Rumour Brandon smith done deal

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If we offered him anything more than 600k, it’s a terrible piece of business. Surely Gus knows better. He didn’t go out snd pay overs for players at Penrith.
Tamou was on 700k a year actually. I'm sure there were plenty more (he also was fine with AFB going to the Warriors for 850k). You just need to be selective with the right players/positions and make sure you're not blocking what's underneath. Lucky (or unlucky, however you want to look at it) for us we have absolutely nothing underneath. I hope we throw the chequebook at Brandon Smith upwards of 900k. He's the final piece to a top 8 push.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anything can happen from now till November. However, it does make sense that nothing official can be announced until Smith is “actually” allowed to negotiate with other clubs. OP has a good strike rate in regards Dufty and TPJ. Excited when this comes into fruition

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Man I hope you’re right. He’s exactly what we need. Hooker position is the one position we’ve struggled with. I’ve got everything crossed, including my eyes. I think you could be onto something. If Gus wasn’t in the position he’s in at the club - I would doubt it. But Gus is one determined negotiator.
A little off topic....I use to date a girl with crossed eyes but I had to break it of we never saw eye to eye, I always had the feeling she was seeing someone on the side :grinning:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Tamou was on 700k a year actually. I'm sure there were plenty more (he also was fine with AFB going to the Warriors for 850k). You just need to be selective with the right players/positions and make sure you're not blocking what's underneath. Lucky (or unlucky, however you want to look at it) for us we have absolutely nothing underneath. I hope we throw the chequebook at Brandon Smith upwards of 900k. He's the final piece to a top 8 push.
I’m all for throwing big money at the right piece of the puzzle. I just don’t think Australia Post is it. I think it’s a lot harder to look like a million bucks under Trent Barrett then it is under Craig Bellamy.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’m all for throwing big money at the right piece of the puzzle. I just don’t think Australia Post is it. I think it’s a lot harder to look like a million bucks under Trent Barrett then it is under Craig Bellamy.
Brandon Smith's done his apprenticeship under Craig Bellamy and Cameron Smith (two goats). It's time for Brandon Smith to move on, get that massive pay day and secure himself a starting 9 position at a club (one of him or Grant have to leave, we all know which one the Storm will keep). He's also been the inform hooker of the competition and no one can take that away from him regardless what team and system he's in.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Brandon Smith's done his apprenticeship under Craig Bellamy and Cameron Smith (two goats). It's time for Brandon Smith to move on, get that massive pay day and secure himself a starting 9 position at a club (one of him or Grant have to leave, we all know which one the Storm will keep). He's also been the inform hooker of the competition and no one can take that away from him regardless what team and system he's in.
There’s a huge difference between looking like a million bucks in a great team like the storm and leading a struggling team out of the doldrums.

you’re entitled to your opinion. I hope we don’t get him (mainly because we would have to pay way too much). I think doing that would be a mistake.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
There’s a huge difference between looking like a million bucks in a great team like the storm and leading a struggling team out of the doldrums.

you’re entitled to your opinion. I hope we don’t get him (mainly because we would have to pay way too much). I think doing that would be a mistake.
We just paid 750k for TPJ. 900k for Smith when comparing the 2 is cheap.

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Brandon Smith has been hinting all year he’s joining us.. I remember when he was asked where he will be and he said what noise does a bulldog make.
SBW could be helping with this

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I disagree. Smith does a lot of his good work off his own bat. In fact your hooker, being the first person to touch the ball on every tackle, can very easily shine in their own, without the team around him, or coach being the reason.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sick of hearing about him TBH, however, don’t get me wrong … Be nice if true.!! I just can’t see him at the doggies. but we will see.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Utility half has some issue against Brandon. Every post about him he bags him. He’s like the Opposite of me where I’d let him blow me if it got him signed

I fucking hope this is true and agree with tbe others that said he’s exactly the missing piece.

Gun 9 easily the form
9 this year and that’s outstanding. If we can land him he is the exact piece we need and his prime to come.

Would give burton a dominate hand and hopefully bbo can cement himself with burton to lock 3 of our spines long term. Maybe dufty kicks on?

Also our pack with Brandon Pangai and Vaughan goes from pathetic to fucking impressive.

As others said with storm now at 700k I think it will take a mil. Though Gus being here gives me hope he won’t rest till we land Him.

We miss him we are not getting anyone near his caliber. API is going to be getting old. The other 9s aren’t close to Brandon and there’s no chance grant leaves to us (maybe Brisbane)

Please be true. Be the only way the spoon won’t hurt so bad lol

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Utility half has some issue against Brandon. Every post about him he bags him. He’s like the Opposite of me where I’d let him blow me if it got him signed

I fucking hope this is true and agree with tbe others that said he’s exactly the missing piece.

Gun 9 easily the form
9 this year and that’s outstanding. If we can land him he is the exact piece we need and his prime to come.

Would give burton a dominate hand and hopefully bbo can cement himself with burton to lock 3 of our spines long term. Maybe dufty kicks on?

Also our pack with Brandon Pangai and Vaughan goes from pathetic to fucking impressive.

As others said with storm now at 700k I think it will take a mil. Though Gus being here gives me hope he won’t rest till we land Him.

We miss him we are not getting anyone near his caliber. API is going to be getting old. The other 9s aren’t close to Brandon and there’s no chance grant leaves to us (maybe Brisbane)

Please be true. Be the only way the spoon won’t hurt so bad lol
It could be a deal worth $800k with $200k worth of 3rd party deals (ie Laundy Group)

Brilliant business when you consider DWZ was rumoured to be on 700 or 800k next year… and with him off the books, surely that cash goes to Brandon Smith

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A little off topic....I use to date a girl with crossed eyes but I had to break it of we never saw eye to eye, I always had the feeling she was seeing someone on the side :grinning:
That’s hilarious. Very clever.