Pretty cool
Why is relf and john kite listed in the 05 teams though? Haha

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I had no idea that we had so many South Africans and All Blacks play for the club in the late 90’s.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had no idea that we had so many South Africans and All Blacks play for the club in the late 90’s.
Probably chasing the super league coin before rugby got truly professional. Pretty weird that Andy Marinos who replaced Castle at the ARU played for us too.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Probably chasing the super league coin before rugby got truly professional. Pretty weird that Andy Marinos who replaced Castle at the ARU played for us too.
As I recall Bullfrog attended the RWC Final in Joburg in 1995 and spent some time over there scouting players. The fact that the Dogs won a premiership 3 months later possibly helped with those recruitment efforts.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pretty cool
Why is relf and john kite listed in the 05 teams though? Haha
Relfy actually came back to us for a little while after he finished up in England in 2004.

He had actually retired but returned to Australia and played a couple of NSW cup games for us. Early thirties and still seemingly pretty fit he had to give it away due to a heart problem being diagnosed. Remember talking to him on the sideline at ANZ and he said he should never have left the Dogs. Played footy in Gloucester with my husband before he landed at the Dogs.Remember him crying when a bad pass cost us a spot in the 1999 GF. Think it was Stuart who threw it?

Last edited:

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
just went through the entire list and found other than a few Kiwis Jimmy Dymock was our first real coconut ( Tongan decent ) a few years later and the flood gates opened and loads started to play in the dogs and NRL
great player and pound for pound on of the best

Gawd_Dawg_BB

Banned
Reaction score
What was the little blackfellas name in the 80s to 90s I think he ran between a blokes legs lol