Brandon Wakeham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Wilson

Waterboy
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with this kids aggression, he is a winner and he is old school. He expects his team mates to perform and when they don't, he lets them know in no uncertain terms.

He is going good in his age groups, like many other kids time will tell, ive seen many a kid be a star at 15,16,17 and then when other kids mature, get stronger, start doing weights properly ..etc, they come back to the field pretty quickly. But Wakeham certainly has the talent.

Was at leichhardt for aboriginal knockout and saw Zac Saddler in under 17's, looked impressive. Big and solid carried the football well. Just got to be careful where he stands in defence, not overly quick and did look a little clumsy in his lateral movement on a couple of occasions throughout the carnival.

Interested to see how the Talau bros progress. The younger brother made the NSW train on squad last year, i believe he is not a five-eigth but the bulldogs persisted with him in that position in matts last year. His first instinct is to carry the ball, seen him play a few times a real competitor but he is a backrower hands down, his outside men don't get the ball when they should, if he play's five eight.

The older brother is a hooker, high work rate very tough,another product of westfields.

Pesamina Pasina - Canterbury like him, im not so sure. Little barrel, nugget shape runs hard but just to straight up and down for me. Is lazy, the type of kid you need to be on his back all the time.

Maurice Salei - I believe bought from wests, plays in the centre's or fullback. Really like the look of him. Solid hard to tackle and is deceptively toey. Hands do let him down on occasion's.

Logen Dillon - Only small but is quick and a match winner in the juniors. Does wander at times, but is safe under the bomb, does need to work on his defence has a miss in him, night mare for opposing forwards when he is on, when goes to dummy half and and runs causes a lot of problems.

Jacob Winterstein - Was on outside back been moved into the forwards, has ability and somebody that could be really good but is very lazy, he will do something well and follow it up with a poor read or a lazy effort on the inside etc... but i think the right person could turn this kid into something, and has a good body shape to work with.

I don't know much about kids that we have bought from interstate or NZ im led to believe there are a few, and there is obviously Will kerr and Kayne Kalache that you would have seen get a run in 20's this year out of Sg Ball.
Hope this helps

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with this kids aggression, he is a winner and he is old school. He expects his team mates to perform and when they don't, he lets them know in no uncertain terms.

He is going good in his age groups, like many other kids time will tell, ive seen many a kid be a star at 15,16,17 and then when other kids mature, get stronger, start doing weights properly ..etc, they come back to the field pretty quickly. But Wakeham certainly has the talent.

Was at leichhardt for aboriginal knockout and saw Zac Saddler in under 17's, looked impressive. Big and solid carried the football well. Just got to be careful where he stands in defence, not overly quick and did look a little clumsy in his lateral movement on a couple of occasions throughout the carnival.

Interested to see how the Talau bros progress. The younger brother made the NSW train on squad last year, i believe he is not a five-eigth but the bulldogs persisted with him in that position in matts last year. His first instinct is to carry the ball, seen him play a few times a real competitor but he is a backrower hands down, his outside men don't get the ball when they should, if he play's five eight.

The older brother is a hooker, high work rate very tough,another product of westfields.

Pesamina Pasina - Canterbury like him, im not so sure. Little barrel, nugget shape runs hard but just to straight up and down for me. Is lazy, the type of kid you need to be on his back all the time.

Maurice Salei - I believe bought from wests, plays in the centre's or fullback. Really like the look of him. Solid hard to tackle and is deceptively toey. Hands do let him down on occasion's.

Logen Dillon - Only small but is quick and a match winner in the juniors. Does wander at times, but is safe under the bomb, does need to work on his defence has a miss in him, night mare for opposing forwards when he is on, when goes to dummy half and and runs causes a lot of problems.

Jacob Winterstein - Was on outside back been moved into the forwards, has ability and somebody that could be really good but is very lazy, he will do something well and follow it up with a poor read or a lazy effort on the inside etc... but i think the right person could turn this kid into something, and has a good body shape to work with.

I don't know much about kids that we have bought from interstate or NZ im led to believe there are a few, and there is obviously Will kerr and Kayne Kalache that you would have seen get a run in 20's this year out of Sg Ball.
Hope this helps
That post took a long time especially if I was typing it. Appreciate the scoop

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Hope this helps
Wakeham is certainly the word and they spoke highly of him on the schoolboys footy I watched. A natural player who could be anything for us, if he is given the chance. He is on the left with Adam Keighran on the right.

