Bulldogs fined $20,000

fooch

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Crichton should have been suspended though - they went very light on him. If Tapine had been any other player it would have been an all in brawl that spilled into the crowd & how would that have looked for the game? The NRL were VERY limp wristed on this one.
Cricton just put a bullseye on his head for being a fuckwit

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This one is different because it was clearly a Cat 1 injury. Cat 1 is when a player shows signs of 'motor incoordination' or to put it simply the player stumbles and staggers when getting up, with cat 1 injuries the players don't even come back if they pass the HIA. If you remember origin game 1 last year Cordner for hurt went off, passed his HIA and came back on but afterwards NSW were hit with a formal caution as the NRL said Cordner's injury should have been assessed as a Cat 1. Lewis was a textbook Cat 1 and we left him out there, no HIA assessment for another few plays, really the trainer should be sacked for negligence

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Are those NRL f---wits serious? What a bunch of f---ing arseholes. Meanwhile I see that Carmichael Hunt is to about to be cleared to play for the Broncos.You can't make this shit up.

Then some people say that the NRL is not running an agenda against us, despite them going after us at any given opportunity.
What on earth does Karmichael Hunt have to do with us failing our duty of care in regards to a clearly concussed player?

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We deserve a fine for not acting sooner, but this happens numerous times a season at other clubs also and I don't see them getting fined. Maybe one day there will be a league that's run consistently.
Not with Catergory 1 concussions where a player can't even walk without falling over

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not with Catergory 1 concussions where a player can't even walk without falling over
I've seen plenty of instances where players have looked knock the fuck out surely done for the game, get taken straight off and then magically pass their HIA later to come back on..

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no problem with fining clubs 20K for not acting fast enough to get an obviously concussed player off the field. But its all about covering their ass. As long as any other similarly obvious ones the responsible club is also pinged. The only thing that would have made Lewis's more obvious would be the circling birdies or stars.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I've seen plenty of instances where players have looked knock the fuck out surely done for the game, get taken straight off and then magically pass their HIA later to come back on..
Again I challenge you to find a Cat 1 concussion where a player is stumbling and falling and not been taken off. The rules are pretty clear

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
What’s the go with Lewis anyway? Is he still unavailable for selection?

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Crichton should have been suspended though - they went very light on him. If Tapine had been any other player it would have been an all in brawl that spilled into the crowd & how would that have looked for the game? The NRL were VERY limp wristed on this one.
Alright Karen

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The club should make lewis pay for it btw
His fault for putting his head in the wrong spot and leaving us down a man
Maybe the dogs can fine him 10k and leave 10k suspended that sounds fair

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lewis was a textbook Cat 1 and we left him out there, no HIA assessment for another few plays, really the trainer should be sacked for negligence
That was a real head scratcher. I'm wondering if the trainer was occupied with something when Lewis staggered, because the ruling is pretty clear about that. If he didn't see the actual stagger, maybe Lewis managed to bluff his way through the on field stuff they do (which isn't much). He should have been straight off. You'd think the team would have a system whereby anyone who sees a player come out of a tackle and stagger or misstep gets onto comms and tells the trainer to get him off for a HIA straight away.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Time to get a new trainer. This guy will be walking on egg shells from now on.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fair enough could have gotten real ugly if he had attempted another headbutt of an opponents legs.
We won't do it again now will we.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm not saying we shouldn't be fined. I'm just saying I hope every club is held to the same standard.
They will be for sure, for HIA was brought in a few years ago after Richard Fa'aoso did something similar to Lewis and played on, the optics were terrible for the NRL