1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

News Bulldogs focus on Wakeham, Foran as prospect of Reynolds return fades

Discussion in 'Bulldogs Discussion' started by Jackson_1994, May 16, 2020.

1. GrogDog

GrogDog bad attitude

Possible but highly unlikely.

2. DinkumDog

DinkumDog Kennel Addict Gilded x2 Gilded

A proctologist’s dream as well...:-)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. flamebouyant

flamebouyant Kennel Addict

He definitely offers great utility value, but if foran and wakeham are our halves moving forward, especially if foran is resigned, then Averilo has to be in the starting side IMO. So fb should be his spot.

4. Spoonman84

Spoonman84 Super Moderator Staff Member

If he is going to start I like him at centre he’s played plenty of that in the lower grades so he’s familiar with it. He learns to defend in the front line and still gets his hands on the ball plenty of times. I just think it’s asking a bit much putting him at fullback at the minute. In saying all that I’m not that fussed as long as he’s in the 17 if Pay picks Holland over him he deserves the sack.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. GA45

GA45 Kennel Enthusiast

What has Foran done when he’s taken the field to suggest he’s anywhere worth a million dollars when fit like some suggest in this thread? The guy hardly controls a game he’s no Smith , Cronk , Tedesco , Slater. Yeah he’s a good player but hardly worth a million dollars from what he’s shown the past 5 seasons on the field throw in his injury history on top and he’s clearly a dud buy. He’s more like Hunt then then Smith. If he’s he doesn’t sign for 300k or less fuck him off

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. NPC83

NPC83 Kennel Regular

Agree mate. If Foran is starting with Wakeham then Averillo has to be 14. That’s why I really don’t like the idea of signing Reynolds.

• Like Like x 1
  7. _G-Dog_

_G-Dog_ Kennel Immortal

Seems like they are struggling to attract a great recruit.. salary cap cant be the excuse anymore..

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. doggieaaron

doggieaaron Super Moderator Staff Member

The obvious issue is the team can never be successful with young halves as his body is so unreliable,he really needs a big season from now on if his body doesn’t last all season wed be lunatics to re sign him unless ridiculously cheap

9. bowleggedwog

bowleggedwog wogdog

Sarcasm that he would play for 400k .

10. flamebouyant

I'm not suggesting he plays fb in round 3. He can play off the bench for the remainder of the year, but then if he is good enough, he is old enough, give him a ft gig. The kid is a wuality half, but with an athletic gift. I think he would be fantastic at fb.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Baby Blues

Baby Blues Kennel Enthusiast

DWZ has hardly shown he’s the answer at fb either. Throwing Averillo in at fb could be a master stroke similar to when Michael Morgan was playing fb for the Cowboys

12. Dogggy

Dogggy Kennel Enthusiast

I’m sure that Des has done his homework and would be instructing DCE to test out Dallin with some nice bombs,
    He needs to show safety and confidence to be playing FB,if not Dean has to take swift action.

13. Baby Blues

Baby Blues Kennel Enthusiast

When has Pay shown swift action while coach of the Bulldogs?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dogggy

Dogggy Kennel Enthusiast

I know what you’re saying he does seem to give players extended time to prove themselves
    That trend could have changed if we take the Lewis exit from the field in round 2 as an example.
    Perhaps his patience is running a bit thin this year fully understanding the urgency for results.

15. Chris Harding

Chris Harding Steam Powered Dog Premium Member

I was agreeing with the sliding scale of payments, as outlined in the post.

16. sgodllubsti

sgodllubsti Kennel Addict

the board are a fraud

17. Bob dog

Bob dog Hectik defence Premium Member

Reynolds looked creative at the Tigers and if they don't need him that bad a return to Belmore would be great even if he rotated at hooker.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. flamebouyant

DWZ has shown he has too many errors in his game at this stage. He has some good moments, but he also doesn't have a great array of ball skills, as others have mentioned. I'd actually rather see Meaney get another crack at fb, and then later on have Averilo transition into the role. It's a no brainer for me.

19. btrainben

btrainben Kennel Immortal

Re-signing Foran would be as big a mistake as signing Reynolds would be. The club need to look to the future and stop living in the past.

You just can't rely on Foran due to his constant injuries. People point out how good he is when he plays (he's had several shockers where he did nothing also) but they underestimate the impact him being in and out of the team has and the disruption it causes.

Re-signing a player who we have the data to prove is incapable of playing more than half the games would be sheer madness. Say you sign him to 400k, well you know you're paying him at least 200k to sit out with injury and miss games each year. How anyone can justify this way of thinking is beyond me.

Would anyone here as a business owner pay someone a full salary when they are only going to work half the time? I think not..

20. TwinTurbo

TwinTurbo Kennel Enthusiast Gilded

We have several employees who are worth $100k a year but they only work 40% of the time (2 days a week) so we only pay them $40k.

Go Dogs