Rumour Brandon smith done deal

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I disagree. Smith does a lot of his good work off his own bat. In fact your hooker, being the first person to touch the ball on every tackle, can very easily shine in their own, without the team around him, or coach being the reason.
Not if they take too long to deliver the ball like Australia Post. He's a bit of a slug...... considering refs don't even bother with the 10m rule when we have the ball, he'll be like a letter without a stamp.

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The storm have reportedly offered morethen 700k, so your knowledge of "good business", seems poor.
Figures are always exaggerated in the media. They'd be offering him no more than 600k on the books

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Brandon smith has agreed to terms with the dogs not official yet but Brandon has agreed dogs are close to coming to an agreement with Melbourne. All will be announced after season completion. Dogs have put in an unmatchable offer
When can we expect an announcement?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
We just paid 750k for TPJ. 900k for Smith when comparing the 2 is cheap.
All the more reason to not pay another overrated player well above his worth.....at least TPJ is worth close to that on potential.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Smith has been the best hooker in the comp this year.
Looks better because of bellamy and the quality around him.....still a bit of a slug. Can't even pass from the ground. Has to do that little scoot towards the defensive line every time he distributes the ball. I think he's one of the more overrated players in the comp and if and when he leaves melbs, he'll be exposed.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Looks better because of bellamy and the quality around him.....still a bit of a slug. Can't even pass from the ground. Has to do that little scoot towards the defensive line every time he distributes the ball. I think he's one of the more overrated players in the comp and if and when he leaves melbs, he'll be exposed.
What about all of the times he stood out against Australia when playing hooker for New Zealand?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He has improved and will improve again next season. Footy is a running game now and he is the best running hooker in the game near the line.

sleepy dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There’s couple player swaps on the cards Melbourne have identified 3 players they’ll be interested in taking everyone is on the market. Barrett is pissed off at the lack of effort and courage shown by certain players no one is safe anymore

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
What about all of the times he stood out against Australia when playing hooker for New Zealand?
He has never stood out against Australia....lol. He's a tough, effort player, but technically he is nowhere near on the level of players like Grant.....I would take him for the right price, but he would want massive overs to come to our club.....I just don't think he's worth it.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He has never stood out against Australia....lol. He's a tough, effort player, but technically he is nowhere near on the level of players like Grant.....I would take him for the right price, but he would want massive overs to come to our club.....I just don't think he's worth it.
Did Cheese sleep with Elliott or something…?

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Storm wants Cotric they can have him. His been ok this season. But hasn’t lived up to what he’s worth. I’ll never forget the Cows game when Hoppa scored, Cotric was offside from the kick. Seriously.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He has improved and will improve again next season. Footy is a running game now and he is the best running hooker in the game near the line.
Can't agree....I think his game will go backwards under a coach like barrett.....i guess gus may get something out of him if he goes full shadow coach, but i just don't think he's what we need.....a dh's service is every bit as important as a running game if not more.....and i know you don't agree with this, but I think refs are much more dilligent in giving melbourne a good solid 10 metres because they dominate the ruck. If teams are creeping up inside the 10 against us, he'll get found out. I just don't think he's the type of player we should be targetting on massive overs......and i don't really believe gus would be wanting to splash a million a season on him....it's not really gus's style. I guess we will soon find out.