Fox Sports Brent Read Say's Bulldogs Trying To Organise Elliott On A Player Swap.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
View attachment 29556I saw this on the daily telegraph, any known hookers that warriors would give up for also probably rules out ryan james as Canberra dont want him.
I'd swap him for the Warriors odd man out next year, Kodi Nikorima.

Has speed and plays up tempo to suit the new game. Has a short kicking game and is better than any current half-back we have.

Id take him on a 2 year deal.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The lack of footy has really hurt Topine imo, he doesn't have the natural size of these other guys coming though and has relied on his intensity, pace and agility to dominate the grades. He really needed the few years of senior footy to condition and develop his body and there's now a bit of gap between him and the other guys in the same age group.

I personally don't rate Ferris at all, no club has really thrived with him in charge and this season didn't really change my opinion. Hopefully the focus with Topine is building explosive power and not just bulking him up to the point where he loses too much of his pace and agility.
Listen to Ferris with this week's injury report. Same standards n expectations for next pre season. Nothing about changing things, it's a worry

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Must admit I was a fan of his. I couldn't understand why we didn't work with him further. Code Walker is a fucking grub but is playing some excellent football and was a late bloomer as well.
Horse has bolted now but i also agree plus as mentioned is a terriffic goalkicker, was also surprised he wasn't retained.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Who the fuck is going to take him?
If no suiters that'll give us a useful player he gets the sack anyways I guess.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That won't happen but would love him back.

He won't come back after we hung him out to dry.
Pretty sure that the NRL decided the original punishment. We just didn't fight it due to the poor publicity at the time. When it was overturned I'm sure that Canberra just offered him more money and he shat on the club.

Utility Half & Bulldog Butch. Have either of you not considered the fact that CHN met up with an adult teacher (and not via that school visit as we found) He did not "lure young girls" to his room the same as Okunbor. He did not do anything that quite a few of us may have done at some point in time......look for a bit on the side.......I would take him back in a pinch, but not too sure that he would want to return.......
Either way taking girls to their room while on club trips was against the rules. One player showed remorse, the other acted like a spoiler child and threw a tantrum to get out of his contract. I don't want CHN back personally.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty sure that the NRL decided the original punishment. We just didn't fight it due to the poor publicity at the time. When it was overturned I'm sure that Canberra just offered him more money and he shat on the club.

Either way taking girls to their room while on club trips was against the rules. One player showed remorse, the other acted like a spoiler child and threw a tantrum to get out of his contract. I don't want CHN back personally.
i dislike okonbur but completely agree with this statement. he said sorry and worked his way back into the team instead of carrying on like a porkchop

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah it's a pity his ball playing skills don't relate to his ball handling out on the field. But I hear there is no one better in a toilet cubicle. :grinning:
dylan brown has entered the chat

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you know I only realised last year it was a fake sound when they blew it :tired:

like it’s huge, looks cool, gets the crowd clapping etc. can’t you Atleast make it functional :p

but yeh when the person blows it the PA system plays a sound over the top :sweat: Raiders should pay a fine for bringing the league into disrepute.
It would take too much air to get the thing to work. Would need an air compressor, but is probably not made from a good resonating material anyway. It is not like an Alpenhorn.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i dislike okonbur but completely agree with this statement. he said sorry and worked his way back into the team instead of carrying on like a porkchop
Thats because no one else wanted him! :tearsofjoy:

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn’t mind a swap with horsbouough definitely a win win