Official Brent Naden signs with the Bulldogs until 2023

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Same, I didn't mind them. They can get fucked now, hate them more than Roosters.

Yes, seriously who else is available? We should fleece their roster. Love that Baz does not give a flying fuck about what they think. Hopefully CEO Fletcher out of a job soon too.
We should target fletcher for a role make him an offer he can't refuse then sack him

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The most shocking thing about the article was the Tigers signed a good player who was wanted by several clubs....WTF

I'm happy with the Naden deal as long as we didnt pay overs but Baz said last night we wont be doing that anymore. That probably explains why we didnt sign Pikura
Let's get this right...
Naden wants to come to us...true
On a massive deal...false
Most importantly, he must learn from his mistakes !!!
As for Hetherington...they didn't want him.

Malla

Reaction score
We should target fletcher for a role make him an offer he can't refuse then sack him
Hahahahaha yes

No but honestly I can't wait to see the fall out of Panthers not winning a comp this year. Whos gonna lose their job first? Cleary? Fletcher? Blame the board?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
More media guff.
They didnt re-sign Burton in his last year off contract.
They had no room for Hetho and farmed him off to Warriors and didn't re-sign him in his last year off contract.
They have no room for nor re-signed Naden in his last year off contract.

All Penrith's management and coaching decisions and any other team would have, and were, trying to sign them.

We got then bc of Baz.

All the while Penrith have signed Momo, Eisenhuth, Capewell themselves and "stolen" players off other clubs.

Desperate derro journos.
..... and managed to re-sign all the players they really wanted to keep

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is what happens to most clubs (not all, i.e The Roosters) that become successful and have a lot of depth/juniors..

They had to massively upgrade Cleary, Luai, Leniu, Chrichton, Staines, Edwards, JFH, Kikau, Yeo, Api and maybe Capewell so they end up losing guys they didn't prioritise... And soon they'll lose more good juniors and depth because they overpaid to re-sign Staines, Crichton etc which means they'll be cap fucked for years..

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hahahahaha yes

No but honestly I can't wait to see the fall out of Panthers not winning a comp this year. Whos gonna lose their job first? Cleary? Fletcher? Blame the board?
We haven't seen nothing yet :laughing:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Let's get this right...
As for Hetherington...they didn't want him.
Under or over 250k? Also under or over 600k for Rudolf?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Let's get this right...
This is why I was originally opposed to Naden:
Anyone who racks up Charlie the night before the GF has no place in our club in my view, but if he has or is willing to learn his lesson and apply himself 100% at Belmore and we don’t pay too much then OK given he can help improve our backline. I just hope it’s a case of redemption and not another Jimmy Jet or Ben Barba.

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You know what I find hilarious ? Panthers saying how good they are ?
Head to head we’ve won nearly 20 times more than them.

last premiership was 2003
Ours was 2004

we’ve made the finals more times then then since their last and our last premiership.

made 2 grand finals and lost both and they’ve made one and lost that also.
Knocked them out in 2014 for the grand final.
Let then cry and watch the storm or roosters beat them again, they are now my most hated team due to their arrogance
They have won 2 grand finals in 53 years

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don't think we'd get Naden for under 250k. Between 250-325k max would be fair both sides..

I hope they're not offering more than 500k for Rudolph. Even that would be a stretch.
Naden is a reserve grader (right now) and has a questionable history, i think 250k is more than fair if we're offering a long-term deal. 300k wouldn't be the worst in terms of cap but I would be disappointed if we offered more than that.

Rudolf is an upgrade but he isn't a major one, I agree 500k max for him. I've heard we originally offered a fair bit lower than that but have recently heard we've upped it to beat the Sharks...

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
More media sensationalism. We got one player from Penrith so far they didn't want to lose in Burton..Naden and Hetherington and even DWZ and Christian Chrichton were surplus to requirements so we've hardly raided their club.

What the Roosters did to us years ago stealing Myles, Mason, Anasta, Shrek and later Money Bill was a real raid..
More media sensationalism. We got one player from Penrith so far they didn't want to lose in Burton..Naden and Hetherington and even DWZ and Christian Chrichton were surplus to requirements so we've hardly raided their club.

What the Roosters did to us years ago stealing Myles, Mason, Anasta, Shrek and later Money Bill was a real raid..
The rorters make my blood boil. Not just the raids but they seem to be above the law when it comes to NRL rules and salary cap almost untouchable.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They have won 2 grand finals in 53 years
And only made 2 grand finals in the last 30 years (going from 1992).

Also importantly they have only made the prelim final 4 times in the last 30 years (2003, 2004, 2014 and 2019). Thats a shit record.

We have made 6 grand finals and 10 prelim finals in that timeframe and they carry on like they are the fuckin St George team of the 60's

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is what happens to most clubs (not all, i.e The Roosters) that become successful and have a lot of depth/juniors..

They had to massively upgrade Cleary, Luai, Leniu, Chrichton, Staines, Edwards, JFH, Kikau, Yeo, Api and maybe Capewell so they end up losing guys they didn't prioritise... And soon they'll lose more good juniors and depth because they overpaid to re-sign Staines, Crichton etc which means they'll be cap fucked for years..
I like that term “cap fucked” lol. Good one.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is why I was originally opposed to Naden:
Anyone who racks up Charlie the night before the GF has no place in our club in my view, but if he has or is willing to learn his lesson and apply himself 100% at Belmore and we don’t pay too much then OK given he can help improve our backline. I just hope it’s a case of redemption and not another Jimmy Jet or Ben Barba.
Coming from close people to him, he is ready to redeem himself !
I certainly hope so too !!!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Naden is a reserve grader (right now) and has a questionable history, i think 250k is more than fair if we're offering a long-term deal. 300k wouldn't be the worst in terms of cap but I would be disappointed if we offered more than that.

Rudolf is an upgrade but he isn't a major one, I agree 500k max for him. I've heard we originally offered a fair bit lower than that but have recently heard we've upped it to beat the Sharks...
Thankfully it sounds like they're identifying high upside and younger players from most clubs and seem to be unwilling to pay massive overs for certain players, so that gives me confidence.. Paying more for big targets seems to be a possibility but then it would be worth it..

Obviously we need some more experience as well to round out the squad and provide leadership but unfortunately there aren't a lot of quality older players available that you'd want to give multiple years to outside of Finucane and Taupau and who knows what they'd be asking for..