News Bulldogs' chase of Napa and Liddle sparks chain reaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeh no worries.
The board have done all they can to keep Klemmer happy.
There's a lot you don't know about the klemmer situation.
The in roads the board have done to re-build the club from it's grassroots has been phenominal.
They are laying the foudations for a strong a successful club for years to come.

Also, may I add, the potential Napa signing isn't a replacement for klemmer or a knee jerk reaction like some may think.
It's something Pay has requested as a "type" of player that he wants in his pack.(Personally I don't see Napa as a great signing)
If there's a type of way Pay and the coaching staff want the team to play moving forward then we should all respect that and see what his plans are for Napa.
He could be coached to play really well and might surprise us.

There's areas of Klemmers game the club has identified as negatives.
The meters he makes up the middle is second to none without question, but David does lack in many other areas of his game which doesn't justify him being a $1.2m prop.
They have been forever trying to introduce an offload and passing game with him but it just hasn't worked out.
While his post contact meters are great, if you watch him closely he'll carry a few defenders with him, turns his back, makes another couple of meters backwards, falls on his back and his play the balls are very slow. But then the defensive lines would have set. David's lateral movement isn't the best when it comes to his defence and rarely put's a bloke on his back with a good hit.
We manage to make good meters up the field but there isn't any great speed to our game to create attacking chances.

We need our forwards to hit the line at speed, fall on their stomachs and play the ball quickly to create momentum with the occassional offload or passing at the line to really bend the opposing defence and create momentum. This will give guys like old man Foran and Lewis the freedom to create try scoring chances.
Even though I don't share much confidence in Pay coaching ability or recruitment selections I do like reading your posts. Great post dogwhisperer.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh no worries.
The board have done all they can to keep Klemmer happy.
There's a lot you don't know about the klemmer situation.
The in roads the board have done to re-build the club from it's grassroots has been phenominal.
They are laying the foudations for a strong a successful club for years to come.

Also, may I add, the potential Napa signing isn't a replacement for klemmer or a knee jerk reaction like some may think.
It's something Pay has requested as a "type" of player that he wants in his pack.(Personally I don't see Napa as a great signing)
If there's a type of way Pay and the coaching staff want the team to play moving forward then we should all respect that and see what his plans are for Napa.
He could be coached to play really well and might surprise us.

There's areas of Klemmers game the club has identified as negatives.
The meters he makes up the middle is second to none without question, but David does lack in many other areas of his game which doesn't justify him being a $1.2m prop.
They have been forever trying to introduce an offload and passing game with him but it just hasn't worked out.
While his post contact meters are great, if you watch him closely he'll carry a few defenders with him, turns his back, makes another couple of meters backwards, falls on his back and his play the balls are very slow. But then the defensive lines would have set. David's lateral movement isn't the best when it comes to his defence and rarely put's a bloke on his back with a good hit.
We manage to make good meters up the field but there isn't any great speed to our game to create attacking chances.

We need our forwards to hit the line at speed, fall on their stomachs and play the ball quickly to create momentum with the occassional offload or passing at the line to really bend the opposing defence and create momentum. This will give guys like old man Foran and Lewis the freedom to create try scoring chances.
Klemm must be a terrible player
Only good enough to be the nsw and kangaroo incumbent prop.
But not good enough for the dwindling dogs.
Did the board ever think about team harmony before they ripped the place apart.
How many players families did they affect not to mention the poor supporter.
I am hearing a lot of spin by the bulldogs spin doctors but not much to show for it other than negative publicity on the back and front pages.
If we shouldnt listen to the media or the papers and they are all so wrong but us and the inner sanctum at the dogs are all so right then maybe the board should stand UP for the club ,the brand,and its long suffering supporters

Last edited:

fireclust

Waterboy
Reaction score
Reminds me of Manly’s destruction earlier this decade. Letting Glenn go, sparked a chain reaction. Foran, Watmough and some of the other senior players peace’d out as well.
We let blokes like Ennis walk away who commandeered the troops around, it affected everyone else like Graham, Reynolds Mbye and now Klemmer.
There really isn’t anything you can do in terms of keeping everyone happy, once ya mates start getting the flick you’re going to want out to. Not sympathizing with Klemmer since he signed his own contract but best to let him go and promote from within. If we do end up with Napa, I don’t think it would be the worst signing because he is capable of changing a game on his own if he can step up in a leadership type role. But the better option would still be to suck it up and focus on the rebuild, buy better players when they become available. How good was Inu when we got him halfway through 2012? at a bargain price. We need to steady the ship and wait for our opportunities rather than trying to create something that would only be a band aid solution.

fireclust

Waterboy
Reaction score
In a different scenario if we were looking to replace Napa with Woods, there would be a completely different outlook from the Kennel. Woods was a powder puff who we all hoped would motivate Klemmer to go next level. That didn’t was never going to happen because he’s not that type of player. Napa is. Imagine a front row with Napa and Klem, those two would actually pump each other up to rip in and smash the opposition. If we do sign Napa, again, he would be far from the worst signing this club has made, but it’s still a smarter decision to let things unfold and focus on rebuilding. We aren’t going to be anywhere near the top for atleast a couple of seasons, Klemmers money allows us to speed up that process and we could be in a position to make some key signings the following year.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
To understand Klemmer you need to understand his wife would be giving it to him with both barrels.

Firstly over the lost TPAs, and now over wanting to move closer to her sister and with more money.

If you've ever seen a bloke pussy whipped, it's why he reacts like he does to these situations.

Total manchild.

He's being told to do this and that by a nagging wife, and he's doing his best to ensure it happens.

Bloke needs to grow up, grow a set and stand up for himself, else eventually he'll crack and it'll end in a divorce.