Thanks for that. I watched the carnival on TV and admittedly not as good a view as at the ground but agree with your assessments. I did not get to see as many of the junior rep games this year as I have in the past so it was good to see some of the young talent on show at the knockout. Zac Saddler certainly has a fire in his belly. Plays with a bit of aggression too but gave away some silly penalties in the finals game LA Perouse against CCO.

Jacob Winterstein is a good kid, went to our local primary school in Sydney and always excelled at footy. Hopefully he will lose that tendency to be lazy ( which as basically just the way some of the young islander kids are). He has shot up in height over the last year and filled out a bit. Was this the reason they shifted him from the backs to the forwards?

You are on the ball will Will Kerr and Kayne Kalache. Will did well stepping up to 20's this year but poor old Kayne had injuries which hampered him a bit. Spoke to his mum and dad at our last game at ANZ when he was sitting on the bench for 20's . Got a bit of a run at the tail end of the game and worked honestly for the time he was on.

We do have some talent coming through but will we nurture them and use them properly. I see Dillon Sullivan the big bopper we signed a few years ago from Qld has been moved on.
http://www.southburnetttimes.com.au/news/young-sullivan-up-for-mission/2789056/

Last edited:

matthew

Kennel Established
Reaction score
15 nrl teams after him , wonder if the dogs were the only team to not chase him lol

Steve Wilson

Waterboy
Reaction score
Thanks Mr Invisible, but i think your going to have to be in the know, or part of the mutual admiration society to get on the payroll and im an old man now, a dinosaur so to speak, from the day's when a face ball was a cut out pass, when halfs would play what they see and when first man of the ruck in defence was exactly that, now its "A" defender. But would really like to see us get our act together again at junior level, so every couple of years we are producing decent local talent. Funny thing i heard the other day, simple run around play where the ball receiver goes to the line and tries to hold up the defence as long as he can, so when he gives it back and the shift comes, you have isolated the defender your targeting. Speaking to my nephew I called it a well worked run around, my nephew wanted to argue with me for 10 minutes that its called the "STOPPER". Never heard of it, i must be getting old.

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Thanks Mr Invisible, but i think your going to have to be in the know, or part of the mutual admiration society to get on the payroll and im an old man now, a dinosaur so to speak, from the day's when a face ball was a cut out pass, when halfs would play what they see and when first man of the ruck in defence was exactly that, now its "A" defender. But would really like to see us get our act together again at junior level, so every couple of years we are producing decent local talent. Funny thing i heard the other day, simple run around play where the ball receiver goes to the line and tries to hold up the defence as long as he can, so when he gives it back and the shift comes, you have isolated the defender your targeting. Speaking to my nephew I called it a well worked run around, my nephew wanted to argue with me for 10 minutes that its called the "STOPPER". Never heard of it, i must be getting old.
So true, the old "run around" has been around for ever and when done well is still a great play which isolates a defender and often creates an overlap.
The classic scrum play in the Grand Final which resulted in a try to Ben Barba was another one that us oldies used to use often in the old days and great to see that it still works!

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Looks like he kicked 6 from 6 in sg ball this week , hopforly in for a big season and can press for a 20s spot

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
He isnt going to help us get the 2 premierships by 2019. He wont be in fg by then. And its unusual for the kennel to care past the current season.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Has a very good kicking game, isn't very quick, but has a heap of ..nt in him, and can tackle, at least against his own age groups.

Actually his long kicking game is exceptional, kicked a lot of 40/20's in the juniors.
If he isn't quick then don't get too excited. I think Speed is the number 1 pre req for greatness in the modern game . That even applies to frowards now

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
By all reports has killed it in the first 2 rounds in the flegg , probly two years away from first grade , very skillful player

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
By all reports has killed it in the first 2 rounds in the flegg , probly two years away from first grade , very skillful player
Before or after Pay has already discredited every other half at dogs already for Coggar?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Foran doesnt have more than 2 years in his body
Your right and considering the dogs are squeezing what ever his has left in him I wouldn't be surprised if his limping to finish line.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I hope he continues to improve, also Cogger looked good today in ISP even though the Knights lost. Good signs

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We are more than likely going to see him towards the end of next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.