it would, Lewis' defence is MASSIVELY overrated. Just because he's a good fronton tackler doesn't mean he's a good defender. He would probably defend better in the middle than on an edge but in no way is he close to an elite defender like some of you are trying to make out. Refer to stats below.

Blaming coaching on Lewis is rubbish, his skillset has been shit through the grades and it isn't going to magically sort itself out in the NRL with a head coach that has a 29% (or whatever it is) win rate LOL.

View attachment 17216
I dont know how many times you have shown his supporters that he has a shit ton of try causes, and they still keeping on pretending he's a good defender because this one time in band camp he cut down Sam Burgess lol.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Our 2021 team will probably look like this;
1 staines
2 okenbor
3 Flop (later Schoupp when props start running round him)
4 Cotric
5 DWZ
6 Green/Lewis
7 Townsend
8 RFM
9 JMk
10 Maguire
11 Jackson
12 Elliott
13 Thompson
nashweed, we wont sign townsend or maguire, how fukn stupid are you

silva

Utility
Reaction score
1. Hoppa
2. DWZ
3. Cotric
4. Smith
5. Okunbor
6. Averillo
7. Green
8. Thompson
10. Ogden
11. Elliott
12. RFM
13. Jackson
14. Napa
15. Toomaga

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I dont know how many times you have shown his supporters that he has a shit ton of try causes, and they still keeping on pretending he's a good defender because this one time in band camp he cut down Sam Burgess lol.
Stats aren't everything and these numbers are inflated because of what goes on inside him and how we defend, but even then if you actually watch the game you can see him make poor reads and/or poor decisions on a weekly basis. He goes looking for tackles and ends up being out of position, he fails to hold his line and then leaves his outside defenders isolated, he gets burned for pace, etc.

He's not alone in all this...but to see people continually bang on about other players defensive efforts yet some how continually praise Lewis is just laughable.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
another stupid dumb fucking post, he has been shit year and spent alot of time on the sidelines.
Is he's been on the sidelines then we can get him at a cheaper rate. He's brilliant. As a hard nosed prop.
We made our mark in this world by having big hungry mongrels in the forward pack. Hetherington, Thommo, Maguire, Elliott and RFM can bring this back I think.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Is he's been on the sidelines then we can get him at a cheaper rate. He's brilliant. As a hard nosed prop.
We made our mark in this world by having big hungry mongrels in the forward pack. Hetherington, Thommo, Maguire, Elliott and RFM can bring this back I think.
dumb **** he is not brilliant , he is a thug and has been shithouse this year

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The ideal line up based on players we have already signed/linked to:

1. Charlie Staines
2. Nick Meaney
3. Nick Cotric
4. Will Hopoate
5. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
6. Matt Burton
7. Blake Green
8. Dylan Napa
9. Jeremy Marshall-King
10. Luke Thompson
11. Josh Jackson
12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
13. Adam Elliott

14. Jake Averillo
15. Corey Waddell
16. Renouf To'omaga
17. Jack Hethrington

That's a team with a good blend of youth/experience. Wouldn't expect them to make top 8 in the first year, 10-14th would be a realstic expectation. There hasn't been any solid link to Brandon Smith so right now it looks likely that JMK will be our 9 next year. I think one of Averillo/Burton should play that utility role off the bench, reason I have Averillo is that I envisage him moving into the backline at some stage when injuries inevitably creep up. I guess with Green missing the start of the season we would probably start Lewis at 7. Hethrington would be immense to our forward pack and might even push Napa to perform knowing he has a genuine threat to his starting position breathing down his next, as he would be in the last year of his contract.

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Staines
Okunbor
Hoppa
Cotric
Smith
Burton
Green
Hetherington
B.Smith
Thompson
Jackson
RFM
Elliot

Reserves
Napa
Waddell
Stimpson
Avirilo

Hopefully with those signings we can be a competitive team looking like this

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1. Hoppa
2. DWZ
3. Cotric
4. Smith
5. Okunbor
6. Averillo
7. Green
8. Thompson
10. Ogden
11. Elliott
12. RFM
13. Jackson
14. Napa
15. Toomaga
From what i got today there is a high possibility we can line up like this...

1. Staines
2.DWZ
3.Hoppa
4.Walker
5.Cotric
6.Avo
7.Burton
8.Napa
9.Bsmith
10.Thompson
11.Elliot
12.RFM
13.Jacko

14. Ogden
15. Wadell
16. RT
17. JMK

If that happens we are solid once it gels.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

1. Staines
2.DWZ
3.Hoppa
4.Walker
5.Cotric
6.Avo
7.Burton
8.Napa
9.Bsmith
10.Thompson
11.Elliot
12.RFM
13.Jacko

14. Ogden
15. Wadell
16. RT
17. JMK

I'd rather us play Walker and Cotric at centre and deal with Hoppa as fullback for one year and say to Staines mate you are our longterm fullback... you can roam and switch throughout the game, but just 1 year starting winger till we would get that hammy right...but yeah not a bad lineup at all, still detest DWZ for his efforts this season

Last edited:

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Here is the off 2021 off contract list. Would only keep, Averillo, To'omaga, Ogden and maybe Okunbur. The rest can leave.View attachment 17215
If Barrett and his team are any good they can get definite improvement out of most of those players, and a lot of improvement out of some of them.

As a coaching team they need to back themselves to take the players they have available and start winning games. Enough excuses.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd rather us play Walker and Cotric at centre and deal with Hoppa as fullback for one year and say to Staines mate you are our longterm fullback... you can roam and switch throughout the game, but just 1 year starting winger till we would get that hammy right...but yeah not a bad lineup at all, still detest DWZ for his efforts this season
Dont really care who plays where tbh if we look close to anything like that....

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

1. Staines
2.DWZ
3.Hoppa
4.Walker
5.Cotric
6.Avo
7.Burton
8.Napa
9.Bsmith
10.Thompson
11.Elliot
12.RFM
13.Jacko

14. Ogden
15. Wadell
16. RT
17. JMK

U got info?

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd try and release Hoppa to another club. His too slow. With backline of,

1. Staines
2. Smith
3. Walker
4. Cotric
5. Dwz
6. Burton
7. Avo

There's some serious speed there. Speed kills. With this backline and some good coaching we will run teams ragged. Look at what papenhazen did last night. He killed parra with his speed. Acceleration is key to break a def open. Thats what papenhazen has. I haven't seen anyone accelerate as quick as him in a long time. Brett swerert had it same as barba. I believe Staines has it as will.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'd try and release Hoppa to another club. His too slow. With backline of,

1. Staines
2. Smith
3. Walker
4. Cotric
5. Dwz
6. Burton
7. Avo

There's some serious speed there. Speed kills. With this backline and some good coaching we will run teams ragged. Look at what papenhazen did last night. He killed parra with his speed. Acceleration is key to break a def open. Thats what papenhazen has. I haven't seen anyone accelerate as quick as him in a long time. Brett swerert had it same as barba. I believe Staines has it as will.
Get rid of DWZ / Smith too for JAC and Okunbur I'd be stoked. Still like Hoppa at centre just very disappointed with how he played after returning from injury