Napa was quoted this morning saying he is keen to honour his roosters contract. This to me means once again we will pay overs to get someone. And once again it’s someone we don’t need
Napa is in the US at the moment, there's no way he'd respond to journos at the moment.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To understand Klemmer you need to understand his wife would be giving it to him with both barrels.

Firstly over the lost TPAs, and now over wanting to move closer to her sister and with more money.

If you've ever seen a bloke pussy whipped, it's why he reacts like he does to these situations.

Total manchild.

He's being told to do this and that by a nagging wife, and he's doing his best to ensure it happens.

Bloke needs to grow up, grow a set and stand up for himself, else eventually he'll crack and it'll end in a divorce.

Napa is in the US at the moment, there's no way he'd respond to journos at the moment.
Maybe kieran and his entourage need to take klemm out on a night or 3 to turn the boy into a man.....

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think the posters on here need to remind themselves that the people in charge are total professionals. They
did not get their experience by watching Friday Night Footy, like most of the people in the Forum. They have succeeded in the game and in business.
What they are doing is to set the club up for the long haul. It wont happen overnight but it will happen. The clubs in good hands.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the posters on here need to remind themselves that the people in charge are total professionals. They
did not get their experience by watching Friday Night Footy, like most of the people in the Forum. They have succeeded in the game and in business.
What they are doing is to set the club up for the long haul. It wont happen overnight but it will happen. The clubs in good hands.
Time will tell.
I know some of the posters who run very successful businesses some in the multi millions....

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Klemm must be a terrible player
Only good enough to be the nsw and kangaroo incumbent prop.
But not good enough for the dwindling dogs.
Did the board ever think about team harmony before they ripped the place apart.
How many players families did they affect not to mention the poor supporter.
I am hearing a lot of spin by the bulldogs spin doctors but not much to show for it other than negative publicity on the back and front pages.
If we shouldnt listen to the media or the papers and they are all so wrong but us and the inner sanctum at the dogs are all so right then maybe the board should stand UP for the club ,the brand,and its long suffering supporters
You're right, this board isn't good enough.
The old board destroyed the club in 5 years, so this board should be able to fix the club in 5 mins, right?
This board isn't good enough, they have failed to fix the bulldogs problem and they were given a whole 9 months to do so. Shame on them. Not quick enough.
I think we should just get rid of the whole lot of them before their 2 year tenure is up.
We'll vote for a new board, and if they fail in 6 months, we'll get another new board, we'll just keep voting in new boards so that we're just going around in circles every year with development strategies changing every year.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well, some people can see this and some unfortunately can't.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont mind the idea of napa. The way dean likes to coach he could make it work. But im starting to lean towards would rather d..cook and a centre and see how our young props turn out. Maybe we can add another top prop and spine player the following year.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're right, this board isn't good enough.
The old board destroyed the club in 5 years, so this board should be able to fix the club in 5 mins, right?
This board isn't good enough, they have failed to fix the bulldogs problem and they were given a whole 9 months to do so. Shame on them. Not quick enough.
I think we should just get rid of the whole lot of them before their 2 year tenure is up.
We'll vote for a new board, and if they fail in 6 months, we'll get another new board, we'll just keep voting in new boards so that we're just going around in circles every year with development strategies changing every year.
How about they stand up for club,the players,the brand and its stakeholders the supporters!!
How about they tell us what the dogs stand for ?
They promised the world and so far have delivered us an atlas.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about the owners of the melbourne storm?? Did they succeed in the game or just succeed in business before they bought the club?
How the fuck would i know. Dont get ya question ? They cant be that fucking smart they set up in the middle of afl country

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why is the club letting Pay dictate who we sign when he might not be our coach beyond next season?

Do you think Gus asked Anthony Griffin who he did and didn't want to sign when he knew Griffin wouldn't be his long term coach?

Dib let Hasler have complete control and look how that worked out.

After she took over, didn't Lynne Anderson point out how much of an issue that was and how all signings would be made after consulting everyone, not solely by the coach?

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Okay so here is a novel idea:

Tell the Warriors we will take one (or a combination) of:
Solomone Kata
Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
Sam Lisone
Hayze Perham

and that will clear the way for them to sign Kasiano.

I'd seriously ask them for Lisone and Perham, or Perham and Nicoll-Klokstad..

Perham is an absolute gun, and fast as hell.
CNK decent and can cover the entire backline.
I’d be very happy to end up with Perham, Napa and Levi/Liddle for Klemmer which is actually quite realistic if you ask me. Whilst I’m not high on Liddle or Levi at all but I wouldn’t oppose either replacing Lichaa.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bullfrog was once quoted as saying "when you think you have enough good props, sign another one". I think he is correct.
With all due respect... that is the mentality that des had, and that didn’t go down too well.

Bullfrog is a respected figure but you gotta understand he comes from a different era.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
With all due respect... that is the mentality that des had, and that didn’t go down too well.

Bullfrog is a respected figure but you gotta understand he comes from a different era.
Spot on ... Back then you could take a blokes head clean off and escape punishment.

I’d be very happy to end up with Perham, Napa and Levi/Liddle for Klemmer which is actually quite realistic if you ask me. Whilst I’m not high on Liddle or Levi at all but I wouldn’t oppose either replacing Lichaa.
I'd go Perham, maybe Napa, and then focus on the Brailey brothers.

Maybe kieran and his entourage need to take klemm out on a night or 3 to turn the boy into a man.....
Klemmer just needs to get out of his diapers. Blokes been babied. Remember he's lived with his wife since he's been 16 and they met. He lived with her parents in their house.

Status
Not open for further replies.