News Bulldogs defend players bye-round Holiday after Phil Gould’s Knights spray

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Sydney the fucking shithole.
Hey man, what’s wrong with Sydney?
Where else can you get a $1m studio apartment at Macquarie Fields only to be surrounded by rude people, traffic, noise and a 5min (ie: 25min) drive to the shops where you can’t find a parking space so you can buy a $6 lettuce? Sydney is awesome :tearsofjoy:.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Sydney is awesome, 10 mins to Cronulla beach, 20 to Belmore, 30 to Accor, Vivid cruise on the Harbour Saturday night, Michael Buble at Qudos next week, Archibald at the Art Gallery, and that’s only the first 2 weeks in June.

Always a Bulldog

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Sydney is awesome, 10 mins to Cronulla beach, 20 to Belmore, 30 to Accor, Vivid cruise on the Harbour Saturday night, Michael Buble at Qudos next week, Archibald at the Art Gallery, and that’s only the first 2 weeks in June.

Always a Bulldog
I already hate Sydney, you don't have to give me more reasons lol

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
Too cold ;)

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I already hate Sydney, you don't have to give me more reasons lol
Image1685409227.054907.jpg

And then there’s the beautiful Gold Coast .. clean air, a third of the traffic & a quarter of the people, hundreds of kilometres of golden beaches, every type of specialty place to eat out at that you could want, locally grown and roasted coffee, fresh locally grown veggies and fruit markets every weekend, peaceful drives and get always into the hinterland & Mt Tamborine, to many old country style pubs to choose from, Ballina, Bangalow, Byron Bay, Kingscliff, Coolangatta, Stradbroke Island, Fishing, Surfing, Jet-ski’s, boating, Mountain bike riding … plenty of local footy, every team plays at CBus Super Stadium … the beautiful modern city of Brisbane right on your doorstep for live bands, shows, arts and everything cities have to offer including train straight to Suncorp Stadium and Caxton Street ..

Image1685409255.781033.jpg

And all for 1/2 the real estate prices ..

Born & bred down that way & never seriously wanted to move up here, years ago the family gave me an ultimatum & practically dragged me out kicking and screaming …

Funny to think now if they tried to get me back there, I’d be kicking and screaming again ..

Why would anyone live in Sydney when they could live up here ?

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
View attachment 72746

And then there’s the beautiful Gold Coast .. clean air, a third of the traffic & a quarter of the people, hundreds of kilometres of golden beaches, every type of specialty place to eat out at that you could want, locally grown and roasted coffee, fresh locally grown veggies and fruit markets every weekend, peaceful drives and get always into the hinterland & Mt Tamborine, to many old country style pubs to choose from, Ballina, Bangalow, Byron Bay, Kingscliff, Coolangatta, Stradbroke Island, Fishing, Surfing, Jet-ski’s, boating, Mountain bike riding … plenty of local footy, every team plays at CBus Super Stadium … the beautiful modern city of Brisbane right on your doorstep for live bands, shows, arts and everything cities have to offer including train straight to Suncorp Stadium and Caxton Street ..

View attachment 72747

Born & bred down that way & never seriously wanted to move up here, years ago the family gave me an ultimate & practically dragged me out kicking and screaming …

Funny to think now if they tried to get me back there, I’d be kicking and screaming again ..

Nice place to visit for a day or 2, sit on the beach and chill, but live there no farkin chance, boring as bat shit, no concerts, no live theatre, the list of don't have's is endless. I have half a dozen things lined up for the next 3 weeks in Sydney and none of them, not single one, I could do on the Coast.

Always a Bulldog

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
View attachment 72746

View attachment 72747

Born & bred down that way & never seriously wanted to move up here, years ago the family gave me an ultimate & practically dragged me out kicking and screaming …

Only thing that wrecks it is that you get Sydney wankers up there for holidays lol

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You’re seriously pulling the ‘true supporter’ nonsense? On someone who’s spent significant amounts of money on the club in membership, tickets, merch, functions and charity over many years? All because I don’t dial up the faux outrage at what some tabloid scribbler (whose job it is is to get a reaction) thinks?

