News Bulldogs’ brutal season start; Cowboys (R1), Broncos (R2), Manly (R3), Storm (R4), Panthers (R5), Rabbitohs (R6)

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FMD, the NRL sure looks after Melbourne and the Donkeys.

Five of Melbourne's first seven rounds are at AAMI Park. Is this the NRL helping Melbourne knowing that cracks are appearing everywhere in their "culture", with Munster and NAS the headliners and the Dolphins about to steal their major source of players.

Seven of the Donkey's first 10 games will be played in Brisbane. Is this the NRL helping the Donkeys knowing that the Dolphins are on the move and about to make big signings in what used to be exclusive Donkeys and Melbourne recruiting territory.

Always a Bulldog
Well it makes sense given that the Broncos are owned by Newscorp and they provide significant TV rights to the NRL

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Look at our last 10 rounds, that's a dream run home and were deadset good for at least 7 of the 10 games to finish off and cement a spot in the top 8.

15Bulldogs v Wests TigersSunday 19 June4:05PMCommbank Stadium
16Bulldogs v SharksSaturday 2 July3:00PMCommbank Stadium
17Bye
18Bulldogs v RabbitohsSunday 17 July6:15PMStadium Australia
19Bulldogs v TitansSunday 24 July2:00PMCommbank Stadium
20Knights v BulldogsSunday 31 July2:00PMMcDonald Jones Stadium
21Bulldogs v CowboysSunday 7 August2:00PMSalter Oval, Bundaberg
22Warriors v BulldogsFriday 12 August6:00PMMt Smart Stadium
23Eels v BulldogsSaturday 20 August3:00PMCommbank Stadium
24Sharks v BulldogsSaturday 27 August5:30PMPointsBet Stadium
25Bulldogs v Sea EaglesFriday 2 September6:00PMStadium Australia

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Look at our last 10 rounds, that's a dream run home and were deadset good for at least 7 of the 10 games to finish off and cement a spot in the top 8.

15Bulldogs v Wests TigersSunday 19 June4:05PMCommbank Stadium
16Bulldogs v SharksSaturday 2 July3:00PMCommbank Stadium
17Bye
18Bulldogs v RabbitohsSunday 17 July6:15PMStadium Australia
19Bulldogs v TitansSunday 24 July2:00PMCommbank Stadium
20Knights v BulldogsSunday 31 July2:00PMMcDonald Jones Stadium
21Bulldogs v CowboysSunday 7 August2:00PMSalter Oval, Bundaberg
22Warriors v BulldogsFriday 12 August6:00PMMt Smart Stadium
23Eels v BulldogsSaturday 20 August3:00PMCommbank Stadium
24Sharks v BulldogsSaturday 27 August5:30PMPointsBet Stadium
25Bulldogs v Sea EaglesFriday 2 September6:00PMStadium Australia
It's almost as if the draw evens out after we have some tough games in the first 6 weeks. Who would have thought?

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
We are the spooners. All games are tough. Why are so many people complaining

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Teams we play TWICE;
Panthers
Rabbitohs
Sea Eagles
Eels
Knights
Sharks
Wests Tigers
Broncos
Cowboys
So 3 out of the top 4 from last year (including the 2 grand finalists). I dont mind the other teams we have to play twice though

I said previously I thought it was an ordinary draw but that more revolved around our first 6 rounds plus the fact we have to forfeit one of our home games for Magic Round again.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's almost as if the draw evens out after we have some tough games in the first 6 weeks. Who would have thought?
Yep it does mate but that happened last year as well. We actually had a decent run home but by then our season was cooked and we had nothing to play for.

I havent had a look at the draw but it would be interesting to see if any other teams had to play the top 4 teams in the first 6 rounds. Lets remember last year we had Souths, Penrith and Storm all in the first 5 rounds.

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the first few games. It will give an indication if we have a hope or keep thinking about rebuilding. I truly believe we will be very competitive next season and a dominant start is what we need for confidence. Do the Dogs.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep it does mate but that happened last year as well. We actually had a decent run home but by then our season was cooked and we had nothing to play for.

I havent had a look at the draw but it would be interesting to see if any other teams had to play the top 4 teams in the first 6 rounds. Lets remember last year we had Souths, Penrith and Storm all in the first 5 rounds.
99D4F4CA-D11B-4EB0-8BB1-7DB49EC84C51.jpeg

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So our split is 13/11 in regards to top 8 and bottom 8. Only the Broncos have a worse split.

But when you look at it I agree with others that it evens out. Its more just getting the good teams early on
and dont forget we request Parra, Souths and Roosters every year

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Should I be whinging and crying about something that can't be changed instead? I know we've been losing for the past five years but the loser mentality of our fans is alarming. This is a different squad. They shouldn't be afraid of playing anyone. If you are, then you've lost half the battle before the game has started.

That's what I meant about the clubs traditions. I don't remember our underdog teams in 95 and 98 that made amazing runs to get into the finals and then to make the GF against all odds crying about the draw and how hard it is..
Dean did :grinning:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We are the spooners. All games are tough. Why are so many people complaining
We'd have preferred not to get Top 4 back to back to back to back is all, in the opening 6 weeks :grinning:

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We draw the highest crowds of most Sydney teams and they give us the worst timeslots for attending games. Especially if we start winning more games
we have alot of sunday games they are the biggest crowd pullers traditionally

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
5 games on free to air as arguably sydneys most powerful club is a sellout by NRL they dont care about football or the fans

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
5 games on free to air as arguably sydneys most powerful club is a sellout by NRL they dont care about football or the fans
We finished last this year and have been down the bottom for a couple of years now. Until we start winning and being competitive we don't deserve shit.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Thankfully next season we're much better positioned to be competitive in those tough games early on and we can potentially win a couple.

Now that the draw has fully been revealed, it seems very even amongst the 16 teams in terms of playing last year's top 8 and bottom 4 teams.