News Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett laments 2021 but insists Canterbury are on right track

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hopefully today was a good learning curve for TBaz. He got some things right this week and today.
Wakeham didn't get many 3,2,1 points but he went well as a link today.
They all played better and didn't look clueless.
Helped that Sutton was even handed for a change...could have still given us way more 6 agains.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Heading:

Cliche

Heading:

Cliche

etc etc etc as to be expected.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Both halves were good today. Apart from today I thought our best footy was against parra at bankwest in the first 40 minutes before napa fucked it up.
Halves were avo and wakeham that day also.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hodgson as a 1 year stop gap (obviously if he performs can extend him, same as Dufty and Vaughan) or no thank you. On face value we need someone better/younger.
Yep, i'm not that impressed with him on what i have seen of the faiders..maybe its is becasue he is "burnt out" or ricky'd out.Likely would be helpful for next year but i still hope cheese is at least a season '23 option.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone honestly believe that we will be as bad as we have been this year next season?
No.
But thats not hard to beat. We won 3 and the spoon, cant really go any lower.
Just on better quality players alone shall see us a few more wins next year but it will take more than that for Baz to prove he is worthy of the job.
I dont care what Baz or Gus has to say until then.
Years of talk in the off season with zero improvement, time for action with no excuses 2021.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before anyone hates on Barret have a look at the tigers post game press conference.
Maguire is completely and utterly deluded.
Did you enjoy him saying they had a young squad out there? like playing the wooden spooners with a lot of players out also and kept to 0 isn’t something you can squeeze a positive out of

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No doubt Baz is a smart bloke. He can talk the talk but as we have seen this year he can't coach. There has been no improvement in that team what so ever over the season. Gus will move him on within the 8 weeks of next season and that will see him done as a head coach

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone honestly believe that we will be as bad as we have been this year next season?
After the tired old promise of a better next season year after year, I don't expect anything until I've seen our first five rounds in 2022. I expected a big turn around this year.

We are just as likely to get a draw that sees us play Storm, Rabbits, Chooks, Penrith and Manly in the opening rounds.
The NRL seems to stack the seasons against us, like the refs award repeat sets.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The talk has shifted from aiming to ‘make the finals’ to just aiming ‘to climb the ladder’ next year.
two very different things when the only way from dead last is up.
I 100% agree. And I think it’s the best way. It has so many benefits this way. With Gus driving development gives sustainable results instead up and down results. Like the Storm next man up approach. Barrett has the media in his pocket. And you can see the change game plan yesterday’s defence was good. But body’s in motion on off the ball was good.
And most importantly as a fan gives us optimism for enjoying the future when looking back at the bad times we have just all been through
Hopefully not long until we soaring high again

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Would you play him with Burton next year and stick Averillo on the bench?
I'd personally start with Jake but it all comes down to system and combinations.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No shit Sherlock, we finished last, it’s not like we can drop down the ladder with your astute coaching, you already achieved that with your poor coaching and team selections .
I don’t think that’s fair

if I told you last year next year we play with no
Rfm
Foran

Thompson for half the year
hoppa has his worst year with us
Release remis with nothing in return our only player with speed
Would you think we will go better or worse?