News Bulldogs cap bites

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
we were going to buy up big when we shifted Foran's $1.2M, then we sacked CHW then took him back and released him to Canberra, we let DWZ go who was meant to be on a fortune, we also released Smith to the storm..... we kept hearing about the big $8.5M warchest and how we were going to be free of salary cap issues

we should run out to the benny hill theme each week

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we were going to buy up big when we shifted Foran's $1.2M, then we sacked CHW then took him back and released him to Canberra, we let DWZ go who was meant to be on a fortune, we also released Smith to the storm..... we kept hearing about the big $8.5M warchest and how we were going to be free of salary cap issues

Gold!

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Just because we let players go it doesn't mean we arent paying for some of their wages.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Front load other contracts so we have more money to spend on a hooker, fullback and/or prop the year after (23). RFM, Doorey and/or Topine can fill Elliott's void. We have too many second rowers as is (at least 2 more duds in there).
Front loading is the only way for clubs low on the table to taken the problem with the 95% spend cap rule. We've been near the bottom of the table for long enough now that most of our guys are going to look overpaid, and probably are. If we didn't have to spend 95% of our cap that wouldn't happen. What is someone like Stimson or Waddell, or Okunbor, or Lewis going to do if we say "$150k, 1 year, take it or leave it"? Go take up a better offer? They can't get a better offer.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Front loading is what we’ve been constantly told was what the club was doing with the cash saved this year….. what fucken contracts did they front load? Trent’s? khoury’s

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Would you sack Elliot for Asiata? Is that even an upgrade?

John has fallen away a little bit lately. Only getting modest game time if at all, for a modest/below modest return.

I think we got a great steal with Vaughan who is an enforcer/pack leader. Bringing in Asiata (who is a bench forward) is an ok signing for a small contract. But anything near mid level and you are better off developing a younger player.

Ava, Thompson (assuming he isn’t being shopped around), Vaughan, hetherington, TPJ. That is a decent middle forward pack. We do lack some depth in regards to injury or suspension. Funnily enough a Ryan James type would do well as a clubman. I doubt he will bitch and moan if he gets a smaller role in the 17.
Yes
Pls get rid of elliot

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes.

Lets believe what is printed in the media.

Because we should be so honest to tell all our opposition exactly what position we are in.

We are just so nice in that way.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Them 2 are also going gus confirmed 29 players in the top 30 on twitter last week and them two are not in it
I asked John Khoury about Ogden this is what he got back to me this morning and said

Hi Jackson we are still working through a few tweaks. Decision on Ofahiki Ogden is still in progress.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I asked John Khoury about Ogden this is what he got back to me this morning and said

Hi Jackson we are still working through a few tweaks. Decision on Ofahiki Ogden is still in progress.
ok thats good. i am just going on with what gus said on twitter and those two weren't in it. i don't know if ogden will take 30th spot but chrichton will go back to penrith most likely