News Brandon Smith breaks silence on Melbourne Storm future

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
And that's what I'm getting at, where are you getting that he isn't worth $700k from? That's your valuation
Well yeah, or course it is only my opinion. All valuations are subjective.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No more bites Ute lol i read your style/modus operandi ye cheeky closet cheese fetishist

At 9 he is worth(rightly or wrongly)probably 850k+ to most other teams...your in a small minority who doesn't see this i think.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
No more bites Ute lol i read your style/modus operandi ye cheeky closet cheese fetishist

At 9 he is worth(rightly or wrongly)probably 850k+ to most other teams...your in a small minority who doesn't see this i think.
I would bet you big money Gus wouldn't entertain the possibility of spending anything close to this amount on him, tbh. He's just not worth that much, mate. Nowhere near it. 700k at absolute most.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you were to go through every player in the nrl that has said "I can't see myself leaving my current club" etc etc but then sign with another club, you will find hundreds if not more. This article says nothing really

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
I just wanna know why he hasn’t extended with the Storm yet if it’s so hard to walk away from the club. Talk shit kient

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reason there’s constant speculation is because Melbourne apparently gave him permission to talk to other clubs and he was set to ask for a release previously add to that the media rehashing the same story with no new developments and this is what happens I don’t care if he comes or not don’t hold out much hope good luck to him whatever he does

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling hes just saying the right things leading into a gf his manager was vocal about the possibility about storm possibility playing grant at 9 in future i have a feeling its not all over with us and possibly us and his manager could be lining something us ,jac would be in his ear bigtime,he knows 9 is his with us and weve recruited well will be interesting what happens after the gf and nov 1
As much as I wish he'd come to us, haven't you noticed that a successful Club like the Roosters could do with a Brandon Smith, have the coin to outbid anyone, and win premierships. If he leaves Storm he goes to the Roosters who this year lost Friend, Cordner, Morris's and others freeing up plenty to buy the right player and Smith is the best on the market.
I vividly remember Hasler who wanted a busted Foran over a fit Cronk. How did that turn out? Hasler punted, we got Foran for not that many games and the Rorters got 2 premierships with Cronk.

Malla

Reaction score
I just wanna know why he hasn’t extended with the Storm yet if it’s so hard to walk away from the club. Talk shit kient
Lol exactly
His manager wants him to hold out until November because when he see’s the money on the table I highly doubt he will want to stay at Melbourne lol unless a yacht shows up at his new house on the Sunshine Coast

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus is an example of someone who has taken many public digs at our club. Yet look where he is now. Not as if BSmith was incorrect either. IF he does end up in blue and white, it'll be because he wants to be here. It will also show he is a smart operator, able to deflect without using blatant deception.
Facepalm , Gus coached us to a premiership and played for us. He has a right to take public digs at us

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never said he won't keep getting gigs.....of course he will. I said his sarcastic comments about three clubs who are "going well at the moment" served no constructive purpose.

Clubs don't sign players to appease sponsors any more than they sign players to appease fans. Clubs sign players they believe will perform well. Ultimately, it is performance that attracts both fans and sponsors more than anything else. Not to say that a larrikin type character can't have any positive impact on sponsorship or membership, but the influence of such a player is pretty negligible compared to the impact of a winning team that can go deep into the finals series. Nobody would care that Smith was a bit or a larrikin if he were playing for a lower flying team....it's possible suggestions his laid back attitude was unprofessional would actually emerge. I'm not against signing larrikins if they fit into what we need from a playing point of view, but attitude has to be taken into account and publicly badmouthing a club is not a good look.

I am also a firm believer Smith is not what we need from a playing POV. He'd be asking for way too much money and I do not believe he's a 700k plus type player. I believe he is good, but not elite.....the type of player who looks like a superstar under Melbourne's structures, but would not look like anything much more than serviceable at a lesser club.

As far as a certain member creating thousands of threads about Elliott, that's just hyperbole, mate. In fact, I haven't said much about him at all since he was tapped on the shoulder..... the only times I've really spoken about him recently have been times when certain other members have dragged him unnecessarily into a discussion *cough cough.

Anyway, now that you have brought Elliott up, do you have any evidence his most recent indiscretion would have had any negative impact on sponsorship had the club kept him? No sponsor is going to bail on a club because a player gets thrown out of a restaurant for fooling around in a toilet.... players do worse shit all the time and it doesn't have a negative impact on sponsorship. "Parting ways" with Elliott wasn't about sponsorship. It was a business decision. The new administration felt he was on overs and possibly that he was offside with some of the playing group. I don't think it had anything to do with sponsors. Our biggest sponsor actually publicly argued he should be retained.
You honestly scare me

49D277CA-D65E-4B7F-82F1-E71A9AB0A9CA.jpeg

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If STROM win the comp he won’t leave he will go for the 3peat, who wouldn’t ?

if he does leave the Storm, ROOSTERS are The favourites
He's contracted for 22. He will stay with Storm to see out contract so the 3peat can occur.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Now that Nrl has come out and said that there will be another team in Brisbane for 2023 Smith will come out and make a decision. :tearsofjoy:

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
"I’ve been linked with the Titans, the Tigers and the Bulldogs ... geez, they are all going great at the moment."

-with that attitude, I don't think he's what we want. We're looking for someone who wants to work and make the Dogs a competitive team; not trail along on the coat tails of the winners.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
That’ll do me... Monumental rorting still going on in the NRLoL to the point where they don’t even try to hide the cap rorting these days and the media are all for it and openly gloat about it, I don’t watch any of it anymore, first we had to sit back and watch the biggest rorters the Roosters go back to back and now the other big rorters The Storm will do the same this year... Rugby League is dead and burried! Vote with your attendance simply don’t watch the corrupt sport.
Doesn't the Murdoch, or Nine media, have a financial interest in the Storm?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Doesn't the Murdoch, or Nine media, have a financial interest in the Storm
Not any more, was Tripp 50%, Campbell 30% and Ryan 20% until last year when Ralph bought 20% reducing Tripp, Campbell and Ryan to 25% each, the remaining 5% was left for Argyle (the Aussie who owns the Toronto Wolfpack) but I’m not sure that’s happened as yet.

Always a Bulldog

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"I’ve been linked with the Titans, the Tigers and the Bulldogs ... geez, they are all going great at the moment."

-with that attitude, I don't think he's what we want. We're looking for someone who wants to work and make the Dogs a competitive team; not trail along on the coat tails of the winners.
This is where JAC excels in what he said on why he was happy to accept the challenge on contributing to make the bulldogs a force again and mentor the younger pups in the squad.
B Smith's quote kinda reminds of Fifita's (sharks) comments a few years back when we signed him and he was quoted by the media he really didn't want to be here. And that was the end of that.