Bulldogs fined $20,000

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis getting up and falling down again was not good to watch. He should have been taken off immediately and no on field assessment required. It was poor from the trainer who put a players welfare at risk.

20k is peanuts when you consider a player can sue a club for a lot more for negligence if aloud to play on after being concussed and if the injury became more serious.

Fine is fair enough imo.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Lewis getting up and falling down again was not good to watch. He should have been taken off immediately and no on field assessment required. It was poor from the trainer who put a players welfare at risk.

20k is peanuts when you consider a player can sue a club for a lot more for negligence if aloud to play on after being concussed and if the injury became more serious.

Fine is fair enough imo.
The lesson well learnt now. One would think it won't happen again and our trainer's will get further training to ensure that.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
fair call for mine, when opposition players have to hold up a bloke to stop him from falling over and he is swaying around like a fucking palm tree in a cyclone he should have come straight off. I don't rate him as a player but his well being should have been the first priority.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's such a stupid comparison and typical victim mentality. I mean did the NRL not allow us to sign Luke Thompson early last year, did they not allow us to sign DWZ half way through last year? I mean how is the Broncos signing 35 year old Karmichael Hunt who's playing QLD cup a double standard especially in the context of us being fined for failing our duty of care
Guess we agree to disagree. I'll be watching to see how many other clubs are fined 20k for category 1 concussion breaches this year.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see if the NRL take similar action against Melbourne. Papuhazen was asleep on the field. Yet Storm kept him on the field. Only for the doctor review to pull him off. This will test the consistency.

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paps just got concussed in the Melb game and stayed on for at least a minute after. Fine better come to them

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So are Melbourne going to get a 20k fine for not taking Pap straight off? That didn't take long to show the inconsistencies..

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are pretty strict with the concussion rules these days and that was fair enough couldn’t believe he stayed on after it he looked like he was on another planet..not only are the coaches incompetent our trainers are aswell lol

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He got knocked the fuck out!!
Should of been more.... No concern for players welfare even though some people might disagree.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Melbourne should be copping a big fine in the next 2 weeks. Papayhuzen and Grant. Pap came off after 2 mins. Grant after 6 mins.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Melbourne should be copping a big fine in the next 2 weeks. Papayhuzen and Grant. Pap came off after 2 mins. Grant after 6 mins.
Thats 2 x $20,000 by my reckoning! :grinning:

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only problem is the NRL kn0w the dogs will be lucky to win one game all year, points taken away men nothing