Bulldogs History Database

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Check it out Gen Z and beyond.
This is how real men play footy.
Even the referees (except Bill Harrigan) looked like men back then!
The reason why Ian Roberts went so hard at Britt is because someone probably called him a ***?
Don’t know why it upset him when the players called him that?
It’s true.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I recall Bullfrog attended the RWC Final in Joburg in 1995 and spent some time over there scouting players. The fact that the Dogs won a premiership 3 months later possibly helped with those recruitment efforts.
Ahh the super league and open cheque book days. Bullfrog tried hard to recruit the bok scrum half joost van der westhuisen but ended up with marinos and a couple of outside backs instead also a couple of PNG wingers. Poor bugger stricken with mnd.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone know where the Bulldog player number list can be found? I’m with Les Johns today. He’s 81 now. Legend. Wants to know his Bulldog player number.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone know where the Bulldog player number list can be found? I’m with Les Johns today. He’s 81 now. Legend. Wants to know his Bulldog player number.
Les Johns - Bulldogs Player No 284
Bulldogs Hall of Fame Inductee No 2
Kangaroo No 382

Always a Bulldog

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It really should be on the club website. Wish Les Happy birthday and all the best, he was before my time . . . But a Bulldogs legend nevertheless

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Check it out Gen Z and beyond.
This is how real men play footy.
Even the referees (except Bill Harrigan) looked like men back then!
The reason why Ian Roberts went so hard at Britt is because someone probably called him a ***?
Don’t know why it upset him when the players called him that?
It’s true.
“Good solid tackle” - Fatty :tearsofjoy:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Les Johns - Bulldogs Player No 284
Bulldogs Hall of Fame Inductee No 2
Kangaroo No 382
Thanks Turbo. I had the Kangaroo number but not the Bulldog one. Just told him, he was chuffed even though the poor bloke has dementia these days. I’ve given the info to his son, Ben for keepsake. Cheers.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks Turbo. I had the Kangaroo number but not the Bulldog one. Just told him, he was chuffed even though the poor bloke has dementia these days. I’ve given the info to his son, Ben for keepsake. Cheers.
I have a bunch of Les Johns' stories, I used to catch the train to the city with him most mornings. Just a little guy in a suite on the train, always stood up, no one knew who he was, only me, started off just giving him a nod of recognition, graduated to a chat whenever we were on the same train.

Always a Bulldog