News Bulldogs defend players bye-round Holiday after Phil Gould’s Knights spray

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I reckon it was a DT/Fox beat up.

He didn't blast Newcastle but said all teams do it. Sounded pretty reasonable really. He was asked his opinion and he gave valid, common sense, old fashioned reasons and details of what used to used to happen in his day as a coach and what happens now with modern day players and how it's changed. His reasons for having 2 weeks together to solidify teamwork made sense and he said depends on injuries why they might need a nice sunny break. Said Bulldogs have 6 players needled up every week just to get on the field...and thats not the official injured ones...so it may be justified to get away for rest and recuperation but not partying.

I agree with him.

From 17.30 minute mark.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon it was a DT/Fox beat up.

He didn't blast Newcastle but said all teams do it. Sounded pretty reasonable really. He was asked his opinion and he gave valid, common sense, old fashioned reasons and details of what used to used to happen in his day as a coach and what happens now with modern day players and how it's changed. His reasons for having 2 weeks together to solidify teamwork made sense and he said depends on injuries why they might need a nice sunny break. Said Bulldogs have 6 players needled up every week just to get on the field...and thats not the official injured ones...so it may be justified to get away for rest and recuperation but not partying.

I agree with him.

From 17.30 minute mark.

It was a total beat up. He literally said "This is not a shot at Newcastle. Most teams do it".

They conveniently left that part out....

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
From 17.30 minute mark.

Bloody hell, the podcast goes for over an hour, he likes his own voice.

He must get paid per word.

Gus sprays Bali-bound Knights. Say so in the link provided & when you open link.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
*****RANT****TWATTER****

-Check Usage - I'm not Lefty mind...but

References and quotes and views uses "TWATTER"

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
:tearsofjoy: No I don’t use Twatter, so #FAIL
Assume the reference is the DeSantis thing, it was a screenshot sent to me, nothing more. You see, I don’t rant (constantly) about a platform yet then pay the same company nor try to say ‘but it’s only $5/month’ as if that makes said rants OK. #DoubleStandards :-).

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Shit article but Gus can't really complain when he started this whole storm in a teacup.
And I'm sure he won't gaf at all about this puffpiece bullshit.
"newcastle management still recovering from a withering spray" bahafnha

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Good for you. You defend DT/Fox rants.
It went up tho to $15 more's the pity :grinning:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Defend? Where? *** crickets ***

I just don’t constantly complain about the same thing ad-nauseam along with fellow winer @D- voice #yawn

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Who really cares if Bulldog supporters push back against Newscorpse's Daily Telucrap or Fox's beat up.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Some people are way too easily triggered on this forum and can't take a joke. I would use the K word but that's considered an inciteful slur worse than the N word according to some..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
And I'm sure he won't gaf at all about this puffpiece bullshit.
"newcastle management still recovering from a withering spray" bahafnha
Of course it was a DT/Fox beat up. (Hell 9 even published it to boost Gus' 6 Tackle profile further). Lol

Surely it could only be media who took offense at what Gus said...but then again Peter Parr fell for it so there's that :grinning:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
No one cares, it’s just funny that there’s ‘pushback’ for some ‘content’ but then happily pay the same company for ‘other’ content. #DoubleStandards

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Why care about that either...

Ps NOT happily :grinning:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Because the double standard is funny.
Rant. Pay. Rant. Pay.
It’s like when a CT gets called out for their nonsense and suddenly they’re ‘just asking questions’ :tearsofjoy:.