News Bulldogs’ brutal season start; Cowboys (R1), Broncos (R2), Manly (R3), Storm (R4), Panthers (R5), Rabbitohs (R6)

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
5 games on free to air as arguably sydneys most powerful club is a sellout by NRL they dont care about football or the fans
we dont have the biggest members list, Souths are Parra are well above us, St George also have supporters all around the country. we have been given a good draw, this year we had heaps of saturday games which is the worst time slot.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not the 6pm ones.
no true but getting to game on a sunday as a spectator is better than saturdays. Junior footy kills saturdays

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Meh when you’re the spooners any start was going to be brutal. You have to play them all at some point so it doesn’t really bother me.
Yep I’d rather play the gun sides while there is a bit of rust on them rather than when they are at full throttle.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate. We all need to be realistic. It's going to take time, some time for our team to properly gel. So so many new players. It'll take time.

In all honesty, I think we could lose those first two games but our season won't be decided by them. It'll be decided by the reaction and the ability to step up.

2-3 wins in those first 6 maximum
You could be right no doubt it should take a bit of time but in 09 we bought 6 or so new faces and we clicked instantly and finished equal 1st. I'm holding onto that hope lol

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You could be right no doubt it should take a bit of time but in 09 we bought 6 or so new faces and we clicked instantly and finished equal 1st. I'm holding onto that hope lol
Good for you mate. Nothing wrong with being optimistic.

I just hope that people on here are realistic about things, and if it doesn't pan out the way we want the best thing to do is continue our support.

It's going to take time.

For me, it's #1 about being competitive and showing what it means to be a Bulldog. The rest will come.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
This is honestly Baz's career is we go 0-6 or 1-6 imo
And it could also be Baz's career if we go 6-0 or 6-1 imo.

Time will tell which way it goes. With the improved roster and buildup to next year, flopping to 0 or 1 wins in the opening 6 rounds seems unlikely. I think 3-3 might be worst case. I also think the season overall shouldn't be worse than a 50/50 win loss record.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
And it could also be Baz's career if we go 6-0 or 6-1 imo.

Time will tell which way it goes. With the improved roster and buildup to next year, flopping to 0 or 1 wins in the opening 6 rounds seems unlikely. I think 3-3 might be worst case. I also think the season overall shouldn't be worse than a 50/50 win loss record.
if baz can attract players, which he is then he is safe for a few seasons

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good for you mate. Nothing wrong with being optimistic.

I just hope that people on here are realistic about things, and if it doesn't pan out the way we want the best thing to do is continue our support.

It's going to take time.

For me, it's #1 about being competitive and showing what it means to be a Bulldog. The rest will come.
Yeah to be fair I will be happy if we are competitive in every game, over the last few year's there has been zero confidence that we could win any game, that's the part I hope will change

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s as brutal a draw as I’ve seen. Every chance the Bulldogs will start the season 1-5. It could be 0-6. On the surface you have a good roster but it will take time to gel. You needed a Warriors or a Dragons match amongst that horror.
I think best case scenario is 2-4.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was always gonna take time to Gel but we have the cattle to be competitive and win while not fully peaking. We can even shake the tree against the top sides. We will be a lot better this year. 21 we were worst side in bulldog history.