Bulldogs fined $20,000

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fair enough
Was there another HIa for last weeks game too that was a bit sketchy? I cant recall

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the canberra fullback stayed on for about 5mins after Kikau coat hangered him, he was taken off for a HIA and failed?
Probably thought it'd be pushing things a bit far to hit them with 2 fines in the same week...

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
So long as it is consistent.

Everyone I was watching the game with was wondering why Lewis didn't go straight off...
Yeah, you could definitely ask questions about consistency, but the Lewis case was one of the most cut and dried cases of concussion you could ever see. You could tell he was was wobblier than a hula dancer on a Maccas diet straight away.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The fact thst he hasn't returned to playing wouldnt have helped.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Fair enough.
Yeh tbh 20k is a small fine for a club and i have no idea why the trainer let him stay on when he was obviously concussed. Sure it wasnt long before they took him off, but he should have been straight off. Im sure Lewis didnt want to come off, minutes into his comeback match, but what the players think shouldn't be relevant with HIA. Im sure most of them wont want to come off.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Club fine vs individual player fine though....
Crichton should have been suspended though - they went very light on him. If Tapine had been any other player it would have been an all in brawl that spilled into the crowd & how would that have looked for the game? The NRL were VERY limp wristed on this one.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JUST IN: @NRL_Bulldogs fined $20,000 for failing to remove Lachlan Lewis from the field after sustaining a head knock. @telegraph_sport
Are those NRL f---wits serious? What a bunch of f---ing arseholes. Meanwhile I see that Carmichael Hunt is to about to be cleared to play for the Broncos.You can't make this shit up.

Then some people say that the NRL is not running an agenda against us, despite them going after us at any given opportunity.