Fox Sports Brent Read Say's Bulldogs Trying To Organise Elliott On A Player Swap.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Elliott is on 500k or 480k james is on minimum. No Fucking way we “trade” that.

If we swap it’s for another 480/500k player. I think sack the **** is best play then we could sign james etc for minimum and have 300k+ to cap.

I don’t buy into this unless it’s like other said maybe tapine.

We won’t touch chn.

Gus isn’t stupid he isn’t trading cap mismatch’s or more walking headlines like chn.
I dont think James is on min wage. He was to be picked for origin before he injured his ankle or ACL, and was signed to the Raiders at that point if im not mistaken.
Im not suggesting a like for like replacement here, but financially it probably is close.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Utility Half & Bulldog Butch. Have either of you not considered the fact that CHN met up with an adult teacher (and not via that school visit as we found) He did not "lure young girls" to his room the same as Okunbor. He did not do anything that quite a few of us may have done at some point in time......look for a bit on the side.......I would take him back in a pinch, but not too sure that he would want to return.......
My understanding was that the school girls pursued both Okunbor AND CHN & that CHN brought a teacher back to his room at a later date. So that was 2 instances for CHN.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My thoughts are the only reason for a swap rather than sack him is because that's the only way a club would release one of their contracted players to us & no body else. So if our desired player is from a club that likes Elliott, we use him as a way to get what we want.

My restrictions would be that they must take on his wage though.
The other thing is because of Elliott's behaviour, his value to other teams has gone down, so maybe he has to do what Woods did & cop a $50k reduction in salary to go elsewhere.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am counting down the days to that magical morning in December where the family all gatheres around the Yucca tree.....the most wondeful time of the year.
Isn't the tree a naked Elliott & everybody has to take turns climbing on him?

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This should read Elliot for Nathan Cleary and Trbojevic.

He is hung like 2 men apparently
Yeah it's a pity his ball playing skills don't relate to his ball handling out on the field. But I hear there is no one better in a toilet cubicle. :grinning:

Last edited:

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On 360 tonight, Brent Read said that he received information today that the Bulldogs may actually try to swap Elliott rather than sack him.

To me, the only way this would be acceptable is -

1. If the player we get in return is of equal contract value OR they take on his full wage.
&
2. Only if we legally cannot sack him.

He may be a useful pawn to trade if it indeed helps us to pry a player on contract at another club of value to us.

If that were all come to fruition it would look a bit better optically to help him out rather than leave him out on the streets, as he seems to be a loose unit who has the potential to go off the rails & suffer with mental health issues. If that happened after we booted him then somehow the world would blame us.

I know Ricky Stuart loves him as a player as well as Gus & Ricky being really tight, so perhaps the deal could be there.

I'd love it to be Tapine, but I doubt Ricky would let him walk.
A swap would keep the media quite,
if the club sacked him all hell would break loose about how we throw our "stars"under he bus.
One way or another it would be in the clubs interest for him to go.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I dont think James is on min wage. He was to be picked for origin before he injured his ankle or ACL, and was signed to the Raiders at that point if im not mistaken.
Im not suggesting a like for like replacement here, but financially it probably is close.
He done his ACL twice in a row and then signed with the Raiders after that. So yh he's probably not on minimum wage but I doubt he's on anything significant.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He done his ACL twice in a row and then signed with the Raiders after that. So yh he's probably not on minimum wage but I doubt he's on anything significant.
I thought he signed before hand. Anyway, he is a skillful big body when fit. Something we don't have a lot of.