Bulldogs Inform Reynolds That He is not Required in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

MR SS

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think its a load of shit...

The Canterbury Bulldogs have reportedly told Josh Reynolds that he is not a required player for the 2018 season.

Reynolds, 28, signed a four year contract extension with the Bulldogs midway through the 2013 season, keeping him at the club to the end of the 2017 season.

It is understood that the Bulldogs want to reignite the halves position in 2018 and don’t see Josh Reynolds as the answer anymore and have informed he is free to negotiate with other clubs
It is understood Reynolds has priced himself at $800,000 per season for the 2018 season, a figure the Bulldogs believe is too high and have decided to move on from him.
The Canterbury Bulldogs local junior made his NRL debut with the Bulldogs in 2011 and has gone to make 121 appearances for the club and has played represented NSW in State of Origin on four occasions.

Reynolds hoped to stay at the Club for 2018 but this looks like it will no longer happen.
“I’d hate to leave the Dogs,” he says.
“It’s where I grew up, I love it there. It’s what I’m about, I feel I fit the culture really well.
“I love everyone there.
“I’d hate to leave, but it’s for them to decide.”
It is understood the St George Illawarra and Parramatta Eels have shown strong interest in Reynolds already for the 2018 season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Calibra

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well we def need to reignite the halves position, how it took 2 round into 2017 to see this is not round 3 of 2016 or before is a worry

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It is the most logical choice to move him on. It is obvious we have issues in the halves and he isn't going to solve them any time soon. Moses is already contracted so Josh is the one that goes.

Either way we need to sign a halfback for next season. Moses can move to 6 where he should of been developed from the very beginning if the club viewed him as a half...or we can move him to hooker where he has performed previously and is highly rated by the QLD camp. Lichaa can go at seasons end and we can recruit or promote another player to play in the 6 alongside the halfback we should of signed years ago. Hopefully Abbey performs well at fb and can finally solve that issue. Ohh and give the boys a new coach ffs.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think this is a bad move for the club, but hey its a business.
If we dont have someone like Reynolds on the paddock the last couple of seasons, we lose more than we did. But thats my opinion.
The real story will be, we are losing him for what incluson. To get rid of him for no return will be disastrous

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
Funny how straight away he I linked to our arch rivals Parra and St George.

Man I couldn't picture him playing against us especially for those two teams.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Not sure this gives the rumour more legs.

No source, and nobody at the club confirming it. What they quoted Reynolds as saying, i saw him say in an interview last year when there was another whisper he might be going.

And im not convinced by words like "it is understood" and "reportedly".

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sure the dickheads at Belmore HQ have re-signed Hasler

Doggies2035

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's only past round 2 still a lot can happen I think josh will stay for a pay cut if he really loves the Club and people and play bench utility role especially how the game is changing with fast fitter players

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hes already been offered a long term deal. They've said if you want to try the market you can but we've tabled an offer that is around his asking price

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Des will move him on and sign knowone.
We keep losing players and signing reserve graders.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What ever is the truth you can expect him to really drop his bundle over the next few weeks he never handles anything this well...

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's only past round 2 still a lot can happen I think josh will stay for a pay cut if he really loves the Club and people and play bench utility role especially how the game is changing with fast fitter players
Des does not like outspoken/loud players who have an influence on the playing group, be it a good or bad influence.

Its the reason he got rid of Ennis and Pritchard and one of the reasons he has turned Graham into a softcock.

I have never heard of an ex-player who played under Des give the bloke a wrap. You hear multiple players wrap there ex-coach's to the likes of Bennett, Gould, Bellamy.

Whenever Des' name comes up, all that is referred to is hes a Manly boy thru n thru and some mad scientist bullshit

Last edited:

Calibra

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Move Reynolds to hooker (need his passion in the 13) and let Lichaa go

Status
Not open for further replies.