Brave effort... but poor bench rotation.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
JMk looked good at the 60 min mark, not sure why they don't just leave him on and make the change if necessary. all in all though the refs were the reason for storm win, dogs clearly the better team on the day
I 100% agree he did not look tired and made no mistakes whatsoever dean needs to cut the cord with lichha

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If people saw the Canterbury Cup, they would not be considering promoting RFM. He was horrible. Maybe he is still injured or underdone.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If people saw the Canterbury Cup, they would not be considering promoting RFM. He was horrible. Maybe he is still injured or underdone.
Yeh I agree
He didn’t look very enthusiastic,wonder if pissed of for being dropped
Hope to see a better version this week

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
There's worse coaches in the NRL. I'd rather have Deano as coach than about 10 current NRL coaches. I'd put him ahead of Brown, Cleary, Seibold, Brennan, Hasler, Stuart easily.
That isn't relevant here though, this is simply an observation on one area where I think Pay needs to improve. And yes, Pay has't got a lot wrong in recent weeks and if we see more performances like this instead of the garbage from last season then I'd be more than happy for him to extend his stay for another few seasons.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Bro's, I just checked our interchange schedule while having lunch, we only used 7/8 changes against the Storm...nearly choked on my chicken!

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That isn't relevant here though, this is simply an observation on one area where I think Pay needs to improve. And yes, Pay has't got a lot wrong in recent weeks and if we see more performances like this instead of the garbage from last season then I'd be more than happy for him to extend his stay for another few seasons.
Well said!

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He came out early in the second half running hard and made some good post contact meters on his first 3 or 4 runs and then petered out. Still think he should be used as impact off the bench rather than starting and playing long minutes.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bro's, I just checked our interchange schedule while having lunch, we only used 7/8 changes against the Storm...nearly choked on my chicken!
yes at the time of the Munster try we had 1 interchange left. Easy to criticise in hindsight. but let's say he interchanged elliot with Ogden and someone did a serious knee injury. We finish the game with 12 and lose. people whinge at Pay for exhausting his interchanges too early.

Could he have used the bench differently, hell yes. Could it have affected the result. sure we could have conceeded more or scored less. or maybe we win. criticising someones decisions in hindsight doesn't prove you know more.

I think a bigger question is why the fuck did we give Munster a one on one opportunity with a Front rower?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
yes at the time of the Munster try we had 1 interchange left. Easy to criticise in hindsight. but let's say he interchanged elliot with Ogden and someone did a serious knee injury. We finish the game with 12 and lose. people whinge at Pay for exhausting his interchanges too early.

Could he have used the bench differently, hell yes. Could it have affected the result. sure we could have conceeded more or scored less. or maybe we win. criticising someones decisions in hindsight doesn't prove you know more.

I think a bigger question is why the fuck did we give Munster a one on one opportunity with a Front rower?
I wasn't bringing this up as direct reference to that incident, just more of an overall observation. People were carrying on about us being down players yet I found it odd that we didn't even use all available changes.