Bulldogs after Josh Hoffman #NoSurprise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I prefer to wait for an official announcement.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Expect the Knights Dane Gagai to follow him in 2015. That was the word around town a few months back.
That makes me worried that J Moz might be gone.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think we're getting down to the final 3 finalists for fullback; Hoffman, Locke, Ferguson
I think it's going to be Kevin Locke for FB at he bulldogs because he knows how much he is wanted and he likes the guys there.

I think Josh Hoffman will stay at the Broncos because he has a lot of unfinished business to attend to .
Ferguson is a big outsider due to his lack of credibility.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
However we will need to wait till after the bl@@dy world cup for the official announcement as mentioned in the article.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This World Cup seems like it's gone on forever! So in about 3 weeks time we 'should' know by then. Well..that's if we sign anyone. Thank god for NFL,NBA and now the Ashes.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its turned into a bloody poker game.. Bluff after Bluff! Raelene is playing a good game I must admit whilst Brisbane and the Warriors still think they could squeeze some money out of the dogs.

We will end up with one... All I know is Hoffman is spewing he didn't sign with the cowboys and Locke is spewing the warriors bought Tomkins.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Chase have a run at the back to be honest or even Templeman.
I can't believe Raelene is contradicting what pssstt said & instead confirming what I said I was told by her office months ago and was laughed at! What a biatch!
It's obvious we will get Hoffman but the hypocritical broncos are playing hardball to get back at us for us claiming compensation for Barba
The bulldohgs have their contingencies in place therefore they'll play the game for as long as they can in order to save some money.... Its risky but hey it defeats the purpose of getting the compo off Brisbane in the first place.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Like I said before many oh many times.. If we get Locke or Hoffman we win the Comp... U HEARD IT HERE FIRST!! How do u save what u said?? =P

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Like I said before many oh many times.. If we get Locke or Hoffman we win the Comp... U HEARD IT HERE FIRST!! How do u save what u said?? =P
On a tape recorder? Hehe

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Wish I was as confident as you, I don't see how either of them is going to be the magical difference for us.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was also this confident last year but did not expect the whole Barba situation... You cant say we didn't go close with the rubbish season we had and we most likely would have won if it wasn't for his crap.

U dont think they'll make a difference?? Its not about the player its how good they can be in that position. They are natural fullbacks! One thing we didn't have last yr! With a good fullback our forwards will roll vice versa.... We have the best team on paper guaranteed and nows its left to attitude which is something we definitely gained from the 2013 season.

The cancer has gone, our better than any other team is wearing to go and I don't think anything will stand in our way unless we have the most unlucky year with some badass injuries God forbid.. =)

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
They will make a difference, but I don't think Ben Barba was the only reason we played so average this year. Lots of players had a very subpar year.

I realise he would have had a mental impact on the players but seriously if people played like shit because of how the Ben Barba situation made them "feel" then they need to harden the f*** up because this won't be the last time a player will cause turmoil and we can't use that an excuse.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How does me helping you save what you said relate to me increasing your reputation? lol
Lol.. Is that what that is. I don't know I assumed that reputation thingy meant certain comments are saved to help interpret ur reputation.... I think im thinkin to far ahead...

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They will make a difference, but I don't think Ben Barba was the only reason we played so average this year. Lots of players had a very subpar year.

I realise he would have had a mental impact on the players but seriously if people played like shit because of how the Ben Barba situation made them "feel" then they need to harden the f*** up because this won't be the last time a player will cause turmoil and we can't use that an excuse.
I get what u mean and It killed me this yr too but don't forget we don't exactly know what happened. There were some dirty ass rumours floating around along with undecided futures and u know what they say... Where there is smoke there is a fire.

With barba gone the fire is out... We will regrow over the off season and come back better than ever.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol.. Is that what that is. I don't know I assumed that reputation thingy meant certain comments are saved to help interpret ur reputation.... I think im thinkin to far ahead...
Ohhh sorry not too forum savvy but I've given you a thumbs up :grinning:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't like to be the wet blanket ,but assuming we get one of the 3 we still have a long way to go as far as competing against the likes of the SBW and the rorters, storm, manly
Then there's the new guns in the warriors (sam tomkins) and that guy from Fiji who only started playing This year plucked from the obscurity of some Fijian hotel; Etonia Nabuli . He's playing in the panthers and scored 30 tries last year on his debut to the code.
I feel it's going to be a different kettle of fish from how we play, these guys are fast and we are pretty slow in comparison. our game is still the same as it was in 2012 minus the obstruction Thingy so I'm hoping DES has a new plan cause we are going to need it to compete.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
He's our man, throw the bank at him and make him better than Barba.

Status
Not open for further replies.