Brandon Wakeham

Status
Not open for further replies.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wakeham seemed ok in SGBall - tackled well regardless of size and I believe has another year in that age group - hot headed though - not sure if that is good or bad

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just a couple of the great tries scored in Westfields Sports 56-4 win over All Saints

MasterP

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
His half Lebanese half Fijian, yes hot headed but the Bulldogs got to keep him. This is coming from guys that have coached him, the best talent they have seen for year's.

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The golden point try by Filia Utoikamanu that won Westfields Sports High School the State Final, defeating Hills Sports 10-6 at Campbelltown Stadium.

Westfields move on to take on the winner of the Queensland State Final.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What's his completion rate like? If it's not 80%+, Des doesn't want to know about him.
Also, he has to "kill the ball" by taking the last tackle....no grubbers into the in goal area and definitely no bombs otherwise no chance to even get a look in.

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The game winning try scored by Jake Averillo in the final minute of play, handing Westfields Sports High School a 26-24 win and their first Schoolboy Cup National Title.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's his completion rate like? If it's not 80%+, Des doesn't want to know about him.
Also, he has to "kill the ball" by taking the last tackle....no grubbers into the in goal area and definitely no bombs otherwise no chance to even get a look in.
You've seen the kicking game of our halves, can you really blame des for running it on the last?

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Massive raps on this kid, his a five-eight with all the skills, a lot talk about this kid from coaches and trainers around the club. They are saying this kid is best they have coached in a while, remember the name.
You know what- fuck these threads with promising youth. 1 injury or 1st grade game can fuk them up.

I want something NOW!

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You've seen the kicking game of our halves, can you really blame des for running it on the last?
Mate, I've also seen them grubber in the in goal and put pressure on when they want to but when you get told not to in fear that we have to do one extra tackle in the set....then you might as well hang up your boots.
What was the difference betwern defending a 6 or 7 tackle set in our team?
I will, tell you....NOTHING.
Even on 6 tackles, we never gained anything because we were back pedaling and the opposition was gaining 70mtrs a set.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate, I've also seen them grubber in the in goal and put pressure on when they want to but when you get told not to in fear that we have to do one extra tackle in the set....then you might as well hang up your boots.
What was the difference betwern defending a 6 or 7 tackle set in our team?
I will, tell you....NOTHING.
Even on 6 tackles, we never gained anything because we were back pedaling and the opposition was gaining 70mtrs a set.
I actually don't remember our halves putting grubbers into the in goal, usually if it does happen its from a forward or outside back. Most of the time mbye or Reynolds kick it's not in the right spot in the air or they kick it into the defenders legs or dead

MasterP

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's not hype Marley, his the real deal. If anybody know Wayne Lambkin who has coached Westfield sports High for over 10 years & he has coached some really good players through those years but none better then this kid.

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I watch a fair bit of the lower grades but never seen Wakeham play , how does he rate against lewis ,keighran and kerr ? All fantastic prospects

MasterP

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Jamma01 his got those guys covered I can tell you that with confidence, it's just his hot heated & a bit too cocky.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
His half Lebanese half Fijian, yes hot headed but the Bulldogs got to keep him. This is coming from guys that have coached him, the best talent they have seen for year's.
Are we talking Joey Tramontana hothead, or James Graham hothead?

In other words are we talking "abuse the ref, get sent off, potentially will spend more time on the sidelines than playing" hothead, or "that bad call pissed me off so now I'm going to mull over it the entire game nad have a shocker as a result" hothead?

Status
Not open for further replies.