News Bulldogs cap bites

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gus said no about us signing Cade Cust
i said thats if he sign but he has confirmed 29 but im unsure about sacking elliot where are we gonna spend that 700k + the min wage on 2 players. We dont wanna pay overs

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Guaranteed gus next job to analyse who’s getting told to look elsewhere

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Does anybody else think okunbor could make a good second rower ? Less risk in his defence and a good runner of the ball....
he did play there in reserve grade in 2018 i remember him in jumper 11 just dont want him to turn into Tony Williams remember when he moved from wing to backrow then eventually to bench and faded out from history

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't buy this salary cap nonsense, unless we have some absolutely absurdly overpriced players on the roster already. Guys like Jackson, Elliott, etc etc. Look at the Roosters, or Souths, or Storm or even Panthers lineups, and argue how we are on the cap and they aren't over it.

If Cyrus has the Stanley genetics, being a big unit won't work in his favour.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't buy this salary cap nonsense, unless we have some absolutely absurdly overpriced players on the roster already. Guys like Jackson, Elliott, etc etc. Look at the Roosters, or Souths, or Storm or even Panthers lineups, and argue how we are on the cap and they aren't over it.

If Cyrus has the Stanley genetics, being a big unit won't work in his favour.
The top teams sign players for what they're worth and slightly less in some instances. We have 29 confirmed players in our top 30 and 1 minimum wage spot left. Our roster for next year is at least 95% of the salary cap which is 10m next year (-% decrease across the board due to COVID).

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The media knows sh!t… Gus will keep everyone guessing.

@ASSASSIN said it best quoting Sun Tzu “Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak”

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All that salary cap shit is bullshit. I dont believe it for a second.

Cyrus is gonna be a weapon. Dragons are lucky to have him. He comes from a good family too.
Didnt they say that about his uncles?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Guaranteed gus next job to analyse who’s getting told to look elsewhere
Flanno
Wakeham
Allen
RFM
Cotric if he doesnt perform.

Damn there is some unnecessary money spent there. Could buy 2 very good players and min wages to fill the void.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How is sacking an overpaid shit **** that continually fucks up on and off the field a dud move?
Exactly. Asiata even would be an upgrade and seems we'll be signing him if Adam Idiot is gone.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I wouldn't call missing out on a utility forward whose form has fallen off massively for the 15th placed side a huge loss due to 'salary cap constraints'. The same could be said about Melbourne, the Roosters, Souths not wanting to sign him either - just because it's the Dog's it's painted with the "poor cap management" brush.

Players Asiata would be competing with: Matt Doorey (unfortunately will miss ~4-6 months of next season), Adam Elliott (unfortunately still contracted for 22 and 23), RFM (can never get healthy, but is a good strike edge/ middle forward), Josh Jackson (our captain), TPJ, Stimson, Topine and Waddell. Who's he better than on this list? Stimson barely?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Elliot has been a liability for a while now (and I'm not talking about the Mad Monday incident), and I don't want him at the club next year, and I couldn't care about whether or not we sign John Asiata, however having said that, the club is not stupid when it comes to managing the cap like Hasler was, and if we've agreed to terms with Asiata, then he's coming here.

Question: It's a little odd that this is even news... if Elliot isn't on our books for next year, why would he be taking up cap space for Asiata? Slow news days??

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just conjecture but if the dogs were after Asiata but have now dropped off siting salary cap constraints, the cap wasthe same two weeks ago when thye were going to sign him - only difference now is that with Elliot possibly gone there is possibly more money for a better signing! Wishful think based on conjecture based on paper talk!

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
CONFIRMED DEPARTING PLAYERS

The Bulldogs can also confirm that the following off-contract players will be leaving the club at the end of this season:

Dylan Napa, Will Hopoate, Lachlan Lewis, Nick Meaney, Renouf Atoni, Sione Katoa, Dean Britt, Chris Smith, James Roumanos, Brad Deitz, Watson Heleta and Kiko Manu.

What about Ogden? Critchon? Ain’t they going also. You can also add Elliot to that list no chance he is staying
Them 2 are also going gus confirmed 29 players in the top 30 on twitter last week and them two are not in it

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Them 2 are also going gus confirmed 29 players in the top 30 on twitter last week and them two are not in it
Might be keeping them in a holding pattern as back up while he tries to sign someone else?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Just conjecture but if the dogs were after Asiata but have now dropped off siting salary cap constraints, the cap wasthe same two weeks ago when thye were going to sign him - only difference now is that with Elliot possibly gone there is possibly more money for a better signing! Wishful think based on conjecture based on paper talk!
Or he didnt get a very good medical clearance?