Brave effort... but poor bench rotation.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Definitely shows that we need another forward on the bench instead of Lichaa. Had we had RFM today instead of Lichaa, could have turned the tide in our favour at some critical moments.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He’s not stupid champ. He’s right. Losing Napa and then HIA to CHN put everything out of whack.
So what that we had an injury or HIA? These things happen every week and coaches have to constantly deal with them as well as they possibly can. This is something that Pay struggles with and needs to improve on. It also doesn't help when he handicaps himself with the selection of Lichaa on the bench.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Canterbury cup side got toweled up today and were poor...The boys that were dropped and played in the game should have been aiming to put some pressure on those who have been promoted..it did not happen that way however..
We will get more value from any forward in Cup for 20 minutes, compared to the 20min from Lichaa

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure about what? Muster was hard to stop when he was 50m out let alone 10 metres out running onto the ball.
A non concussed forward would have made that tackle

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So what that we had an injury or HIA? These things happen every week and coaches have to constantly deal with them as well as they possibly can. This is something that Pay struggles with and needs to improve on. It also doesn't help when he handicaps himself with the selection of Lichaa on the bench.
But what his saying is it throws your bench rotation out
Napa pushed 14 mins, last week 60
Chn 80 last week, he was saying how it changes everyth8ng

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
But what his saying is it throws your bench rotation out
Napa pushed 14 mins, last week 60
Chn 80 last week, he was saying how it changes everyth8ng
That still isn't an excuse because like I said it happens every week and all coaches constantly have to deal with it. Pay and whoever else is involved work too closely to set changes and lack the flexibility to make decisions on the run, this needs to improve moving forward.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I gotta say a part of me died inside when I saw Lichaa on. I honestly don't see why Pay persists with him. Teams can even tell which way he is going to lollypop so by the time the lollypop lands they are being smashed. Apart from Lichaa it was a great dig against a team that is a top 4 in this comp.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That still isn't an excuse because like I said it happens every week and all coaches constantly have to deal with it. Pay and whoever else is involved work too closely to set changes and lack the flexibility to make decisions on the run, this needs to improve moving forward.
Mate, we have no idea on how fit the players are. Only the coaches know who can play what minutes. Maybe extra minutes for Ogden would of been detrimental. Also you can’t keep making changes with limited interchange anytime you want. There are also certain players you want on the field that you think are the best to finish games off, just like there are players best suited to starting. You MUST have a fair idea on how your rotations should work before the game(as you call a template or whatever) according to each players fitness levels and the maximum minutes they can punch out.
It’s very easy to critique in hindsight. But the fact of the matter is if Okunbor doesn’t make that error then Munster doesn’t score.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Mate, we have no idea on how fit the players are. Only the coaches know who can play what minutes. Maybe extra minutes for Ogden would of been detrimental. Also you can’t keep making changes with limited interchange anytime you want. There are also certain players you want on the field that you think are the best to finish games off, just like there are players best suited to starting. You MUST have a fair idea on how your rotations should work before the game(as you call a template or whatever) according to each players fitness levels and the maximum minutes they can punch out.
It’s very easy to critique in hindsight. But the fact of the matter is if Okunbor doesn’t make that error then Munster doesn’t score.
Don't agree.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Sometimes i wonder we even bother on these forums with the intellect of some.

We are just trying to tell them that the forwards were tired as fuck while we had 2 fresh forwards on the bench. God forbid we have an opinion on here which goes against Pays choices .

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
First of all love the game and love the effort by the boys. So close but disappointing to lose.. very proud of them .

But...

The forwards were tired as fuck around 60min mark . Elliot came on 15th min mark and poor kid was puffed out which led to Munster try and he kept him on till fulltime. Great effort by the kid..not blaming him..

Why on
Ogden should have got a second stint for sure Moe. He was great again today. Smith deserved more minutes too..

But it was a brilliant effort by the team. We were the better team and deserved to win but Melbourne just grinded it out and wore us down.

I'm happy Pay let them throw it around a bit and it just makes you wonder what the hell happened the first two weeks when we see the effort of the last few weeks..
In defence of Pay, he’s been open about the fact that he’s trying to build their first grade minutes so they can play more and longer stints as they don’t have the base to do so just yet. Both were good today in the limited time they had.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
In defence of Pay, he’s been open about the fact that he’s trying to build their first grade minutes so they can play more and longer stints as they don’t have the base to do so just yet. Both were good today in the limited time they had.
In defense of Pay, his poor rotation has been going since he first coached us. At least he is consistent.

I loved the effort of the boys today, for the first time In years, i thought we could win even with 3 mins to go. Im even warming to Elliott playing front row but no other position, just shits me to tears while watching the game, seeing the boys out of puff while we have fresh forwards on the bench. Put them on for fucks sake.

For some members on here, you are not allowed to have an opinion knocking pay for or the Bulldogs whatsoever.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not buying the Elliott fatigued theory.. first,, the scrum took at least 1 minute to set.. more than enough time for a "professional athlete" to catch his breath.. second point..Elliott was defending in the back line on a scrum and misread the situation.. sorry but Elliott has a missed tackle in his game regardless of whether it's the first 5 minutes of his stint or the last 5....

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fucking hell he missed a tackle against the Australian 5/8 who looks odds on bets to win Dally M for the year. Gassed not gassed, subbed not subbed it could of been anyone in that position and chances are Munster would of gotten through. He's the best in the game for a reason.

Stand up boys, watched that with my heart full and not even depressed in the slightest, after last weeks effort and this weeks with the youngest spine in the comp they stood up and stood up well. And I'm glad my Meany wraps for the last year have been proven right, he's our long term full back option and he attacked every kick put up and ran at every chance he got. Bravo boys, you've done this club fucking prouder than half the turnstile players that have walked in and out over the last few years in one game.