News Bulldogs’ brutal season start; Cowboys (R1), Broncos (R2), Manly (R3), Storm (R4), Panthers (R5), Rabbitohs (R6)

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not overly fussed. I don't view any team at present as unbeatable.

Not like the great Broncos and Canberra teams of the past.

Melbourne are still the best team in the comp for mine.

Look at the positive, some of those sides we play may not be firing on all cylinders early days.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We can't worry about the draw no matter how tough it is. If we want to be a top 8 team, then we have to beat some of these teams eventually. It will be a good challenge. Hopefully we can cause an upset or two.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s gonna be tough for Barrett to keep his job after 6 weeks the media will have a field day if we don’t show something I’m hoping for 3 wins but could be a big ask

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yous say that it doesn’t matter when we play these teams, but if we go on a bad losing run to start the season our confidence will be in the mud like last year
Nah I don't agree. Nobody is expecting us to start the season well. If we can get 3 wins, even two, that will give us confidence to improve from there. 2 wins, that is the same amount we had until the last round of this season. If we can get 2 in the first 6 rounds, with a completely different team that is going to need time to get combinations sorted, it will be a great platform to work from. Then if we can be 3 from 6, we could be in the 8 after our 'horrific' first 6 rounds and that would be a massive confidence boost

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thompson training on his own?
Is that real?

Ridiculous.

Sloth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Slow news day…can they start writing about other teams

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Meh when you’re the spooners any start was going to be brutal. You have to play them all at some point so it doesn’t really bother me.
Yet what it will do and you know this as well as anyone is breed negativity(aint even going to bother to read the 3 or so pages so far i stopped at your post), no time like 120 days before we even kick a fucking ball to start bemoaning "ohh why us" :laughing:
Did note Tiges seem a bit better off early doors but it is what it is... fire the f-up is what they need to do every single man and his dog within the club going all in.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Not as tough as it could possibly be, and tbh when you finish last, EVERY draw is brutal next season

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is what it is, Penrith melb manly souths top 4 teams in the first 6 weeks, but if we have to play more than 2 of those teams twice as we shouldn’t finishing last,then we can say we are being fucked over again.

We would have to gel quickly to be at least 3-3 after 6, play really well we could be maybe 4-2

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
This is honestly Baz's career is we go 0-6 or 1-6 imo

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
2009 season repeat would be great in 2022.
2008, Wooden spoon.
2009 season - Kimmorley, J Moz, Ennis, Hannant, Stagg and Eastwood in. Finished 2nd, made the semi final.
2021, wooden spoon.
2022 season - Burton, TPJ, JAC, Dufty, Naden, Burns, Asiata in...
5 and 1 after 6 games including wins over Manly, Penrith and SouFFs

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Doubt it. If we played bottom 6 teams to start the season and we were 0-6 then maybe, but highly doubt he will be sacked after 6 games
I can't see us recovering from a bad start, it's the last thing we need after the past few seasons.