News Bulldogs cap bites

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yh and they said we’re gonna keep our youngstars at the club but then lose every single one this kid add to the list of youngsters lost including team iverson fuitamuau and his bro Compton and all the rest

Haza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
All that salary cap shit is bullshit. I dont believe it for a second.

Cyrus is gonna be a weapon. Dragons are lucky to have him. He comes from a good family too.
He also comes from an injury prone family

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To be honest we have maybe half a dozen players on player unfriendly contracts. Hate to say it but cotric might be another that is looked at like he makes how much.... unless thompson can get close to 25 games his pay packet is another big one (when you consider Jackson, Elliot and TPJ) are also on decent coin.

like I said previously. If Gould was overseeing our 2022 roster I can’t see us picking up cotric (definitely not on 600k) Waddell, Elliot re-signing, Jackson extension etc. those 5-6 contracts have limited our ability to pick up the likes of a quality half and hooker. While all our second towers are more or less the same meh level.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He had a few lean years but he is a skilful forward who can also play a link role. Currently do not have any forwards in this mould. Definitely worth the risk as he will add more variety.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
me neither, in truth... but if we have wrecked our cap once more...

Well our cap is almost certain to be full, we've signed Dufty, JAC, Naden, Burton, Vaughan and TPJ. Gus said we have 1 spot remaining for a minimum wage player (if you go through our top 30 roster and have an estimated guess on what players are on it's also full) . This will only change if we move players on. I personally don't think we've done enough to be anywhere near top 8 (criminal we don't have a hooker) but the proof will be in the pudding next year.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
‘Disastrous salary cap mess’ he reckons

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Sacking Elliott would be a dud move unless we have a better player to use the money on
Front load other contracts so we have more money to spend on a hooker, fullback and/or prop the year after (23). RFM, Doorey and/or Topine can fill Elliott's void. We have too many second rowers as is (at least 2 more duds in there).

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yh and they said we’re gonna keep our youngstars at the club but then lose every single one this kid add to the list of youngsters lost including team iverson fuitamuau and his bro Compton and all the rest
A lot of the time the youngsters do it themselves, example, if your a young 5/8 at the club your under Burton which means you have F**all chance, same with if your a junior half a Penrith. Got to do what's best for yourself, no loyalty either way these days.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What's changed from when we started speaking to Asiata to now. I don't think we've signed or re-signed anyone in between, surely Gus should have known the situation before starting discussions. Has he upgraded Burton like he was talking about.

I don't care about Asiata, it's more about what has changed in the last few weeks.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
What's changed from when we started speaking to Asiata to now. I don't think we've signed or re-signed anyone in between, surely Gus should have known the situation before starting discussions. Has he upgraded Burton like he was talking about.

I don't care about Asiata, it's more about what has changed in the last few weeks.
maybe Asiata wants more than minimum wage?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

good point - also the comment about having a full squad of 30 - who is 30th

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If Lewis is on a reported 450k then Elliott must be on min 500k

In both instances this highlights amateur hour from the previous admin and board
Baz had a say in the extension of Elliott and how much.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe the plan is to ditch Elliot after Asiata walks… that will open the door for Payne haas… just a thought!