News Brandon Wakeham will start in the halves for Canterbury in their season opener against Parramatta

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Is Cogger a better player then Holland? Yes. But Holland is a lot more versatile in the positions he can cover. So it does kind of make sense.

yeah i think your right

especially with all the HIA shit happening now

Holland can cover more positions i guess

i would start katoa and have JMK to cover all other positions

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fuck yeah this is awesome news. With some luck it muzzled all of the naysayers that think pay only ever picks his favourites.
Pay could have taken the easy option and selected Cogger but all credit to him for going with Wakeham.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If Pay puts Wakeham in the halves and Holland on the bench he would have taken one step forward and two back.

Anyway, will wait to see the official team on Tuesday.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nice choice and honestly the best. Lewis and Wakeham will partner well. Can’t wait til Thursday night.

Cannot have Wakeham and Cogger it just won’t work imo. Should work well, for what we have

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i wasn’t a fan of pay because of how he walk out on us back in 96 and went to the eels, but he has been given a very tough job with our salary cap problem and has had to try and fix a squad but with barley any money.

i’m a fan only way i would want him to move a side was if we got flanagan

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Happy to see wakeham get a go if nothing else cogger Lewis look terrible together.

That said holland as a hooker is garbage. Katoa surely is a better choice for bench. Ffs

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well pay has surprised me didn’t think hed have the balls to pick wakeham good stuff but katoa should be on bench not holland and cogger really needs to work on his defence before he sees 1st grade his d is atrocious

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Pay now needs to “pick and stick” with Wakeham if selected to start.

The bandwagon for him is large, hopefully he justifies the starting spot...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Pay now needs to “pick and stick” with Wakeham if selected to start.

The bandwagon for him is large, hopefully he justifies the starting spot...
He also needs to allow him to play to his strengths. No point picking him and asking him to play a role that doesn't utilise his ability.

Wakeham/CHN looks like a potential match winning combo in attack, hopefully we see it come Thursday otherwise I'll be having another episode on here.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jacko on same side as Wakeham sorry

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Holland would only be in for this game because meaney and dwz returning from injury. Can cover hooker and backs.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Wakeham is better than Lewis and Cogger so I hope he is given the time to reach his best.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Props for finally making the right call, hopefully Wakeham gets to play as the halfback and isn't pigeonholed onto an edge.
I thought you would like this one mate! But I agree we need to give Wakeham a shot if he’s going to develop. Hopefully RT & Napa lay the platform him to play some footy.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Great news if true about Wakeham. Credit to Pay for pulling the trigger.

If Renouf sees 40 minutes plus regularly then that would be another step in the right direction.