Explain where I’ve been hypocritical? You can’t.
Explain where I defend them? I don’t.

My whole point Is they should be ignored and your and the jumping castle renters outrage is laughable (not to mention rules were broken in responding to my post but I won’t run to the mods and play victim).

Denial of what? Who cares what anyone writes!
No, I’m not some shill - it’s just common sense that 9 times out of 10 they end up with egg on their face. Let it happen, like the tides and the phases of the moon.

Not a ‘true supporter’? You too could be more effective in ‘helping’ the club than thinking you’re making a difference by bleating on a forum. Hint: You’re not.

But, let that rage continue, it’s sooooo effective :tearsofjoy:.
Once again you think you know everything, boasting as if you were the lone crusader that saved the holy grail in this case the Bulldogs, it should never be forgotten without The Canterbury Leagues Club that draws it's financial power from the members the people of Canterbury Bankstown we would not have a team to support that's if it was up to the NRL ( News Ltd & ARL ), the News Ltd who up until now rarely report any positives about us, it's fine to believe what you want to believe it's the beauty of living in a free world, and please let's not start the size measuring of what you and I or any other supporter have shown to our club.
You chose to bring me into your conversation with another TK member so I replied accordingly, and then you think you are doing me a favor not reporting me, you have me trembling.
You know what is most disappointing, while you have your head stuck in the sand you are missing a fair bit on what is really happening.
Friendly suggestion...
You should try the Jumping Castle... Better views and more sun and air and no mold between the ears :tearsofjoy:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I wouldnt worry if they had gone to bali. It worked for knights, they won their match after it

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good for you. You defend DT/Fox rants.
It went up tho to $15 more's the pity :grinning:
Why don't you at least reply to his comments rather than doing sly digs and not using his name?

This is what's so frustrating with you Wendy because if other people were to do that with you you'd be calling for bans.

And, yes, he's not replying to you directly. Why? Because he knows that's what you're trying to do and you'd call for a ban if he replied directly.

Grow up

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sydney vs anywhere else in Aus?

Lived in Sydney for 20+ years. Try to come back to family every year and don't miss it. The costs are stupid. But, if you can get a good place in a decent area it's really nice.

Costs money tho and most won't have that

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sydney vs anywhere else in Aus?

Lived in Sydney for 20+ years. Try to come back to family every year and don't miss it. The costs are stupid. But, if you can get a good place in a decent area it's really nice.

Costs money tho and most won't have that
Opinions vary …

Each to their own I guess ..

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Opinions vary …

Each to their own I guess ..
Exactly.

I used to hate Sydney but there's plenty to love about it. I doubt I'd ever live there again but that doesn't mean it's a bad place at all.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Why don't you at least reply to his comments rather than doing sly digs and not using his name?

This is what's so frustrating with you Wendy because if other people were to do that with you you'd be calling for bans.

And, yes, he's not replying to you directly. Why? Because he knows that's what you're trying to do and you'd call for a ban if he replied directly.

Grow up
Neither party allowed to reply directly.
Rules put in place.
Guess at whose instigation / whinging? :tearsofjoy:

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly.

I used to hate Sydney but there's plenty to love about it. I doubt I'd ever live there again but that doesn't mean it's a bad place at all.
Love getting back there myself for a visit mate … have to say though I enjoy a trip to Melbourne better .. love a good week in Melbourne city ..

The Irish Times Pub, little Collins St, … the best ..

Big Breakfast with Maple Bacon at Queen St Markets .. unbeatable ..
trams everywhere .. Southbank … the best sporting events ..

Wouldn’t live in either of those city’s though ..

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Exactly.

It’s a good lifestyle city if you’re already set-up and have a few bucks. But so are NY, London etc. If you’re young and trying to get ahead Sydney isn’t ideal. It’s a shame because I really used to like Sydney. But that’s the price of globalisation and that ship has sailed.