News Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett laments 2021 but insists Canterbury are on right track

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don’t think that’s fair

if I told you last year next year we play with no
Rfm
Foran

Thompson for half the year
hoppa has his worst year with us
Release remis with nothing in return our only player with speed
Would you think we will go better or worse?
Barrett brought in his own replacements for the guys you mentioned that left. ( Flanagan , Hetherington , Allan etc)
Cotric and Allan are not inferior players to Reimis Smith was for us who hardly set the world on fire when he was playing for us.
Hoppa did his worst season as you say but Barrett kept selecting him week in week out.
For mine , there’s no excuses how poorly we performed this year. Barretts poor coaching and selections were a contributing factor.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the big dumb meathead going to bash the detectives that busted his drug dealing son too?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wakeham didn't get many 3,2,1 points but he went well as a link today.
They all played better and didn't look clueless.
Helped that Sutton was even handed for a change...could have still given us way more 6 agains.
We got pinged for being offside a few times, but the Tigers were offside all game! He also should have let play go on for Hetherington to be awarded another try too.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Said it before he started here 22 will be make or brake for baz and his coaching career,if we don't start fast next year he won't make to april.

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
After the tired old promise of a better next season year after year, I don't expect anything until I've seen our first five rounds in 2022. I expected a big turn around this year.

We are just as likely to get a draw that sees us play Storm, Rabbits, Chooks, Penrith and Manly in the opening rounds.
The NRL seems to stack the seasons against us, like the refs award repeat sets.
I hope we get a draw like that. It will show if we have a competitive team or not. Bring it on hard and fast straight up. No more free rides. If you can't cut it, lose them.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watching 100% footy last night and when the discussion about the tigers went on about the centre of excellence at concord Gould stated he couldn’t understand why they wouldn’t base themselves in the Campbeltown area with the growth going all around towards Penrith and the Liverpool area ‘No one looks after it’
I wonder if Gus is secretly looking at this area as a future ‘nursery’ for the club moving south west with junior areas?

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Watching 100% footy last night and when the discussion about the tigers went on about the centre of excellence at concord Gould stated he couldn’t understand why they wouldn’t base themselves in the Campbeltown area with the growth going all around towards Penrith and the Liverpool area ‘No one looks after it’
I wonder if Gus is secretly looking at this area as a future ‘nursery’ for the club moving south west with junior areas?
Well the discussion for the new stadium at Livo has been ongoing for a while before Gus arrived. Helps expand the junior nursery and he’s right many talented kids in that catchment end up nowhere.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
This is a real world example of the Tigers versus West functional divisions. Their centre of excellence should be at Campbelltown (or thereabouts), by all means play a token 2 home games per year at Leichardt (same as we do now at Belmore) and the rest of their home games at a redeveloped stadium in Campbelltown (or thereabouts). But that won't happen because they still have the stubborn Tigers stalwarts who just won't let go, fail to acknowledge that their only future is in SW Sydney.

All of which is good for us, especially if we move our home games to a new stadium in Liverpool. Good chance that it will be all ours, because the inner west faction won't support moving the Tigers there.

The coach is not the Tigers real problem.

Always a Bulldog

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Just watching the SOO Sunday, 10 June 2001 match on Kayo where Trent Barrett gets MOM as 7 to Fittler's 6.

He was on fire.